RvR newbie here :)

Avenhar

Fledgling Freddie
oki here it goes and i know i will prolly get lotsa flames , but not intenting to .
i am just starting on RvR with my minstrell.
wich i am really starting to enjoy , she has the normal set up 50 instruments, 30 weap <my case thrust> and 30 stealth.
i am fairly low RR so i only have SoS.
i saved up my cash to get me decend SC Armor and have a couple arties but non really high lvl and i am ml 3 sojo.

i really enjoy fighting midguard players , cause it seems pretty even on 1 on 1 , or FG versus FG. they are skilled fighters and its fair battle.

the only thing i really wonder about is the main part of hiberian groups i seen.
its just a they come in range, mezzed, 2 blasts... dead.

now from the more experienced RvRers how do you prevent that ? i dont stick to the group leader i run on the side, but i dont like to sos out of the battle , but stay there and try to keep groupmembers somewhat alive if i even get the chance.

now i dont know alot about the hiberian realm , but aint that like no fun for you to just blast everything to hell without a fair fight?
i dont want to be yelling for a class nerf but it seems bit ummm to much .

do your hiberian nukes kill you in 2 hits without the Power relic also ?

maybe i can get some advise how to have it fair game versus hiberian groups :)

thank you

Arnor

Fledgling Freddie
you rly should join gol tbh, pm aussie he told me he'd let you in the backdoor

duact

Fledgling Freddie
start with joining a grp wich wins mez and can heal u when u get nuked, also your job as mincer should be to interupt those casters and the hibs support + demezzing ur grpm8s.

or just join gol.

Amadon

Fledgling Freddie
Avenhar said:
the only thing i really wonder about is the main part of hiberian groups i seen.
its just a they come in range, mezzed, 2 blasts... dead.
albion can nuke just as harder.. well.. harder in fact (delve on fire wizard dd > delve on light spec dd, bolts)
now from the more experienced RvRers how do you prevent that ?
win mez / spread out early / get your sorc to stay back and spam mez/amnesia, get good theurg
i dont stick to the group leader i run on the side, but i dont like to sos out of the battle , but stay there and try to keep groupmembers somewhat alive if i even get the chance.
er.. as a mincer? you should try get within range of those casters to interrupt them with your insta stun and 2 dd's, and ae mez.. not really your job to try keep your group alive imo ^^
now i dont know alot about the hiberian realm , but aint that like no fun for you to just blast everything to hell without a fair fight?
-shrug- I usually have fair fights with FC, GoL and a few other alb groups (or 2-3fg low RR albs)
i dont want to be yelling for a class nerf but it seems bit ummm to much .
best you don't start calling for class nerfs if you're playing a minstrel...
do your hiberian nukes kill you in 2 hits without the Power relic also ?
hib nukes don't kill me.. but yes.. alb nukes kill me in 2 hits if my support aren't awake to heal/interrupt
maybe i can get some advise how to have it fair game versus hiberian groups :)
interrupts 4tw

Tilda

If i were you'd sort out you're SC.
I dont know how your equipped, but if you dont have SC yet and thus have low resists, its not supprising you get nuked hard.
Try getting/buying some old pre-toa SC while you sort out your artifacts etc, stuff that caps most if not all resists and you should be a tougher target.
Spread your DD's, stun and melee out between casters, you shouldnt have a problem keeping 3 perhaps 4 targets interupted if your quick on your toes.

Pan your camera around, so you see inc before you see ZZZ above your head, then split away from your group to avoid mez. You can either then demez group members or focus on interupting. If you drive your group and see inc, target bard, sprint and land DD/Stun before they finish casting mez.

Your right about not using SoS to run away. But if you're in a tank group, and they mez you, pop SoS so your casters can get clear, and tanks can move to targets sharpish, SoS can be used offensivley.

As well as interupting you can mez, keep cleric free of pets etc
Hib casters hurt, but if you dont give them the chance to cast, they stop hurting.

If you're good at twisting, get a pet and bring it + speed, then set it on a caster etc.

Tilda

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
Congratulations you've met a high RR caster group with their own stun (no need to assist a cleric), group purge to help win the mezz war and 20% damage bonus from relics.

wizards wouldn't be quite so evil if we have the relics - slightly more damage from the nuke but no stun before it so you at least get to run around headlessly before you die :) oh and generally the enemy realms have heat resists ;)

take 2-3fg pugs and you might do ok ;) try and interrupt their casters and healers, aoe amnesia from the sorc is good (since even if you win the mezz war they'll have purged it 2s after)

getting some heat resists in the group would be good too - but then you have to group a friar.... good luck finding one or having your group leader who's still got pre-ToA preconceptions to actually invite one if you find it. Could get the paladin to twist heat resist I suppose but they'll get mezzed and it's gone.

I think the answer is:

low RR alb PuG has little to no chance against a high RR ToA'd hib group with 3 power relics. Bring a zerg.

However some of the suggestions above will help you do slightly better :)

Avenhar

Fledgling Freddie
wow thanks finally a reply with some help besideds joing another guild <thanks for offer thou :)>

i didnt mean as in i need a nerf on other realm , read to many nerf posts here and they all end up in big why dont we just all get every abilety there is.

like i said i am really new to this.

i get the interuppt casters , but i dont even get that chance cause i am mezzed as soon as we get into hiberian range , but then again i have never been in a group with a high RR sorc to see how that works.

i have been mainly in rand, groups since our guild is not an RvR guild , and i havent really been interested till i started bashing on stuff with my mincer.

i just dont get why it seems like alot of players think mincers are overpowered since i die pretty quick , but then again i am not really good at it yet :)

thanks for your advise will try to get there someday , to be able to kick some bootie :clap:

Tilda

In small stealth groups, mincers are overpowed, but in FG vs FG they're no more overpowed than healers, chanters etc.

In a stealth group, you can stun, mez, ablative, and melee, which gives a stealth group little chance unless they get the jump/have mez potions.

Also, its worth increasing your ML up so you get Zephyr and 10 sec god mode, they will help you both in solo/stealth groups, and in FG vs, RvR.

Tilda

Marczje

Fledgling Freddie
phae shift is soo much fun when some zerg attacks me near atk.. i just phase shift towards the keep guards ;p

i can get over the few rudes that gets me xD

Amadon

Fledgling Freddie
I can't quite understand why you're struggling with Hibs CC and not with Mids CC? Mids have more CC than Hibs, and more insta CC...

Try run with 2 sorcs (1 mind 1 body), you dont need long duration mez to get the upper hand...
Both theurgists and sorcs have a range advantage for interrupting over dd's (only nearsight is longer ranger), and theurgists have the added bonus of making it extremely hard to target them from range with their huge pets..

As for flim's whine about baseline stun on hib casters, 95% of my targets I don't need the stun for, the targets I would need it for it's useless on anyway. The only think I really use stun for is helping our bard win CC (it's quicker cast time than mezz and if one sorc/healer splits I try to either nearsight/dpsdebuffabuse or stun him).

Avenhar

Fledgling Freddie
sorry but what does CC stand for ?

and i have not met a midgard group yet that noone within my groups did not get a hit in at least .
with all the hiberian groups i ran in so far was allways the same mezzed or stunned or wichever and 2 nukes and group was whiped.
unless it was like a couple lonley soloers that we killed on the way .

the usuall hib. group i have ran into so far has the mezz and then theese huge nukes that blow everything away.

i really dont mind the dieing part , just would like to have a chance :)

Belomar

Part of the furniture
Duact makes a helpful post and Arnor a stupid one, what is the world coming to? :eek:

Arnor

Fledgling Freddie
Belomar said:
Duact makes a helpful post and Arnor a stupid one, what is the world coming to? :eek:

correction!

i made two! stupid posts. get your facts straight my friend ;p

Amadon

Fledgling Freddie
Avenhar said:
sorry but what does CC stand for ?
crowd control - ie. mezz, stun, disease, snare and root (and interrupts too but that's another issue all in itself)
and i have not met a midgard group yet that noone within my groups did not get a hit in at least .
then you've been very lucky
i really dont mind the dieing part , just would like to have a chance :)
hi.. welcome to excalibur.. if you're not fully toa'd running in an opted group with a lot of RvR experience you won't have a chance unless you're in a zerg
if it's any consolation, the groups I run in with RR8+ players in don't stand much of a chance vs a certain mid group, who tend to log if they can't farm people in 1fg all night ^^

It will change to some degree or other in NF tho, so don't give up..

liloe

It's my birthday today!
what someone said is I think the most important thing: Pan your camera. Panning is your best friend in DAoC AND keep focused, don't rest in silly places etc. 2 days ago we caught an alb group resting on the ridge leading dcx->mmg was easy to mezz and simply AE DD them. What you can also do for your grp is to DD druid pets, as they don't have that many HP's. This means 1 less interrupt for your grp . Use your flute to re-mezz enemy support classes. Especially hib is very short un unmezzing, so this hurts them even more. Ofc the key is experience, which you gonna get by playing playing playing, just try to get a decent group and do well in fights. Artifacts / ML's are also a very important thing to have. I dunno if equipping a mincer is hard, but try to get your stuff, at least you can solo mob for scrolls =) and ask your guild to help with artis =))

vintervargen

Banned
Flimgoblin said:
Congratulations you've met a high RR caster group with their own stun (no need to assist a cleric), group purge to help win the mezz war and 20% damage bonus from relics.

sos, 2 demezzers, 2300 range pets, 1850 range mez

wizards wouldn't be quite so evil if we have the relics - slightly more damage from the nuke but no stun before it so you at least get to run around headlessly before you die :) oh and generally the enemy realms have heat resists ;)

no stun but bolts instead, so not really an option to run out of range

take 2-3fg pugs and you might do ok ;) try and interrupt their casters and healers, aoe amnesia from the sorc is good (since even if you win the mezz war they'll have purged it 2s after)

2fg non-GGs or set groups is totally fair. try mez from range, move in, time your ae root just after the GP. spam ae amnesia.

getting some heat resists in the group would be good too - but then you have to group a friar.... good luck finding one or having your group leader who's still got pre-ToA preconceptions to actually invite one if you find it. Could get the paladin to twist heat resist I suppose but they'll get mezzed and it's gone.

if you have both mincer and sorc in group, a battlemaster friar with purge and CB should work.

I think the answer is:

low RR alb PuG has little to no chance against a high RR ToA'd hib group with 3 power relics. Bring a zerg.

you already said 2-3 groups, no need to bring more.

cougar

Fledgling Freddie
Amadon said:
the groups I run in with RR8+ players in don't stand much of a chance vs a certain mid group, who tend to log if they can't farm people in 1fg all night ^^

easier to bring TD zerg then trying to win :rolleyes:

Stunned

Fledgling Freddie
Is this a joke post !? Since I do not see how a hib group can be worse then a 3 healer with zehpyr+sham , sm, runie , bd warrior group with finished toa and usefull ML's.

cougar

Fledgling Freddie
Stunned said:
Is this a joke post !? Since I do not see how a hib group can be worse then a 3 healer with zehpyr+sham , sm, runie , bd warrior group with finished toa and usefull ML's.

I think if you havnt rvred much a hib pbae grp appears to be a bit more deadly since you die in 1~sec.

Neo

Loyal Freddie
cougar said:
easier to bring TD zerg then trying to win :rolleyes:

:fluffle: there there qgr, teh TD zerg (2.5) grps as most, is sometimes neccessary to counter teh alb zerg (5fg+) and Bugg abusing high RR mids. :rolleyes:

vintervargen

Banned
Neo said:
Originally Posted by Czadi Shroomer
We showed Hibernia how to exp

Ofc u did.... :rolleyes:

lol just saw, what kinda whine is this then? xD

i was the first druid that brought a fop to fins on excal, then we started PL/using animists there and ka-tjing, shroom-exping.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom