RvR music that effected your life

AngelHeal

Part of the furniture
Poets of the fall - Lift
was a nice one, but to say it has changed my life, well.... no:p

Most music is metal, and I really dislike most of the music 'songs'(they actually don't even sing:p) in that genre'.

[NO]Subedai

Fledgling Freddie
I cant think of daoc music that changed my life, however i think the famous DH vid got me into In Flames, who are now probably my favourite band. And a video by raid got me into Stratovarius.

Mauness

Can't get enough of FH
Bluesky said:
Not a bad post tbh Barun no matter how drunk you were at the time lol

hmm thinking about it and in retrospect I reckon the "Unforgiving Blade" sb movie from looooong time ago had more of an effect that i realised as listening to the Hammerfall tunes felt like i was reliving my youth with Iron Maiden and ACDC and the like. It was like i had forgot that kind of music for years and then it all came flooding back and i was back into heavy rock/metal again and im loving it all again now :)

dunno if thats effecting my life too much but i know i really enjoy it again and they also inspired my music choices in my movies :)

yup UB whole movie had songs that made me start listening to that type of music.

Then i watched Drimacus video, which he used a "freedom Call" song " Heart of the Brave" and that pretty much sold me to powermetal etc.

Ati

One of Freddy's beloved
BDC - poets of the fall - lift (Septina pov)
Nocturne3 - In Flames - Crawl through knives (bainshee pov)
Nocturne2 - song with bard pov some sort of celtic metal thing.
amaya healplz - lots of good music there
alb_mage_group - "somebody's gonna get their head kicked in tonight" always makes me laugh
Edlina/grapplestar - nightwish/other guy - over the hills or somehthing
and ofc, probably the best into in daoc videos - enclave1

those are basically the songs ive liked from daoc vids :)

illu

Part of the furniture
I also loved the Unforgiving Blade vid that made me buy the Apocalyptica album Cult. Also bought a Godsmack album off the back of another vid. Last of the Mohicans soundtrack was another DAOC-vid inspired buy :)

I think watching DAOC vids makes you appreciate other tastes in music, and even though I love mainly U2, Muse, The Wonderstuff and The Prodigy, I really like listening out for songs that I like then I download a few from the band then I usually buy the album :>

And once you start making vids, you tend to listen out for "cool" bits of music that you could possibly use in future vids - well I do anyway :)

Oli - Illu

Maeloch

Part of the furniture
Ati said:
alb_mage_group - "somebody's gonna get their head kicked in tonight" always makes me laugh
Funny one this, was orginally Fleetwood Mac goofing about under a pseudonym and sounds absolutely nothing like em. Although not seen that vid, prolly one of the covers, loads of bands did it.

Bluesky

Fledgling Freddie
illu said:
And once you start making vids, you tend to listen out for "cool" bits of music that you could possibly use in future vids - well I do anyway :)
hehe I do that too - typical example was when i heard some of "The Killers" specially the lines "I got soul but I'm not a soldier" from "All these things i've done" fitted perfectly into the char intro's in my first movie then i just had to use the lines "Snow is falling down on this glorious land" from Glory to the Brave by Hammerfall in my 2nd movie outro - awesome song for an outro imo but im a little biased being a huge Hammerfall fan :)

Stuff like that just seems to make the movie "work" better :)

sphir

Fledgling Freddie
Sure.

Allmost everything with In Flames & Mercenary - 11 dreams

proberly wouldnt have discovered them if it wasnt for the DAoC movies,
as my usual type of music is more towards trance/rap than rock/metal :)

Goretooth

Fledgling Freddie
Edens first RvR vid where we all (Rangers and Nightshades) stand around and dance in a ring...

"If you wanna be happy for the rest of your life; don't make a pretty woman your wife..." <and so on>

Loved it and got in a really good mood of it...

Also great vid indeed!

Cheers,
Nylis

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom