RVR missions

Phantomby

Loyal Freddie
Hi, Im looking for more information on what type of RVR missions are available, anyone got a link to some info? (my brief serches have turned up nothing of note).

Im aware you can do assassin missions, but what else is available (if anything)

Any info appreciated
Cheers

Phant
Blinx
Gromitt

Aadia

Fledgling Freddie
If you speak to General xxx in CS or the one in Snowdonia he'll give you all the options :)

Personal:
- Enemy guards
- Enemy players
- Reconnoiter
- Assassin

Group:
- Tower
- Caravan
- Enemy players

I probably have forgotten a few... Just talk to the general i'd say.

Phantomby

Loyal Freddie
ah cool,
any place on the web that has a list of whats required to complete these mission?

Assassin is spawn yellow con mob at a tower you own, but im in the dark as to the others.

ta

eSo

Can't get enough of FH
i had to kill 15 albs in my personal mission.

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
Personal missions

Assassination: go to friendly outpost or spire tower (the ones that are miles from the keeps) once you get close an assassin appears - kill him for 300 (I think) rp

Recon: go to a zone in an enemy realm (e.g. Noobie Forest in Forest Sauvage) and collect 200 rp

Kill guards: kill 25 guards from a particular enemy realm - ??? rp

Kill players: kill 15 enemies players from a particular realm (anything that counts as a "kill" for stats counts for this - not just deathblows) - get 750 rp bonus

Group missions

Tower: take a tower, can keep choosing different ones (not sure if this is a bug or not) - depending on the level of the tower and the number of groups completing the task on that tower you get some RP. (got 700 for a level 9 or 10 tower, 300 for a razed one, only 150 when we took a tower with several other groups around)

Caravan: find a particular caravan in the enemy realms (they roam between two keeps) and squish it. ??? rps

Kill guards: Same as the personal one but any guard kills go to the group total before the personal total.

Kill players: Same as the personal one but again any kills go to the group total before the personal.

Which mission to pick?

Personal mission

Solo: assassins or recon are the guaranteed way to make some rp (assassin if you can kill them, recon if you can't)

Grouped: get a kill guards or kill enemies personal mission and you can complete it whilst you're doing other things with your group.

Bear in mind everyone in your group gets 1/10th of the RP you get for completing your mission for helping. E.g. complete an assassination foil attempt with your group and they get 30rp - nifty. Complete your kill 15 mids task and your groupmates get 75rp extra each.

Group Mission
If you just want to roam around ganking take a kill enemies mission. If you're helping out with the realm mission you might want to take a kill guards mission or try and get a "take tower" for one of the towers that's needed for the realm mission.

Or if you're just out for some fun but need some direction get a tower or a caravan hunting mission.

Dukat

Resident Freddy
Kill enemy players seems to be 15 of what I assume is a randomly chosen enemy realm.

Kill enemy assassin will be around a friendly tower (afaik), yellow con to a 50 assassin pops on you as you approach the tower, very easy to kill, easier than assassin keep guards anyway.

Recon missions you just go to the area your told to. eg - east jamtland mountains or somthing.

Enemy guard missions require you to kill a certain amount of guards, I've not tried these though yet.

Easiest way to learn is to have a go yourself m8, its not hard and doesnt matter if you fail your first try :)

Phantomby

Loyal Freddie
Cheers for the replies, I was just looking for what was needed to complete these missions and what was available, which has been answered :)

Cheers again
See you in the frontiers...

DocWolfe

Part of the furniture
they need to really up the rps on these if they want to get the leet 8v8 crowd actually doing something to help the realm, I made 2k rps in 10 minutes earlier, would have taken much longer to take a tower and get half the rps.

Dukat

Resident Freddy
DocWolfe said:
they need to really up the rps on these if they want to get the leet 8v8 crowd actually doing something to help the realm, I made 2k rps in 10 minutes earlier, would have taken much longer to take a tower and get half the rps.

I dont know, I've seen people doing these non stop for ages and getting ALOT of rps for them, its almost guaranteed rps with little or no risk of death, I think it fits that people should need to do alot of them to get anywhere.

Phantomby

Loyal Freddie
The rewards seem about fair, would have liked one little bit of functionality though, where if im grouped with another char we split the personal quest rp's in half rather than just one getting it so provide easier duo / trio quests.

But i guess ill try out the group missions and see if they scale or can be done by pulling a few at a time.

<expects to get zerged by a hundred guards trying to do a group mission with 2 acc's>

Phantomby

Loyal Freddie
well if any 49's need decent xp and are low rr i reccomend doing assassin misions. Quick to do, port, run, kill and come away with 300rp's and 146mill xp + 40 mil xp for kill. not bad for 6 minutes work :)

Jimmi

Fledgling Freddie
Phantomby said:
well if any 49's need decent xp and are low rr i reccomend doing assassin misions. Quick to do, port, run, kill and come away with 300rp's and 146mill xp + 40 mil xp for kill. not bad for 6 minutes work :)

bad if you have a servant necro that can pull 20 red mobs worth 100+ mill each :p And that's just 1 min of work.

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
you can do them as a duo or a group even - if you complete a mission everyone in your group gets 1/10th of the rp (and xp) for helping.

ilaya

Can't get enough of FH
why do albion assasins hit for loads more than midgard ones?

Kagato

Fledgling Freddie
Regarding the Assassination missions, The Assassin is ALWAYS at one of the 2 towers furthest away from the main keep, i.e out of siege range.

Knowing this can greatly speed up the time it takes to find him.

Which generally means you can complete the mission in around 2-5 minutes depending on teleport options and if you pick the right tower first (50/50 chance).

Which if you farm non-stop its about 3,600 rps an hour for a non speed class at my estimate.

Not bad really if your having a bad night in RvR and just want some easy rps instead.

Dukat

Resident Freddy
You get information to guide you to the exact right tower. If you check the mission text it will say guardtower, watchtower, spire or outpost, if you hit /rw and click on each tower, it will say what type it is, so you can head straight there instead of running to each one. :)

Nemo

Fledgling Freddie
ilaya said:
why do albion assasins hit for loads more than midgard ones?

They are the only "Albs" that are solo, so be happy....................

Aadia

Fledgling Freddie
Kagato said:
Regarding the Assassination missions, The Assassin is ALWAYS at one of the 2 towers furthest away from the main keep, i.e out of siege range.

Knowing this can greatly speed up the time it takes to find him.

Which generally means you can complete the mission in around 2-5 minutes depending on teleport options and if you pick the right tower first (50/50 chance).

Actually when you get the mission it says EXACTLY at which tower you need to be.
Let's say for instance when you get the one for Boldiam Spire. If you look on /rw all 4 towers got all 4 different names: either it's Spire, Outpost, Guardtower or Watchtower.

Don't know if it's on all UI's as i've only noticed it last night, but my custom UI says this in small letters on /rw.
I'm using Derida v 1.80 btw.

I did notice you get artifact xp when you complete the assassin mission. No idea about ml xp as my cleric is ml10...

Dijiin

Fledgling Freddie
Kagato said:
Which if you farm non-stop its about 3,600 rps an hour for a non speed class at my estimate.

with the right teleport option and such you can get to around 5.5k rp/hour by doing assassination missions, which is think is a very good substitude for a bad rvr night.

Bracken

Fledgling Freddie
Kagato said:

Be warned though, it can send you to any tower your realm owns (regardless if they have the keep too)...had one in Fens the other night, even though Albs just had the 1 tower there :mad:

old.Whoodoo

Can't get enough of FH
Sojourner+skald/bard/mini = around 5 mins per kill. Finding a sojourner whos friendly = priceless.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom