[RANT] RVR...don't you mean RVEK?

Bahumat

FH is my second home
RVR (Realm Versus Realm)
RVEK (Realm Versus Empty Keep)

Loot
End game rvr seems to be taking empty keeps to get the loot bags, however if you get a green bag your reward is crap. Gold bags require you to finish in the top 3, however I dont know how good/bad those rewards are.

Example of problem
In WoW you had a BG called Alterac Valley. You were supposed to have big fights and then kill their Lord to win. What people realised is that its quicker to skip the fighting part, and rush their Lord. You have a race against them to see who can complete this first.

WAR is exactly the same. People dont fight or defend keeps, they just move as a zerg to the next keep which they can claim. They kill the lord and hope to get a gold bag.

RVR just interferes
Our zerg met a destruction one and we got rolled. I was thinking "excellent, now we get to go back and smash heads"...however in the Warband people were saying "ok lets move to praag and take that keep". I thought to myself "they dont even want to fight, they just take empty keeps which are not being defended".

Conclusion
I'm dissapointed in this end game rvr. You can take all 4 towers and 2 keeps in a zone to make approx 6k Renown. You dont actually have any proper fights nor keep defense.

What I hate is the fact i'm only doing these so I can try and win those gold loot bags. So far my items are better than all the stuff on Auction House/Renown Merchants. Even the PQ's are pretty crappy.

p.s. guild still leveling to 40 so cant do any raids with them, but thats besides the point.

Muylaetrix

Can't get enough of FH
RVR (Realm Versus Realm)
RVEK (Realm Versus Empty Keep)

Loot
End game rvr seems to be taking empty keeps to get the loot bags, however if you get a green bag your reward is crap. Gold bags require you to finish in the top 3, however I dont know how good/bad those rewards are.

Example of problem
In WoW you had a BG called Alterac Valley. You were supposed to have big fights and then kill their Lord to win. What people realised is that its quicker to skip the fighting part, and rush their Lord. You have a race against them to see who can complete this first.

WAR is exactly the same. People dont fight or defend keeps, they just move as a zerg to the next keep which they can claim. They kill the lord and hope to get a gold bag.

RVR just interferes
Our zerg met a destruction one and we got rolled. I was thinking "excellent, now we get to go back and smash heads"...however in the Warband people were saying "ok lets move to praag and take that keep". I thought to myself "they dont even want to fight, they just take empty keeps which are not being defended".

Conclusion
I'm dissapointed in this end game rvr. You can take all 4 towers and 2 keeps in a zone to make approx 6k Renown. You dont actually have any proper fights nor keep defense.

What I hate is the fact i'm only doing these so I can try and win those gold loot bags. So far my items are better than all the stuff on Auction House/Renown Merchants. Even the PQ's are pretty crappy.

p.s. guild still leveling to 40 so cant do any raids with them, but thats besides the point.

dunno about the server you play on, but on karag orrud, orvr has been nice during the last week. some nice big battles and some nice big keep sieges.

it seems to develop in the right direction on the server i play, i can`t speak for other servers.

Bahumat

FH is my second home
I'm on Karak Eight Peaks and I've only had 2-3 nights proper RVR (yesterday and a week back) so I realise im 'young' on this matter, however with the same outcome on seperate days it does worry me :(

Nate

FH is my second home
Go to one of the Keeps we own Booohoo, they'll never attack it!

Bahumat

FH is my second home
Go to one of the Keeps we own Booohoo, they'll never attack it!

Yeah but you'll Plink me and then that weird rapid fire thing and that causes me to pass out. Doctor said something about too much fizzy pop!

Tallen

Fledgling Freddie
There was a rather worrying incident on Karak Hirn recently when several Order WB's were taking a zone, destro turned up to defend and the WB leader ordered everyone to another zone to avoid them....

TheBinarySurfer

Can't get enough of FH
I agree with the OP - small-man rvr is non-existant outside of scenarios (where you are usually facing an opted FG so small groups just get steamrolled), so is solo, and 6v6 is pretty rare.

They really need to come up with an idea to stop people farming keeps fast to stop people losing interest in the endgame.

Nate

FH is my second home
Yeah but you'll Plink me and then that weird rapid fire thing and that causes me to pass out. Doctor said something about too much fizzy pop!
AM's don't have Plink :p

Gromnir

Fledgling Freddie
Havent been doing much open rvr but when I did Ordre showed up and got their asses kicked and then they vanished.

WoW turned people in to loot whoring suckers, nothing wrong with loot but when loot > * then ... well meh.

Blake

Fledgling Freddie
hmm

I think the game was based on "Realm versus Realm" so , ....In what form it is .....as long as it is "Realm versus Realm" i guess its ok to the people who designd the game?:lol:

If it's not your way you expected, there's always the /delete all option...:fluffle:

After playing since beta i've only seen big battles except in scenarios where one of the side's is sometimes to OP, wich pushes people to the Spawn and ruins the gameplay.:twak:

All the rest in Orvr ,.. well its Realm versus Realm , what can you expect.

for FG against Fg or 1 vs 1 i think there are other games where you can display ur skillzzzz.:worthy:

Bahumat

FH is my second home
Blake im not asking for FGvFG of 1v1, im asking for people to take keeps, but for people to actually defend them....or for the big zergs/groups to actually fight each other instead of avoiding each other

Bahumat

FH is my second home
ahh sweet, look me up on eight peaks (Bahustab)

Runoff

Fledgling Freddie
As order seems anytime a small wb forums and gos out Orvr, it takes 3full Wb of destruction to flatten us v rarly even numbered fights these days.

Also have noticed on k8p Destructions tactic/exploit of not defending keep and waiting downstairs untill we take hero then they gank us during rolls/loots and takes hero/keep back without knocking down any doors.

When keep changes hands all enemy should be ported outside keep.

Its semi exploitation in my books.

Calaen

I am a massive cock who isn't firing atm!
I had this problem two weeks ago on Hirn mate, I left 3 Wb's and even tried to defend a zone with 4 other people who also left one of the WB. The reason for leaving was the WB wanted to leave the zone knowing Order were inc to avoid fighting them and get another keep in another zone.

Truth of the matter is you just gotta keep at them and shame them into fighting :D I started using Capslock constantly in region chat spamming for people to join a real rvr WB :p Even stating that I wasn't going to pve like insert random names WB. Yes I get comments about not using caps but I just tell them to fo :p If they aint out there trying to help they may as well be playing wow :p

Now when I log in I get shit loads of requests to get a WB up and running and people actually looking to join my WB for fights. Alot of other Wb's willing to take basic advice and directions and the rvr is all the better for it.

Stazbumpa

Fledgling Freddie
The problem we all face is that most gamers are utter morons. It therefore follows that moronic game players will do moronic things in any game. Not RvR'ing in an RvR game is just one example of this.
The average gamer's "inner cretin" is also one of the reasons WAR has no official forums.

There is only so much the game developers can do about it without turning the game into a horribly linear grindfest where you have no choice in anything you do.

ramathorn

Fledgling Freddie
I'm just wondering....I renewed just recently out of sheer boredom, playing on 8P. in tier 4 now it just seems to be a constant warband led by kolun / rebel or one of their sheep and all that happens all day is running around taking BO's while doing everything possible to avoid any actual fighting...

tonight, for example, me and some folk from moi guild were cruising about thunder mountain looking for some folk to fight. the usual BO farming WB shows up and takes all the BO's in the area. in the meantime order are on the keep in the middle of the map, but over the regional channel kolun tells everyone to move to praag, there's more action there, ignore the keep in the middle. i looked at praag, wouldnt u know it, BO's held by order.

i was like wtf? - this is not how things were meant to be. we went to the keep anyway, lost it of course, only six of us and most not even 40, but it was fun (much more fun than the pve BO's). so then the second keep in TM is under attack, we go defend it. there is a little action, not much, something that the six of us could defend against atleast. but then once all the BO's are taken in the other zones, would you know it, returneth of the farmers (i guess to get the keep back, as im sure they didnt come to fight any order) but then steamroll the few guys attacking the second keep.

so seemingly the options seem to be: join the farmers pve'ing in rvr zones or play scenarios against set groups with the BW army......

im not even (relatively) annoyed about the BW army any more, to see what the RvR actually is in this game is more annoying than any class imbalance, bug or whatever else

sorry for (the most likely incoherant) rant, too much smoke, not enough sleep :p

Bahumat

FH is my second home
Hey Ramathorn,

I don't want to be the one to do this, but someone needs to say "ok guys, lets all agree to take the fight back to the warbands farming the keeps so we can do some proper RVR".

It seems like you and your friends already did this, but taking on a warband is no small feat so if a Warband of our own could be formed, it'd make some good RVR.

I don't think i'm the person to do this as I dont have enough influence...plus there's people in this game who are part of big alliances so they'd be able to get the ball rolling faster than me...plus I dont want to lol.

Calaen

Hey Ramathorn,

I don't want to be the one to do this, but someone needs to say "ok guys, lets all agree to take the fight back to the warbands farming the keeps so we can do some proper RVR".

It seems like you and your friends already did this, but taking on a warband is no small feat so if a Warband of our own could be formed, it'd make some good RVR.

I don't think i'm the person to do this as I dont have enough influence...plus there's people in this game who are part of big alliances so they'd be able to get the ball rolling faster than me...plus I dont want to lol.

It easy dude just use capslock!!!!!! some of the big alliances on my server are absolute tosh when it comes to organising rvr. There are more small guilds out there that will take the lead of someone that talks sense.

Ask Roo he regularly leads a WB against order and always coordinates with other people it does not take long to get a WB or two full of randoms/smaller guilds to bash Order.

ramathorn

Fledgling Freddie
Ask Roo he regularly leads a WB against order and always coordinates with other people it does not take long to get a WB or two full of randoms/smaller guilds to bash Order.

was so hoping we would have ended up on the same server as him, he was a fucking legend on prydwen :/

Calaen

was so hoping we would have ended up on the same server as him, he was a fucking legend on prydwen :/

He is a very nice genuine guy that wants the game to be played as it should be.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom