RvR discusion in Our realm (hibernia)

Tor_nada2004

Fledgling Freddie
Can some one tell me why we are so selfish , when we try to get keep , no high rr shows up , they never show up in zergs , i asked 1nce a fg only guild from Natural Selection : "why dome help us get keep" and they sayd " we dont ride more than 8 or less" dont get the point why wont they help us , they are part of this realm , wasnt we soppouse to help one a nother ? are we so noobs that they wont play whit us .. ? Dem hibbies , Llaw Arian , Celtic fist (well a little part of it ) , vengeance , thuath de mag mor , why wont they help us its in the Realm interest , .. i dont get the point can some one explain to me .. ? or my thinking its true , THEY ARE ASSHOLE's :eek7: well i hope they arent , and dunno why they dont come ...

Roger

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
for the simple reason that people play the game for fun, if people dont find bashing on a door for hours fun then they arent going to come help. Keeps really dont matter that much, if the relic was under threat i am sure people would come help, but if some random tower is under attack...who cares.

Everz

FH is my second home
Little Defense would be nice though,

Rather then groups that swarm past kill a few then bugger off leaving the rest to zerg the defenders.

Dallas

Fledgling Freddie
heh, whos the asshole for telling other people how they should play..

Fuaip

Can't get enough of FH
Yeah, you are right that it would be nice to get the high RR people to help too. But i cant see why you want them to come when they actually wanna go roam as 1 FG and not go zerg, and i know from my self that i find keepsiegeing very very boring and much more fun to roam.. But anyway, if everyone HAD to go to a keep when it was under siege, many people would find it boring and maybe stop playing..

And i really dont think that a few high RR people would do a VERY big difference against the mids/albs zerging a keep, so tbh in keep siege can alot of low RR people do just as much good as the high RR ones.

Division

Fledgling Freddie
Dallas said:

Most are assholes. "Don't add!" is the most common sentence I know used in rvr. It's also a way of telling people what they should do and not :)

I do also tell people not to add though. Guess that makes me an asshole...

RandomDotCom

Fledgling Freddie
Tor_nada2004 said:
Can some one tell me why we are so selfish , when we try to get keep , no high rr shows up , they never show up in zergs , i asked 1nce a fg only guild from Natural Selection : "why dome help us get keep" and they sayd " we dont ride more than 8 or less" dont get the point why wont they help us , they are part of this realm , wasnt we soppouse to help one a nother ? are we so noobs that they wont play whit us .. ? Dem hibbies , Llaw Arian , Celtic fist (well a little part of it ) , vengeance , thuath de mag mor , why wont they help us its in the Realm interest , .. i dont get the point can some one explain to me .. ? or my thinking its true , THEY ARE ASSHOLE's well i hope they arent , and dunno why they dont come ...

Roger

lies!!! lies i tell you!!! many times when during a keep take albs are outnumbering us i call on the help of Natural Selection and they will gladly help wipe out 3fg albs to aid our cause. They won't stay to bash the door, that's fk'ing boring, people who are into serige warfare do that. You just have to ask the right people.

BTW - i hate people that go "don't add" etc etc, hey, RvR = WAR!!! war = destroy the enemy, some of you are too focused on rps and not the real aim of rvr. Irony - LA tell me not to add, then when i am killing a sorc they add on me, ah the justice of the game ^^

Just play the game how you see fit, what gives you the most fun, the new patch (if they ever install it) will make seige warfare far more interesting

Maoni

Fledgling Freddie
Dallas said:

as someone else quoted you

telling ppl not to add is about the same thing...
and i dont remember the exact words but i was a "fucking adder" or something like that acording you for some time ago ^^

(it was a 10 second run from Beno bridge)

Fyric

Fledgling Freddie
the reason they dont help is that they dont find it funny bashing on doors, i mean, seriously who actually finds it funny?

The reason they tell people not to add is because they enjoy the challenge, rps have nothing todo with it, its too easy winning if youre more people than your enemy.

rps is just a way of keeping score these days, the funny part is the fighting.

Division

Fledgling Freddie
Fyric said:
the reason they dont help is that they dont find it funny bashing on doors, i mean, seriously who actually finds it funny?

The reason they tell people not to add is because they enjoy the challenge, rps have nothing todo with it, its too easy winning if youre more people than your enemy.

rps is just a way of keeping score these days, the funny part is the fighting.

he he :)
well, first of all I would like to say, that I am one of those that enjoys the really good fights without adds.

But! There has always been 3 different kinds of people in this game, when it comes to rvr.

These are the categories, where people lays under:
Realm helping |-------| Indifferent |-------|Fg vs Fg action

1) People that likes to "aid" the realm, does usually see the values in defending the realms outposts and also in taking outposts. Also they don't really see the "adding" as a bad thing because it's realm versus realm, and not Fg vs Fg.

2) People with indifferent attitude, does most likely just enjoy the game as it is, and takes what comes. If they sees a tower/keep under fire, which they pass, they do most likely run to there just to see if they can get some rp's or funny action. They do also like the Fg vs Fg action, but it's not something they sees as a must.

3) People that likes Fg vs Fg action, does mostly roam and prefer people staying out of their combat as it spoils their fun. They dislikes tower/keep taking in generel. (unless it's to trick people to run to there and just farm them :D )

Number 1 and 3 kind of people are pretty opposite. Number 1 gets their fun spoiled if people doesn't help them doing the realm thing, while number 2 gets their fun spoiled if people add.
The only thing that makes people not add, is the respect amoung people. If people does not help at ALL, then I think some might lose that kind of respect, and begin adding :p

Aran Thule

Fledgling Freddie
always going to be thoose that prefer to roam as a FG instead of sieging.

The more annoying side of things is when you have a hole in a keep and want to fix it, suddenly groups and people disappear.
Thing is that if everyone helped doing a wood run then it would most likely be fully repaired in less then 10 minutes.
However when your down to 1 repairer and 2 people summoning wood it takes hours.
Even if you dont want to help with the repairs/wood runs there are simple things that still help.
Rather then selling RoG staffs carry a couple on you to hand to the repaires when needed.
Unclaimed towers repair 5% for a single ironwood, would it hurt to carry 20 ironwood around with you?

Moving back to the topic, hopefully soon after cluster i will be running a MARR, its a raid where we try to get everyone in the realm involved.
Previous occations we managed to get 80%+ of hib/pryd out into the frontier and working together.

Im hoping that when the time comes that similar numbers from Hib/exc will join us.
However we still need more people signing up on pryd.net and this its where things will be planned.

Ballard

Fledgling Freddie
Maoni said:
as someone else quoted you

telling ppl not to add is about the same thing...
and i dont remember the exact words but i was a "fucking adder" or something like that acording you for some time ago ^^

(it was a 10 second run from Beno bridge)

Very different...

By adding you ruin our fun directly. By not engaging in siege warfare we do not ruin anyone elses fun directly. See the difference?

And by the way muithil we always defend our relic when there is a chance of loosing it even when most of hib cannot be bothered.

Talivar

Part of the furniture
As is said before tho a lot of the fg vs fg ppl lie or are hypocrits, they dont do it for rps and just like a challenge BUT gank any solo person on sight even if they known for not adding :(
And remeber i said a lot not all :p

statued

Loyal Freddie
here is a hibernian pyramid

_ :clap: _ <<jimmythepost
________
_____________ <<<pyramid

here is muithli now _ :clap: _ <<jummythepost

:eek7: <<<muithli

if you wanted this to make the guilds you mentioned help you when it comes to keeps takes etc.......you have failed......very badly

statued

Loyal Freddie
the pyramid looked so much cooler when i was making it qq ^^

Adlatus Hellbringer

Fledgling Freddie
IMO we have all been a bit like muithil and peeps like kayna etc...

I remember when i first started out in rvr in OF, relatively inexperianced and eager to get involved in helping the realm.

However after playing in rvr for a while you lose that enthusiasm for helping the realm and taking towers etc and slowly realise that towers are taken and retaken all the time! Its a neverending seige and after a while it gets kind of boring, and u start to ask urself what does this all actually mean?

For me roaming is where its at and i get a lot of fun out of fighting 8v8's and stuff. I dont like adds but i wont shout at people for adding cos tbh untill i pay their subs i dont wanna infringe on how they play their chars.

Neways while i dont agree with muithil I can understand his frustration. I can also say that while their are a few assholes out there I know for sure NS arnt among them.

Cheers,

Ad

RandomDotCom

Fledgling Freddie
Ballard said:
Very different...

By adding you ruin our fun directly. By not engaging in siege warfare we do not ruin anyone elses fun directly. See the difference?

And by the way muithil we always defend our relic when there is a chance of loosing it even when most of hib cannot be bothered.

will you QQ at me if i add mikos ?? your old leetzor friend wert :fluffle:

Ballard

Fledgling Freddie
RandomDotCom said:
will you QQ at me if i add mikos ?? your old leetzor friend wert :fluffle:

Of course I even have a /macro setup especially for you ;)

Maoni

Fledgling Freddie
Ballard said:
Very different...

It was more a of a pointing out about "telling how to play" =)
personally i dont care about adding even if ppl add me...

I love it when ppl yell dont add in the middle of a zerg btw, or at places very common people go for rvr.

I love fg vs fg action aswell btw, still I wouldnt be bothered if someone adding (maybe if I was making a rvr movie and this particular fight was supposed to be in it...then it would be annoying, but wouldnt yell at the "adder" anyway =P)

Tor_nada2004

Fledgling Freddie
heh

I might add , this its for Wert , i didnt say to bash the door , i just asked them if they can make a little room for us , after that i left , whit the for croc .. they passed a Therg and they did no harm to him but , then the Therg attacked me , and killed me and they didnt helead or summit , after that they rezzed me , wot's the point ? i didnt sayd to them BASH THE DOOR , I COMMAND U , i sayd to make us a little room for us to bash door , and .. they sayd " we dont run more than 8 or less " i dont understand hibs , they never help each other , well most of them , the high rr's think they are so important to help us , they think if they die in the zerg , they will be laught at , and destroy theyr reputation , like Calu , hes an asshole , but wot can ya do ? he didnt ask no favor's ... and so on but i think hibs should be more unified , if we zerg we can kill and conquer EVERTHING , nothing will stand in our path , i dont understand them ... well .

Roger

Rauno

Fledgling Freddie
Tor_nada2004 said:
I might add , this its for Wert , i didnt say to bash the door , i just asked them if they can make a little room for us , after that i left , whit the for croc .. they passed a Therg and they did no harm to him but , then the Therg attacked me , and killed me and they didnt helead or summit , after that they rezzed me , wot's the point ? i didnt sayd to them BASH THE DOOR , I COMMAND U , i sayd to make us a little room for us to bash door , and .. they sayd " we dont run more than 8 or less " i dont understand hibs , they never help each other , well most of them , the high rr's think they are so important to help us , they think if they die in the zerg , they will be laught at , and destroy theyr reputation , like Calu , hes an asshole , but wot can ya do ? he didnt ask no favor's ... and so on but i think hibs should be more unified , if we zerg we can kill and conquer EVERTHING , nothing will stand in our path , i dont understand them ... well .

Roger

are you retarded irl?

kiliarien

Part of the furniture
A point has been made here, but let's remember something useful about seiging - a tower/keep take gives those who don't operate in an RvR guild or just don't want to roam an opportunity to get into a group as peeps mill about around the tower/keep.

Those who want to roam can roam, it's not fair trying to guilt people into trying to help with seiging if they don't want to. You obviously deeply enjoy the satisfaction of seiging etc and contributing to the realm - I do sometimes, but other times I don't.

I know how it feels when your back is against the wall with mids/albs outnumbering/outgunning - but keep the faith :)

And besides Muithitl, you can conquer all with your stlong shield and finished temp now :worthy:

Avrot

Fledgling Freddie
Problem with a multi player game is you will never keep every single player happy.

Everyone should be able to get out of the game what they want, but without infringing on others enjoyment.

A Realm V Realm game is a war as stated above by Farmwert I think, and as such all enemy should be fair game by everyone, we are a realm to help each other (so im told). HOWEVER players with any decent morrals will not add on anyone elses fight, unless

A. Asked to.
B. Relic Defence.
C. Keep Defence.

Not adding should apply to leet grps as well who I have known come in a kill the person your killing solo or in your Stealth grp, but yet 10 mins later bitch about u adding on a fight there in, thats out of order imo, whats good for one is good for another eye for an eye etc. This is not the norm though.

My personal thoughts for this is GOA should add an arena feature where groups of upto 3v3 fgs could enter a large map say the size of EMain etc This would have terrain, couple of towers etc and play the eqivelant of a duel fight they like. This would of course only be an option but might help some of the no add preference grps get there challenge against other grps. Of course though some do like running around looking for their prey though which is fair enough. This would also maybe allow a league system between realms that could be played, competions options etc and rewards to realms maybe for winning the final if a league was set up.

Anyway im rambling over idea's GOA will never want to consider :(

But would be nice to see.

Ballard

Fledgling Freddie
Avrot said:

Yeah spot on mate.

In the case described we actually left alone the soloing theurg. We did know that sammysan was going into the area and would run into him but thought that allowing a 1vs1 fight (even though sammy did spam for help) was the right thing to do in this case. If there were 2 or more albs we would have killed them in a heartbeat but we all know how hard is to get a solo fight these days. to me its hypocritical to help someone when they are loosing but not help when they are winning as at the end of the day the peep playing the other alb toon is just a nerd like the rest of us trying to have some solo fun.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom