Russians do Dragrace :)

O

old.ivan

WARNING !!! post for drag race fans only :)

www.dragrace.ru

may as well not click on it, its all in russian <but i'll dig up some related pics when they put em there>. :)

Anyways a friend of mine recently finished a car using Russian base of Tavria <base weight 500kg> but instead of a normal 1,5 litre engine, a 1,8 litre engine was installed with various soup-ups. Ended up with 150hp/500kg. Front chassy <spelling> uses 13" Formula 3 tyres, and even then he has to start off from 2nd gear <not 1st>. Anyhow he ended up beating :

SL class

1,6 NoS VaZ
1,8 VaZ Turbo
1,8 VaZ SVR <which is a rather expensive tuning team>
1,8 Honda Civic Type-R

FS A class

2.0 NoS opel vectra
2.0 opel calibra
then lost 5 meters to Honda Civic 2.0 <winner>
FS C class

Winner Skoda Oktavia 325hp

US class

Winner Porche 911 Carrera 650hp

If anyone is interested i can post pics as soon as i get them.

edit : a few pics here, but not that many
http://www.dragrace.ru/index.phtml?p=gallery&id=1&gal=g_2

edit: old photo of da russian beast :)
http://photo.dragrace.ru/displayimage.php?album=5&pos=74

O

old.job

OK I was expecting lots of Boris's wearing skirts, running round a track :)

00.jpg

But nice motor anyway

S

SFXman

21.jpg

This one looks wonderful... you have to love Dodge Vipers.
So nice... but I could bet on the fact that this one would be keeled by the one here in Tampere, Finland. A tuned 800 hp Viper GTS :D

O

old.ivan

job, thats allegedly a '76 VW with around 90 hp hehe :)

And SFXman, that dodge got beat by Porche 911 with just 650hp, only because he totally lost the start.

Anyhow, some guys from "Fasttrack" team are working on Supra right now, trying to force it up to 900hp. So far they been at it for a year, its nearly done ... just that they cannot tune it properly.
:p

PS: i have a dilemma myself : Civic Type-R or Honda S2000. From American dragracing sites i can tell that Civic can be souped up to beat anything in its class, however s2000 is more appealing and has 40hp more in the standard version.

S

SFXman

Give me an M3 CSL any day baby!

Would love that in the "Midnight Metallic Blue" color they have on offer in the individual section...
...and my god this car (M3 CSL):
http://www.bmw.com/generic/com/en/products/automobiles/show_room/mseries/m3csl/index.html
Just let me quote the goodness...
"...to a mere 3.85 kg/bhp..."
"...3.2-litre six-cylinder engine in the CSL produces some 360 bhp (265 kW) at 7,900 rpm..."
"...111 hp/litre..."
"...torque of 370 Nm is delivered at 4,900 rpm..."
"...4.9 seconds from 0 to 100 km/h..."
"...16.8 seconds from 0-200 km/h..."

I mean... just look at it!

download_01_832-624.jpg

download_05_832-624.jpg

download_11_832-624.jpg

download_06_832-624.jpg

Tune that monster :D

O

old.ivan

Nice, but BMW has a shortlasting aluminium suspension :( And dishing out 3k every year just for that is too much imo. But its a damn nice car, combines decent size, good top speed as well as acceleration, not to mention comfort. [Mercedes SL 500 AMG does 100kph in 5,5seconds with top speed limited at 302 kph due to tyres]

But that Tavria i was talking about does 100kph in 5,2 seconds w00t !!! and thats at about 80% of its potential, need to change the gear differential from 4,7 to 4,5 and possibly make it 16valve injector instead of running on 2 carburators <im not versed in technical english>. Should be about 200 hp.

O

old.job

I was gonna buy a tweaked Supra, but I bought Cherokee instead cos of my licence, but next motor is the 850 BMW, you can buy a awful lot of car for very little cash.

That VW looks lovely, 90hp no problem, it's a cruiser.

As Will Smith said in Summertime
'Doing 5 miles an hour, so every one can see you' :)

Cars are cool, but my ZX12 will stay with the best of em, and will beat every last one of them in that traffic jam to the coast.

O

old.ivan

Personally prefer Porche as its even cheaper than the TVR. However even for these cars there would be challenge in Unlimited Street category of dragracing, for example a very decent value for money buy is Supra or ,even better, Nissan Skyline.
But TVR is an amazing machine, no doubt about it. Too costly though :(

S

Sibanac

Originally posted by old.ivan
Personally prefer Porche as its even cheaper than the TVR. However even for these cars there would be challenge in Unlimited Street category of dragracing, for example a very decent value for money buy is Supra or ,even better, Nissan Skyline.
But TVR is an amazing machine, no doubt about it. Too costly though :(

Well if you want fast and cheap, get a Radical

O

old.job

Do search for Porsche 917 Spyder, NOW THAT'S PERFORMANCE!

I'll help ya out.

Had the 5-liter turbocharged flat-12 not worked out, Porsche had built a normally aspirated 7.2-liter flat-16 motor. Though tested, it was never raced. It was never needed, as the turbo motors produced 1000 hp on the dyno and 900 hp in race trim.

The body of the 917/10K was slab-sided with a wing mounted between fins on the rear bodywork. The bodywork directly in front of the front wheels, was concave, instead of the normal convex shape, to help produce downforce. The 917/10K could go from 0-60 mph in 2.1 seconds, 0-100 mph in 3.9 seconds, and 0-200 mph in 13.4 seconds! Their race performance was so awesome that they were called the Porsche "Panzers".

S

SFXman

Originally posted by old.job
but next motor is the 850 BMW, you can buy a awful lot of car for very little cash.
850 BMW for cheap? Where? Tell me :D
I saw an ad for a '91 BMW 850, which had been used ONLY during summers and was in excellent condition all-round with 71,000 kilometres on it. They were asking for 51,000 euros... still, the car is 12 years old.

O

old.Tohtori

That viper loosing to a porsche isn't that amazing. Afterall GT3 was the car of the year 2002(if memory serves me correctly) and porsche has allways been the "face to face" car. Just suberb acceleration.

I have to say, when you buy a car, it's not about how fast it is, how well it handles or even what the mileage is. IT's simply about this:

gmi38.jpg

It looks goooood! :p

Ofcourse my personal favourite wheelmonster is:

tn_countach_lp400_s.jpg

Miami vice 4tehwin :p

EDIT: Also the Countach doesn't cost that much anymore. A very good model, can be aquired with a minimal cost of only 40-50k £ :D

O

old.job

51,000 euros!!!!!!

that's like £30k!!!!!!

A 91 850 in UK would be about 6-7 grand, but in showroom condition for that price.

O

old.ivan

Dont buy BMWs with approximately 100k mileage. Thats when they do first "Big bucks" check-ups and obligatory repairs/replacements. Will cost alot and deffo isnt worth the bother.
Besides the insurance costs and road tax go up per bhp/cc <depending on law> as well as the "age" of the vehicle. Long-run its best to buy M3, provided you have the money. Or go maximum value for money and get a Jap.

PS: also in that category ~$6-7k is Golf, but lately they have been producing rather crap quality vehicles and tend to break down rather frequently.

PPS: Going back to the threads initial topic. The Russian Federation [a step up from Moscows] dragracing finals took place last Sunday. Teh Porsche i was talking about <650bhp> got beat by a Nissan Skyline 750 bhp <which isnt the limit for such a vehicle, can easily achieve 1k bhp with various Jap soup ups>

S

SFXman

Originally posted by old.Tohtori
gmi38.jpg

I sort of like the sides... and back... but the front is just hideously ugly.
Seen this car many times before.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom