Running?

Thugs

Fledgling Freddie
Blimey so many infs etc leggit instead of standing and fighting. Time and time again it looks to be a good fight and off they go at full pelt. I don't like using imbalance so i suppose tis my own fault but am surprised at peeps lack of balls. Even had some try and run after getting a perf in on me hehe. Mind you only time i been perfed is when the inf or ns has evaded my first attack and stayed stealthed.

PKJ - Valkyn SB in Thid
(Edit before time up for below) No can do as i not crit based hehe. Just axe and poison and stealth ofcourse.

Shanaia

Fledgling Freddie
hidden "I RULE M8's!" ...

if you wanna gloat just do it out loud please this is sad

Thugs

Fledgling Freddie
Rule?

Gloat? Eh, not really cos i have lost a number of fights. But i had about 5-6 fights in a row where the other one ran off which i must say i found quite funny. I mean to lose against a player who then runs off the next fight?

Anyways Thid is a good laugh which is the main thing.

PKJ - Thid SB

Brolundar

One of Freddy's beloved
I ran off bcs I would not stand against your lagstrafing.

p.s. it was Sunday afternoon.

Thugs

Fledgling Freddie
Lag Straffing?

To be honest i didn't even know wot lag straffing was until recently? If you say i am cheating then no i ain't and never have done as far as i am aware. I do spin if i am out of end to get on your back - stick and spin. I do that to allow poison to kill and to avoid getting hit. Lag - straffing is going from side to side which isn't the same thing at all ( i think ). When i do that i miss nearly all the time, more so than the one trying to hit me normally but i last a lot longer.

Not surprised you run off to be honest as you are a scout and are supposed to in most situations at Thid level. Shows good tactical play. Ones i was complaining about were running infs mainly.

PKJ

Iceflower

Fledgling Freddie
Lots of assassins run of after landing the poison.

Heh, lag strafing (sic), strafing is part of the game, use it yourself and stop whining :)

Brolundar

One of Freddy's beloved
Dunno how its named correctly too, but your movement resulted in "You cant see your Target".

May be its the reason other ppl run off.

sori

Fledgling Freddie
Uhhh, you ewul middy.

I usually run if I: a) Don't start the fight, b) Just want to destealth a stealther, or c) Want to be annoying with poison.

With you it was mosty a); you seemed to be better at spotting me then I was at spotting you (even tho Saci has 23+5 stealth Oo). You played your SB very well, good job :)

Iodine

Fledgling Freddie
sori said:
(even tho Saci has 23+5 stealth Oo). You played your SB very well, good job :)

You relise that 23+5 stealth is the same as 19+5 ?

sori

Fledgling Freddie
Actually I read that you can overspec in thid, but I'm sure tho.

Thugs

Fledgling Freddie
Can't see your target?

Borlander.

Well another thing i do - and others do as well - is to run through the opponent and quickly turn using face. You end up instantly on that's person's back so i suppose you will get that 'can't see your target' because you are facing the wrong way. If you use stick then normally that stops that but if you don't use stick i and others can tell and then the run through onto your back is a real problem for you. But again this is just 'normal' play as far as i am aware.

PKJ
PS: can someone define exactly wot 'lag-straffing' is.

Ormorof

FH is my second home
running away is perfectly acceptable if you know you wont win the fight :p

if i get hit and i know theres another staelther in the area then im not going to stay and try to fight both, ill just leg it :p

Elitestoner

Can't get enough of FH
well u are buffed, fully capped, and with 20% relic dmg. you also constantly switch weaps and apply every poison under the sun as well as strafing like a bitch. gonna have to pull off some very funky shit to kill u - so ppl run instead

Lyne

Fledgling Freddie
Does circle strafing give you any real advantage - if you're stuck on someone while they are circle strafing then surely you always face them no matter what?

Thugs

Fledgling Freddie
Circle straffing?

Well yes you face them no matter wot but you will miss with your weapons more often than not because you are straffing. The opponent though also misses if you are far enough away from the front of them. If they are slow to turn - and some are - you can infact get on their backs and stay there. I actually have a bag full (8 weapons on me in all) of poison weapons so i swap weapons while circling with fresh poison on. Then i stop forra second to allow the weapon to hit and then attempt to keep away from their front again. This is just a tactic and can be overcome by the opponent for sure. But i have been caught by full health fighters who can see i am out of end and trying to get away only to turn the tables on them when they have caught me hehe. Nothing better than to be knackered after a hard fight and then to kill such a pursuer and get away after.

PKJ

Arus Canus

One of Freddy's beloved
Iceflower said:
Lots of assassins run of after landing the poison.

Heh, lag strafing (sic), strafing is part of the game, use it yourself and stop whining :)

kiting your target! :)

Lyne

Fledgling Freddie
Thugs said:
Well yes you face them no matter wot but you will miss with your weapons more often than not because you are straffing.
PKJ

Ah that explains a lot, I've encountered this when I get a stealther attacking my druid.. The fight starts going well (for me that is!) then when they get to about 1/3 health they start going mad and circling me. I've just never seen it be any use so I've always wondered :)

To be honest if someone pulled that dribble at the start of a 1on1 I'd probably run away, stand still or sod off, winning motto in my opinion :)

youngbaba

Fledgling Freddie
you can overspec stealth but anything beond your level gives very diminishing returns

strafe for the win!! i do it in duels and wen i win they cry

you can overcome strafing (circlestrafing that is, not lag strafing), /face dont /stick.
if you /stick you will follow thier lag ghost and they end up behind you, hence the "you cannot see your target"
if you /face you dont move off your spot, and as theyre stuck to u they will never go out of range, so you wont get the gay message

gj JPK, i recently capped my mini (Bobbingwood) and may reroll. like you say takin it to 50 is pointless witht the need to toa etc

Brend

Fledgling Freddie
so u wonder why ppl run? heres an example ....

A couple of mins ago i started to go across mb n ran into about 6 mid stealthers all sitting around,so i turned round start to head of mb ...on the way of i run past another sb.When i get of mb i see pkj who hits me unstyled knocking me outa stealth,so i run!!...straight into 3bd's going mb :(!!!!

so thats why ppl run m8.

brendy-ns

Iceflower

Fledgling Freddie
Brend you do nothing that not mid and alb stealthers do too. Selective memory is a good thing when posting on forums :) A good stealther picks his fights and tries to disengage from those he/she cant win.

MKJ

Fledgling Freddie
Brend

Hehe - well you may as well have stayed to fight then.

I tend to follow injured people or i go looking for likely places where stealthers are going to be.

I am not crit based. Infact i do not have any moves for crit so if something shows i hit it as fast as i can without thinking. Have to do that cos it stops me getting perfed or bs'd.

You need some buffs to compete i notice. I personally think celt nightshades are very good. Also the rangers are extremely good too.

Can't be easy as a ns for sure though Synthia and myself hadda good interrupted fight on mb not long ago. Am afraid she died though :D .

Keep up the good work.

PKJ

Brend

Fledgling Freddie
hehe im a elf m8 celt cant be ns :p ....

anyways i dont think u really need buffs to compete only against multiple enemys ;)...been a few times when buffed infs/scouts etc have been killed when i can land first hit other wise yeah im jus wastin me time :(

edit: so far i have run unbuffed all the time aswell ;P

edit#2 lol:...as some1 already posted yes you hit feckin hard btw pkj :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom