Running DAOC on a MAc

Ashash Saleem

Fledgling Freddie
A friend of mine has been playing DAoC until recently when his PC went bang, his wife wouldn't let him buy a new PC and insisted on a MAC, does anyone know a way of getting DAoC to either run on a MAC or a MAC version of DAoC?

Mojo

Fledgling Freddie
Ashash Saleem said:
A friend of mine has been playing DAoC until recently when his PC went bang, his wife wouldn't let him buy a new PC and insisted on a MAC, does anyone know a way of getting DAoC to either run on a MAC or a MAC version of DAoC?

A MAC lolololol hrhrhrhrhrhrhr, 1 mom

lololololololol

Tell your m8 to contoll his wife's computer purchasing

lolololol a mac

looks pretty on that Ikea desk that's all that matters.

sorry :<

tris-

Failed Geordie and Parmothief
why not replace the component rather than the whole pc?

oblimov

Luver of Buckfast
why not tell him to take a stick to his missus and keep her in check and then take the receipt for the mac to the store and explain to the salesman that his wife was an idiot and had a sudden loss of sanity

jesus macs are so piss poor it amazes me they keep making em tbh

like was said b4, if it wasnt for ikea generation and shitty 2 hr 3 day lasting ipods they wouldnt exist

Ancient Seagul

Fledgling Freddie
ROFL

I agree and I've got a Mac Powerbook. It's only good for surfing the net, playing music, and watching DVD's.

PC's > Macs

:cheers:

Hawkwind

FH is my second home
Macs > PC's pfft

IMO Macs were never technically better than PC's.

In the early days MAC applications for Desktop publishing/Graphics were better. However, the publishers finally woke up and realised they would make more money selling the products to the millions more PC Users.

Ashash, for gods sake tell your mate to hide his HiFi before thats replaced by some arty Bang & Olufcrap shite ;-)

Necraa

Fledgling Freddie
I get a kick out of the small minded pc users

First lets do this for the last time.

( PC ) great platform .. however mac has this beat in a may ways.

For stability MAC wins
For game play its about a Tie. ( however pc having much great video cards would win in some games ) I say this grinding my teeth because the native graphic engine for mac is far better but because the Direct X band wagon is rolling atm its not supported the way it should.

Also, Games like wow for mac show just how stupid companies are and give the mac the why its better ring.

( MAC )

Mac are still fighting for the game markets to get off there lazy arese and write the code for the mac.

Being a developer for one of these games for the mac i can only say 1 mac is worth 10 pc's .. I cannot state my job at B**&*&& but i can tell you companies of this nature are stupid and have no vision when they say PC only.

There looking for the fast buck not the Millions for a game that will be novel like my company.

But hey PC are good dont get me wrong but mac are better in many ways and software ( .net programmers stuck in the PC from School ) live inside the box.

Anyways .. I hope people stop talking out there ass before posting crap like this guy.

A MAC lolololol hrhrhrhrhrhrhr, 1 mom

lololololololol

Tell your m8 to contoll his wife's computer purchasing

lolololol a mac

looks pretty on that Ikea desk that's all that matters.

sorry :<

old.windforce

Part of the furniture
you can make mac HW dual boot and run both mac and windooz on the same hardware.

virtual pc VMware or whatever will make daoc a slide show

Hawkwind

FH is my second home
First lets do this for the last time.

( PC ) great platform .. however mac has this beat in a may ways.

For stability MAC wins
For game play its about a Tie. ( however pc having much great video cards would win in some games ) I say this grinding my teeth because the native graphic engine for mac is far better but because the Direct X band wagon is rolling atm its not supported the way it should.

Also, Games like wow for mac show just how stupid companies are and give the mac the why its better ring.

( MAC )

Mac are still fighting for the game markets to get off there lazy arese and write the code for the mac.

Being a developer for one of these games for the mac i can only say 1 mac is worth 10 pc's .. I cannot state my job at B**&*&& but i can tell you companies of this nature are stupid and have no vision when they say PC only.

There looking for the fast buck not the Millions for a game that will be novel like my company.

But hey PC are good dont get me wrong but mac are better in many ways and software ( .net programmers stuck in the PC from School ) live inside the box.

Anyways .. I hope people stop talking out there ass before posting crap like this guy.

Nice post but I simply dont get how you can think Mac Hardware is better than PC. Yes the OS software may have been more stable. Yes, everyone knows that MS keeping old compatibility was holding back the hardware.

Vista changed that for me, I've not had a single stability issue with Vista 64, not one blue screen and no driver problems. I'm happy with the graphics my twin 8800 GTS produce and they run games fine.

MAC's were only really popular in the design community, a bunch of polo neck wearing hippies who still think the Apple logo stands for quality and functional design. In reality you pay over the top for yesterdays technology and a half decent OS. If it was not for iPod they would have died of years ago. RIP PC Won!

ford prefect

Can't get enough of FH
I'm not getting into the whole mac /pc debate again, but you can run windows from within the latest version of mac OS these days and as long as you have 3 - 4 gig of ram, it runs at about 95% as fast as a native PC install on a similar specced machine in my experience. Should run DAoC well enough.

http://www.apple.com/macosx/features/bootcamp.html

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom