Running 2 instances of DaoC....

• Thread starter old.CorpseWhisperer
  • Start date
O

old.CorpseWhisperer

Hello all,

I have recently installed a 2nd account in a different directory on my pc. The problem is that when I start the 2nd account, I get the message: camelot.exe is already running.

This is on a WinME machine. Anyone knows the solution to this one?

Regards,

Amour DesAsticots

F

frogster

2 instances of DAoC or SI?

You can only run 2 instances of SI (without the use of third party programs) and will need at least 512 Mb RAM.

Regards,

N

-Nxs-

and if its SI, theres no need to install to two seperate folders just start the game up, log in, alt tab, load it up again.

Works fine for me.

O

old.CorpseWhisperer

I have 512 DDR ram, and yes, it is 2 instances of SI I try to run.

Any setting I need to adjust, like window mode or something?

C

Cap'n Sissyfoo

Both need to be run in windowed mode.

H

Hargh

i have 2 versions installed in seperate directories.

if you don't you ahve to do the mythic file check then start the other, ie leave both at login screeen, then log each in in turn.

I can alt tab out of a game im running and jsut start a new instance of game as it's in different directory.

Oh and i run W2K.

K

katzeyez

Ummm.

I have 2 installed in different direcotries...but sorta cheated and just copied 1 directory and renamed it.

I have to open both the file checker's or it tells me I already have a copy running blah, blah blah.

Would a clean reinstall to a new directory fix this you think?

F

frogster

You only need one installation of SI. You just run the executable twice.
Unless ofcourse you enjoy wasting hdd space :O

K

katzeyez

<grins>

I have much HHD space to waste. No, there is a reason.

The settings on the 2 accounts are a bit different...the one I don't really play is in ghetto mode. :)

Still, I cannot run anotehr copy of the game if I have gone any further than the log in screen whichever way I do it. SI on both accounts, 512Mb RAM, what's up with it then?

O

old.CorpseWhisperer

Ok, thanks to various advise I am now able to run 2 accounts.
The trick seems to lay in the update server: you need to start both accounts at about the same moment. When you arrive at the login screen, fill in passwords and start one - without immediately logging in the game with a character.

If you arrive at the select char screen, you can alt+tab to the other account and log that in too to the select char screen.

After that both accounts will run...

...though after some time the 2nd account starts to get really sloppy in graphics <ouch> Ordered another stick of 512 MB and hope that that will alleviate that problem.

O

old.Lianuchta

I find it easier to use two instances. less trouble that way, and if you use both CD keys you don't have to reboot after one drops either.

I can start and stop em whenever which is fairly handy if you're muling stuff here and there on x accounts.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom