What's the best way running 2 daocs? :>
Low resolution, windowed mode?

T

Takhasis

Here's wot i do.

- Windows XP
- 2 copies of SI in 2 seperate folders:
- run both in windowed mode 800x600
- bring up task manager, find the 2 game.dll running processes, right click them both and drop them both to below normal priority (reduces lag)

would recomment 1gb memory, 512mb will work but is stretching it a little bit...

B

burg-

Originally posted by Takhasis
Here's wot i do.

- Windows XP
- 2 copies of SI in 2 seperate folders:
- run both in windowed mode 800x600
- bring up task manager, find the 2 game.dll running processes, right click them both and drop them both to below normal priority (reduces lag)

would recomment 1gb memory, 512mb will work but is stretching it a little bit...

Oh cool :>
But why 2 installations? You're supposed to be able to run 2 windows with just 1 installation, althought I can't do that yet because I don't have 512mb ram on this computer yet (thats the error i get, "you need 512mb ram to run another instance" or something similar").

At least thats what I thought.
Or what ya say? :>

F

froler-mid

get 2 SI accounts, then just open 2 daocs ;dd

H

Hoodini

unless its realy big zerg wars i cant tell the diff on 1 and 2 daoc on my computer wich is:

2.4 p4
512ram <- notice
geforce 4 4200

works like a charm - tho i cant /stick with the daoc im not "having my focus on".

I

Iswind

I have the same system specs as above..

1. The things i notice is putting the bb on /stick or /follow sucks the bb will lagg behind and loose stick..

2. It lags a bit just after i start both games but i just tab between them 2 - 3 times and the lag goes away :)

So if your pling a bb in a dungeon find a nice spot and park him or find a way to make the bb acc stop lagging behind :/

Btw i use 640x480 on the bb acc no effecs close clip/lod range no sounds what so ever..

mostley becuse i refuse to use lower than 1024 on my main acc :)

Gl and have fun with your 2nd acc :)

F

froler-mid

and, if your a bit haxxor, u can set priorty on your game.dll too 'low' = dont lagg soo much :D

R

rg-zorena

Originally posted by Iswind

Btw i use 640x480 on the bb acc no effecs close clip/lod range no sounds what so ever..

how do you run daoc in 640x480?

I

Iswind

i checked my bb acc and it was set to 800x600 i thought it looked so ugly so i assumed it was 640 :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom