Running 2 accounts

H

halgaard

Hello im currently working on getting my 2nd computer running and as such i have ordered a 2nd copy of the game aswell.

im afraid it'll take some time before the 2nd computer will run properly, so my question is: Can I run 2x daoc on this computer til i can get the 2nd computer running?

AMD 2800 xp+
512 ddr ram (pc 2100)
Geforce 4 TI 4200
120gb hd

edit: i know 512 ddr ram is abit low especially when talking about running 2 account, but i dont mind alittle lag, as it is only temporary til the computer runs

H

halgaard

oh.. might aswell ask here aswell :)

the problem with the 2nd com is, there's nothing on the screen when i start the computer. everything seems to run, but i get nothing at all on the screen.

2nd computer is an AMD 2100 xp+
128 sd ram <--- think these are defect waiting for a 512 ddr pc 2100 to arrive
Geforce 4 mmx
2x 40gb hd

i tried plugging this screen to the 2nd computer, same thing.. nothing..
I have a feeling it might be because of the defect ram in it, but would that cause it to show nothing on the screen?

O

old.twigbob

sounds like the problem i had on my computer
i tried replacing everything
psu, monitor, ram, gfx card, power cables, hdd
i concluded in the end something was wrong with the mobo/cpu
so i took that as a sign to upgrade :eek:

S

ssera

when you turn on your computer, how many beeps do you hear?

Also you can try running memtest, a great little program that performs more indepth scans of your memory than the standard bios check. Here's a link: http://www.memtest86.com/

A

Aldrian

I'd say its the sdr memory. Dunno but afaik Xp's need ddr, and when one of my memory blocks were broken I had same problem, when comp turned on nothing would come to the screen and when I pulled the broken stick out everything worked

H

halgaard

problem found.

Defect AGP slot in motherboard :(

Users who are viewing this thread