Running 2 accounts.

Ballade

Banned
Hello im currently working on getting my 2nd computer running and as such i have ordered a 2nd copy of the game aswell.

im afraid it'll take some time before the 2nd computer will run properly, so my question is: Can I run 2x daoc on this computer til i can get the 2nd computer running?

AMD 2800 xp+
512 ddr ram (pc 2100)
Geforce 4 TI 4200
120gb hd

I know 512 ddr ram is abit low especially when talking about running 2 account, but i dont mind alittle lag, as it is only temporary til the computer runs

oh.. might aswell ask here aswell

the problem with the 2nd com is, there's nothing on the screen when i start the computer. everything seems to run, but i get nothing at all on the screen.

2nd computer is an AMD 2100 xp+
128 sd ram <--- think these are defect waiting for a 512 ddr pc 2100 to arrive
Geforce 4 mmx
2x 40gb hd

i tried plugging this screen to the 2nd computer, same thing.. nothing..
I have a feeling it might be because of the defect ram in it, but would that cause it to show nothing on the screen?

Kami

Can't get enough of FH
You should be able to run two accounts on the first PC without any problems although it might be a little slow at alt-tabbing between because you've only got 512Mb ram (works a bit better with 1Gb).

2nd PC problem - Chances are it is the RAM, does the PC "bleep" at all when you turn it on? You may want to try reseating the CPU and cables, check that the graphics card is in properly (reseat it) and if it's a built in graphics card on the motherboard make sure it's enabled in the BIOS (need to use the graphics card from your other PC to do this). About the "beeps" - it can sometimes let you know what's up with the PC. the number of beeps and length of them are sometimes listed in the motherboard manual along with what each code means. Another thing to try is unplugging all drives from the motherboard or trying your existing RAM in another slot if available.

So many things could be causing it I'm afraid :( it's trial and error time..

Ballade

Banned
think i found the error with the 2nd com :(
tried to replace the ram with the 512 ddr from this machine, and still no "bleep" .
plugged out the grafic card and used the one from this computer + the screen from this computer.. and still nothing... unplugged harddisks, cd-drive and floppy and still nothing..

got my hands on an old pci grafic card to test if it could be the agp port, and when i plugged it in, the standby button on my screen start's blinking between yellow( standby) and green.

from this i can only conklude(sp?) that i has to be a defect agp port in the motherboard :(

Susanna

Fledgling Freddie
To run two accounts on the same computer you should go into the Task Manager and rightclick on both processes(game.dll), then set both their priorities to Low.

I've found this helps me a lot - much less lag, much snappier reaction times on alt-tabbing and so on.

Ziva

Fluffy
I run two accounts on that config (without putting processes low) and it works fine. Only thing i did was install older drivers instead of the new ones cause they gave me problems :)

Khefru

One of Freddy's beloved
On the same topic

I thought I would add my own question to this thread rather than start my own.

A couple of months ago I was running 2 accounts on 1 comp using a Gforce 4 ti 4200 128mb card with no probs. Then that card died, so I used a friends old Gforce 2 32mb card on 2 accounts and it still worked fine (although it couldn't do the newer water schemes. I was sticking my bb to me whilst running around all over the place and fighting with no problems at all, even in reasonably busy areas.

Yesterday, I bit the bullet and bought a new Radeon 9800 pro 128mb on recomendations of lots of players. Installed it and got both accounts up and now the bot will not stick to me for more than a few steps b4 dropping off. How can this be that a new powerfull gfx card cannot do what a 3 or 4 year old one can? I've changed nothing on the pc apart from the card, tried the drivers on the cd and the latest ones all with no luck. My bb is a lag liability now. My machine is an Athlon 2.6 with 1Gb ram.

ANy ideas are welcome. I've read here today that the ATi driver are a bit susupect :puke: I really hope it's not down to them. I'd prefer not to do all the priority stuff each time I load the game as I never had to do it b4 with a really old card.....

plomien

Fledgling Freddie
i run with a 9800 radeon card and i get some lag but the card is only 128 and i have 512 of ram on the pc when i run 2 accounts.
try setting the priority as low in task manager as this helpped me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom