Running 2 accounts in 1.60

S

specialdave

I posted this in tech help, but since few people seem to read in there, thought I would try my luck here.

If you have any info, please help ..............

If i try to run accounts on 1 pc under 1.60 my pc instantly reboots! When I previously ran 2 accounts (naughty naughty use of doax - i know i know ) this happened, but very rarely - admitedly that was 1 SI and 1 classic session and now it is 2 SI.

Can anyone help me. System is:

P4 2.4
Win 2000pro
785 ram DDR
nvidia GForce 4 Ti 4200 128meg
Gigabyte P4 Titan GA-8SG800
Soundblaster Live!1024
DirectX8.1 (did use 9 but had same problem)

Sorry, but I am only semi-comp literate having grown up on BBC's and Spectrums (ah the memories), but on checking it seems both soundcard and video card are using IRQ 16 - is this wrong (and how would I fix it?)

Any help much appreciated and let me know if you need any additonal details

Thanks in advance

V

vargen

aye :/

Ive got the same problem..
Used dacx before, rarely crached.

I hope they release a new daocx soon for daoc 1.60

O

old.Pepsay

Re: aye :/

Originally posted by vargen
Ive got the same problem..
Used dacx before, rarely crached.

I hope they release a new daocx soon for daoc 1.60

erm... why? ya can play windowed with 1.60 =/ (if ya have SI, which i guess ya do :p)

S

specialdave

yes I have SI and am trying to run two accounts without DaoX (which does not work under 1.60) but when I load the second account the computer resets.

P

panzer

Ive found the latest nvidia detonator drivers (43.45 i think ) cause crashes trying to run 2 SI accounts at once.

Ive rolled back to 40.72 or 41.09 and have run 2 x SI accounts no probs since.

S

Stormm

winxp reboots itself by default instead of displaying the blue screen of death.

to set it back to normal - right click my computer, goto 'advanced' tab -> click startup and recovery->settings, uncheck the automatically restart box.

wont help the crashes, but i used to h8 it just rebooting itself and like the familiar blue screen o death.

ps i have nvidia gfx card and used to be able to run 2 instances of Daoc SI, but since 1.60 also crashes.

S

specialdave

Woohoo

Thanks Panzer, I tried a roll back and it seems to be working now!

Back to pl'ing the new toon !

V

vargen

ok..

Now ive rolled back to the old drivers too..
tried to start a second daoc and i get a sign saying: You must have at least 512MB of memory to run two dark age of camelot.

is that true? what do you guys have? ive got 384 ddr ram.

S

Sharma

is 382 possible?

i have 384MB, going to get another 256MB stick because my motherboard only has 2 slots, crap arse thing, oh well it will stop me from bugging my bro to let me use my mana bot on his comp ;)

N

Nacabuta

I`d just like to add. Did just the same as Panzer.
Rolled back to 41.09 and it works like a clock. No bsod as the latest drivers gave me.

T

Tiwaz

Originally posted by vargen
Now ive rolled back to the old drivers too..
tried to start a second daoc and i get a sign saying: You must have at least 512MB of memory to run two dark age of camelot.

is that true? what do you guys have? ive got 384 ddr ram.
Yes, you need at least 512mb to run two clients. The client checks for it (as you have noticed;)). I have 768mb, and it is laggy as h...:(

S

Stormm

I also rolled back to 40.09 and not only can i easily run 2 accounts but the whole game is a million times less laggy.

hardly even lag stood on pad in cs which has always been pretty bad for me and i got 1gig of ram -> seems that only the Nvidia WHQL certified drivers are any good with Daoc.

get em here ->
http://www.nvidia.com/view.asp?IO=win9x_archive

T

Tiwaz

Originally posted by Stormm
I also rolled back to 40.09 and not only can i easily run 2 accounts but the whole game is a million times less laggy.
I suppose you mean 41.09;)

N

noaim

Is there a solution how to run 2 accounts on the same computer WITHOUT SI? i.e : the classic version.

daocwin doesnt seem to work with 2 accounts at the same time.

Any help deeply appreciated.

S

specialdave

There does appear to be a way to run two instances of classic Daoc from what I have been able to find. On the forum page on www.exploiter.org there is a like to download a new game.dll file - which apparently allows you to acheive this.

I would say that I have not tried to run this file and have no idea if it safe or not - the choice is yours!

T

tripitaka

Remember , trying to run 2 classics on one PC IS against COC and EULA etc. tho.

T

Tiwaz

ooh why u picky bugger ;)
Don't know why, but I get that alot:)

By the way, I installed 41.09 and all my problems went away:D
Well, maybe not all my problems, but at least I'm able to run two accounts now;)

S

'Shy

hardly even lag stood on pad in cs which has always been pretty bad for me and i got 1gig of ram -> seems that only the Nvidia WHQL certified drivers are any good with Daoc.

get em here ->
http://www.nvidia.com/view.asp?IO=win9x_archive

This link takes me to Windows 95/98/Me drivers. I'm running XP - is there another fix for XP somewhere?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom