runners-up league

Tom

I am a FH squatter
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/m/man_utd/4373075.stm

For fucks sake, KNOCKOUT ALL THE WAY, AND ONLY CHAMPIONS TO BE ALLOWED TO ENTER!

If they're that worried about money, surely they should accept that premiership sides spending millions on players on a desperate gamble to get in the Champions League is a recipe for disaster?

Lets go back to the old way - don't win the premiership, don't get to play in the CL. Get beat in any stage of the CL, get knocked out and go home.

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
Actually they just want the co-effiecient used to influence the draw. Arsenal were last years league champions, and Wenger is one of those supporting the idea. From the clubs mentioned it looks like it's a g-14 thing, but it's not necesirally a bad idea, it's about money and entertainment.

Marc

FH is my second home
Wenger says "You can't afford to have Real Madrid and Manchester United - big clubs who invest so much money - going out in the last 16.

Why not? If they use crap tactics and sign second rate players its their own fault.

Gray

FH is my second home
Shit idea i see ;s, always nice to see the underdogs in it. Unless the team is Liverpool then its just shit.

;)

Darthshearer

Can't get enough of FH
Marc said:
Wenger says "You can't afford to have Real Madrid and Manchester United - big clubs who invest so much money - going out in the last 16.

Why not? If they use crap tactics and sign second rate players its their own fault.

Here! Here!

Its like saying Bolton and Everton dont deserve the UEFA Cup spots and Newcastle and Liverpool who spend should be gaurenteed!

Mobius

Can't get enough of FH
It sounds kind of lame to me. Even though I support Arsenal, its only our own fault we didn't go through. Just the same as Real and Utd losing. What about teams that work there way from the 1st round of qualifying, they shouldn't have to face a fresh team at a later stage, just because they're richer.

Tenko

Fledgling Freddie
I'm a Man Utd fan and I totally agree that its a crap idea.

Just make the fricking draw and let the football decide who goes through :mad:

Turamber

Part of the furniture
>>Gill is concerned that the competition will lose some of its pulling power if the 'glamour' clubs go out early.<<

I hope the big boys will wake up soon and realise that their dominance of the domestic and European leagues is killing football, slowly but surely. The same three teams competing for the top honours in all competitions, the same players on TV all the time, the same whines and rants from the same managers. Football has become extremely lame and very dull.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom