Runemasters

Ronso

Can't get enough of FH
Hey fellas - was wondering if any of you can offer me some advice on this class ?

My main server is Hib excal but Ive built up a serious amount of playtime on camlann over the last few months and I recently rolled a runemaster specced in carving -

Thought id ask here as you guys would know best but any tips or anything I should know or spec in point / ra ways ?

any advice is welcomed and appreciated - thanks

Archeon

Fledgling Freddie
Just a few off the top of my head...

MoC - for obvious reasons
MCL - for obvious reasons again :)
Raging Power - never tried this myself, but if you can afford it why not?
Mastery of Magery - 3%(?) increase to damage per lvl
Aug Dex - 'cause Dex is FoTM atm, that and extra cast speed never hurt anyway... well except for the other guy, but thats kind of the point.
Aug Acu - Prequiste for a few other good things
Wild Power - increase your chance to crit
Mastery of the Art - increase to cast speed again

I have Wild Arcana on my RM, i've critted debuffs before. But its not really worth it unless your a Supp RM really.

There are probably more, like I said this is just off the top of my head.

As for tips, I enjoy playing Supp spec mainly because my play-style in general is more about providing support rather than generating killspam. However, if you want flat-out damage i'd recommend using a darkcarver spec (stopping at 48?RC for the final Cold Resist Debuff, and putting the rest of your points into Darkness.) - or grouping with a Dark spec SM and debuffing each others dmg type (as an RC runie)

You can't really go wrong as long as you don't make the mistake of trying to tri-spec, all 3 of the RM's lines are pretty solid.

mightybunny

Fledgling Freddie
go LW 1 mcl I then get aug acuity III moa II after that get dex I

then get MOM III WP III after that you choose serenity II is alway's nice to

Lumikki

Fledgling Freddie
I'd go with Darkcarver spec - debuff/nuke + gtae + bolts + ae :)

Great spec and should be even better when NF comes since range + keep warfare = NF.

Indrid

Fledgling Freddie
i would go darkness spec 50 and 19 sup. U have the best DD, u have a nice AE and u have nearsight and group fend etc.

I have tried all of the runemaster specs, and i like 50 dark most when it comes to solo and grouping.

RC/dark U have nice bolts yes, but they tend to miss alot. U have a very nice debuff, but ur nukes will still be shit! if u go duo with Dark RM u do a GREAT duo team trust me =) the dark RM will drop everything in 2-3 nukes.

RC/Sup U have nice bolts, and nice debuff. U have crap nukes, but a better nearsight and a pulising bladeturn (10sec) which never will use, becoz it sucks drains power and such like that.

Sup: nice NS, which pwns casters, crappy nukes, but u have snare and root, also a oki solo spec imo. Tho u dont drop targets that fast. When u have 6sec pbt its oki to use yes :) but still sux imo.

Dark runemaster, which i would recommend. (19 sup ofc) u have 1 ok bolt for range and such for the last 10%. U have a really nice DD (like the best ingame imo). U have a pretty nice AE aswell. So dark runemaster would be my choise.. and u can duo with pretty much all classes.. even SBs :p ive tried it and we rocked :p also if u duo with a RC runemaster which there will be alot of in NF, u will pwn pretty much everything with his debuffs and bolts and ur nukes.

As for RA's i would start with MCL2 and then gone for MoA2(cast speed, aug acuity3)

Then i would go for WP2 and MoM2 and Aug dex 2. Then i would go for MoC probobly. and Then RP or Purge. If u play solo, purge isnt THAT usefull imo, cause if u get mezzed u get a meleer on u, and meleers arent usually solo, which means u drop fast anyway. ie a mincer stuns u, and then zephyr and yes, ur fucked. If u play in a group with good healers u will never stay mezzed for a long time, so u will get cured mezz. only thing that hurts u is the stun ofc, but u can live with that (what i did) and get purge later. im soon rr 8 and will get purge then.

This is how i took my RA's if i remember correctly, or atleast what i respecced to :p

feel free to ask if there is anything..

Arnor

Fledgling Freddie
yep, i made my "own" rc specc at lvl 40 and been that ever since, gonna respecc dark now that all the fotms are jumping to rc to debuff for me ;x

Asty

Fledgling Freddie
Imo dark only better than darkcarver if you have a serious toa set with atleast 10% passive resist piercing. I think when NF comes darkcarver is gonna be the choice because bolts and gtae/better ae are gonna be very nice.

jakob

Fledgling Freddie
on camlann darkness will probably be best even without pierce. darkcarver just takes way to much power to be viable. I am darkcarver atm, and without a second nuker in grp to nuke my debuffed targets, I really can't dish out enough dmg before going oop. So I would go with the 50 dark 19 supp spec too.

Indrid

Fledgling Freddie
Asty said:
Imo dark only better than darkcarver if you have a serious toa set with atleast 10% passive resist piercing. I think when NF comes darkcarver is gonna be the choice because bolts and gtae/better ae are gonna be very nice.

jako pfff, ur only darcarver cuz u want groups with groove :p

u know u need a dark runie to do the main damage for u =) and u know that your bolts miss alot! GTAE will be nurfed when they see 15 runies spamming it and kill a zerg. so dark carver is all the way to go ;D /hug

u know we lubs eachother!

Indrid

Fledgling Freddie
Indrid said:

u know u need a dark runie to do the main damage for u =) and u know that your bolts miss alot! GTAE will be nurfed when they see 15 runies spamming it and kill a zerg. so dark carver is all the way to go ;D /hug

erhm.. i read wonrg etc!! :p soz about that :D hihi so not jako.. but astona. anyway, like jako said :)

jakob

Fledgling Freddie
Indrid said:

Bolts only miss alot if you use them against the wrong targets :D well, kinda atleast.

Ronso

Can't get enough of FH
Archeon said:
Just a few off the top of my head...

MoC - for obvious reasons
MCL - for obvious reasons again :)
Raging Power - never tried this myself, but if you can afford it why not?
Mastery of Magery - 3%(?) increase to damage per lvl
Aug Dex - 'cause Dex is FoTM atm, that and extra cast speed never hurt anyway... well except for the other guy, but thats kind of the point.
Aug Acu - Prequiste for a few other good things
Wild Power - increase your chance to crit
Mastery of the Art - increase to cast speed again

I have Wild Arcana on my RM, i've critted debuffs before. But its not really worth it unless your a Supp RM really.

There are probably more, like I said this is just off the top of my head.

As for tips, I enjoy playing Supp spec mainly because my play-style in general is more about providing support rather than generating killspam. However, if you want flat-out damage i'd recommend using a darkcarver spec (stopping at 48?RC for the final Cold Resist Debuff, and putting the rest of your points into Darkness.) - or grouping with a Dark spec SM and debuffing each others dmg type (as an RC runie)

You can't really go wrong as long as you don't make the mistake of trying to tri-spec, all 3 of the RM's lines are pretty solid.

Thanks for the time you put into that - apprecaited :)

Ronso

Can't get enough of FH
Indrid said:
i would go darkness spec 50 and 19 sup. U have the best DD, u have a nice AE and u have nearsight and group fend etc.

I have tried all of the runemaster specs, and i like 50 dark most when it comes to solo and grouping.

RC/dark U have nice bolts yes, but they tend to miss alot. U have a very nice debuff, but ur nukes will still be shit! if u go duo with Dark RM u do a GREAT duo team trust me =) the dark RM will drop everything in 2-3 nukes.

RC/Sup U have nice bolts, and nice debuff. U have crap nukes, but a better nearsight and a pulising bladeturn (10sec) which never will use, becoz it sucks drains power and such like that.

Sup: nice NS, which pwns casters, crappy nukes, but u have snare and root, also a oki solo spec imo. Tho u dont drop targets that fast. When u have 6sec pbt its oki to use yes :) but still sux imo.

Dark runemaster, which i would recommend. (19 sup ofc) u have 1 ok bolt for range and such for the last 10%. U have a really nice DD (like the best ingame imo). U have a pretty nice AE aswell. So dark runemaster would be my choise.. and u can duo with pretty much all classes.. even SBs :p ive tried it and we rocked :p also if u duo with a RC runemaster which there will be alot of in NF, u will pwn pretty much everything with his debuffs and bolts and ur nukes.

As for RA's i would start with MCL2 and then gone for MoA2(cast speed, aug acuity3)

Then i would go for WP2 and MoM2 and Aug dex 2. Then i would go for MoC probobly. and Then RP or Purge. If u play solo, purge isnt THAT usefull imo, cause if u get mezzed u get a meleer on u, and meleers arent usually solo, which means u drop fast anyway. ie a mincer stuns u, and then zephyr and yes, ur fucked. If u play in a group with good healers u will never stay mezzed for a long time, so u will get cured mezz. only thing that hurts u is the stun ofc, but u can live with that (what i did) and get purge later. im soon rr 8 and will get purge then.

This is how i took my RA's if i remember correctly, or atleast what i respecced to :p

feel free to ask if there is anything..

Thanks m8 - Im specced in runecarving and my bolts ( the 2 main and then the shity explosion thing ) are v.good ...

does dark bolts hit for more or less as im a tower camper kinda guy ;p

if bolts hit for more and still have range with dark then i respec - what do u think ?

Spix

Fledgling Freddie
Ronso said:
Thanks m8 - Im specced in runecarving and my bolts ( the 2 main and then the shity explosion thing ) are v.good ...

does dark bolts hit for more or less as im a tower camper kinda guy ;p

if bolts hit for more and still have range with dark then i respec - what do u think ?

There are no dark bolts...
Both bolts are in runecarving, one base and one specc, baseline rc bolt is pretty crappy if you do not spec rc.

decent spec is 48 runecarving / 24 dark / supp 6...

Gives 50% cold debuff for your baseline dark nukes (lvl50 nuke) pure evil and better to use then baseline rc nuke, very good in assist with dark runies/sms.
+ it gives you 2 bolts, gtaoe and spec rc spears of doom :)

thats how I will respec my rm when I get the option.

Klonk

One of Freddy's beloved
Being one of the fotm RM rc rollers Arnor mentioned, I will spec my toon 48 rc, 22 dark, 11 supp, for the 1st Nearsight + best cold debuff + base dark nukes (hope variance will be lessened by +11 on SC set :p)

Indrid

Fledgling Freddie
well, thing is that bolts do pretty nice damage SOME times.. on casters u CAN nuke them for 1.5k with a bolt with crit, but bolt damage is affected by AF shields aswell, bolts can be blocked etc etc..

The base dark nuke sux donkey balls imo. EVEN if u debuff with 50% cold. ofc 11skill gives better nukes in variance etc, but compared to a dark rm u wont count. and the debuff doesnt last very long.

Base dark nuke IS 2.6 sec casting speed tho, which is 0.2 faster than spec dark nuke. but drains alittle more power and since u have little dark spec u will mostly find out that u rarely give cap damage on the nukes. Im not saying ur doing that with dark spec, but dark spec gives decent damage even if not debuffed, + u have a 10% debuff urself on the lvl 48 nuke.
and u might not hit cap as dark all the time either, but closer since u have a high spec in it and ur damage will still be good even if u dont land cap :)

rivan

Fledgling Freddie
I'm torn as what spec to be. I've been Supp/RC, Dark/Supp, RC/Dark (current).

I think RC is going to be pretty rewarding for keep warfare. You have the bolts to snipe with (though bolts vs zerg not great imo). There's a lot more casters in mid now than there were, so assist bolting could be nifty.

I'd love to see a varried group of casters assisting each other, like a Dark SM deboofing Energy for RMs bolts, that would be true havoc.

RC:

The AoE is nice, and gets resisted less than it's Dark-line counterpart. Stacked spears are naaassttyyy. I didn't realise how nasty untill I ran in a RM group with Ardamel PwnGreenHat.

The GTAOE is pretty much a Keep tool, and a few RMs using that together can be pretty effective. With the fixing of PBAOEs and doors, there's really not very much other Mystics can do to hamper enemies attacking doors.

The debuffs are nice, I'm just not sure how good single target debuffing is going to be in NF, but admittedly I will have some misconceptions about what it's going to be like. Currently the 50% cold debuff can make nukes hit hard, and make Dark RM nukes even harder. If the debuff crits, it's pretty awesome.

Supp:

The Nearsight is love. Simple as. As well as being nice to reduce the range of casters, healers, etc, it's a fantasmic long range, quickly casted interruption tool. I've kept a fg interrupted at a keep with the lowest level one, so the high spec one is gonna be even nicer to hamper those casters.

The Confuzzle is useful for pets, especially theurg pets. I wouldn't spec just for this though.

The PBT is also love. The 6 Sec PBT is great, especially with the rapid population increase of those arrow slinging stealthers. It's always useful, and with a Level 10 Croc ring you can be a huge asset to those around you.

The Snare is so so. Ok it's always handy to slow someone, but the damage is unremarkable and resists are higher.

The AoE is nice. Nothing on it's own, but snaring a mass of people can only ever be useful.

Dark:

The DD is very nice. Period. It hits like a truck with the 50 RC debuff. Like a TRUCK! If that debuff has critted... a very, very big TRUCK!

The AoE I don't like, personally.

The Damage Add is ubber. Love it.

I'm torn :(

Arnor

Fledgling Freddie
the powerconsumption is pretty crazy comparing dark to rc using baseline. baseline rc'er will use 38power pr nuke, while dark will be in the area of 25 or 23 (dont remember)

mightybunny

Fledgling Freddie
Arnor said:
the powerconsumption is pretty crazy comparing dark to rc using baseline. baseline rc'er will use 38power pr nuke, while dark will be in the area of 25 or 23 (dont remember)

power consumption on rc is much less than darkness

but if you use the baseline darkness spell that uses alot of power

Dorin

Fledgling Freddie
resist pierce 10% + 10% dark debuff stacks ? ye ye iam clueless :p
keep in mind without debuff int his patch u can nuke for uber dmg thanks to resist pierce is not caped at 10%, but in nf it will be and hf nuking against 40%+ resists without 20%+ rp.

oh yea forgot, a good carver in grp is very nice... boneydancurs/spiritmasters/notcarver rms can nuke for much better dmg

sometimes runing with 3 casters, 1 bd 1 dark sm 1 rc rm and with proper debuffing/assisting its impossible to keep anyone alive :) if we are free to cast devestating magix!

(doing 604+200ish crits a nice feeling, like being a hib : )

Indrid

Fledgling Freddie
Dorin said:
resist pierce 10% + 10% dark debuff stacks ? ye ye iam clueless :p
keep in mind without debuff int his patch u can nuke for uber dmg thanks to resist pierce is not caped at 10%, but in nf it will be and hf nuking against 40%+ resists without 20%+ rp.

oh yea forgot, a good carver in grp is very nice... boneydancurs/spiritmasters/notcarver rms can nuke for much better dmg

sometimes runing with 3 casters, 1 bd 1 dark sm 1 rc rm and with proper debuffing/assisting its impossible to keep anyone alive :) if we are free to cast devestating magix!

(doing 604+200ish crits a nice feeling, like being a hib : )

well, im running with 10pierce and 10% debuff, and yes it stacks ofc.. debuff and pierce is 2 different things. i nuke for 500ish with no debuff.. well 40% resist i nuke for 450+.

when someone debuffs for me, RC runemaster i nuke for 760 damage+crit
so i can pass the 1k lots of times. id rather go RC RM and Dark RM than with a SM etc.. so with 10pierce (same as NF) and debuff, u kinda rock em anyway :)

Dorin

Fledgling Freddie
yeh, prolly dark rm + rc rm is the best, though i kinda like intercepting pet + red ae/dq debuff :)

tho givf class respec ><

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom