Runemaster "nuub" questions.

O

old.Tohtori

Well not so much nuub as making sure.

Just two, using darkness and suppression btw.

1: Do i raise Sup and Dark on the side to get little damage but BT at 10 to benefit group asap or do i raise dark and get the BT later on as the Sup comes up on the side? Basicly, can i still solo with a RM if i go more towards Sup?

2: Do i need to raise darkness par to my level to so called, "kick ass" or do the spell-damage come from a different source and not like the warriors axe skill? FE: If warrior has his axe skill par to level the damage is 100%-125% if two levels behind it's 25%-125%. Do the spells work the same or do they get their damage from DEX, PIE etc?

M

~Mobius~

i would raise supp first cause that gets you the grps,

also i dont play rm but i dont think raising dark makes spells better, but as i said im not sure :)

S

SilverHood

Easiest way for Runies is to get the PBT at lvl 26-30 (you can do a bit of Darkness if you want, but after level 30, you'll want it asap)
If you have PBT, world + dog will want you in your group

Went I was doing spindelhalla, there was a lack of lvl 35+ PBT runies, so we had to make do without them, we even grabbed a lvl 32 once because we were desperate

A guilde of mine is lvl 42... he cant get PBT before level 44, and he's kicking himself for not getting it earlier.... so he can do a hell of a lot of damage, but groups aren't exactly shot of damage do'ers.... So get in there with the group friendly bit first, and damage latter... though you may not be "uber" in the BG's, most people can live with this

O

old.Tohtori

Thanks once again to the quick ones

But the question number two(yeah, har har, poopoo jokes) is the big issue. I really wanna know what makes things go boom and what makes just a fancy sizzle and no pop :p

S

SilverHood

Rune carving is bolts and AoE, Darkness is nukes, and supression is bubble and debuffs I think

http://daoc.catacombs.com

Check their character builder for what does what

O

old.Tohtori

No no, i know waht does what but what modifies the damage in the damage spells? Read up :p

Oh and, when i reach 27 i get PBT so watch out :D

F

Flimgoblin

Originally posted by old.Tohtori

2: Do i need to raise darkness par to my level to so called, "kick ass" or do the spell-damage come from a different source and not like the warriors axe skill? FE: If warrior has his axe skill par to level the damage is 100%-125% if two levels behind it's 25%-125%. Do the spells work the same or do they get their damage from DEX, PIE etc?

Close..

works the same as warriors except you have it wrong...

If you have spec 1 then your damage is 25%-125%
if you have spec = level then your damage is 100-125%

or something like that (might be 25%-100% and 100-150% at the end.. can't remember, but it goes from crap at 1 up to good at full spec fairly linearly...)

S

SilverHood

and having higher piety increases your chance of hitting your damage cap afaik

O

old.Tohtori

And higer dex help hit mobs with bolts..as i remember it..okkie, things clear now, though up to level 27 it's fairly straightforward for me :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom