Runemaster help

Cadelin

Resident Freddy
My runemaster will hopefully soon reach the ripe old level of 40. He is currently specced in runecarving. I have mostly leveled solo so far. From past experience I know I will need to find efficient groups to reach level 50. I thus feel a respec is in order.

Plan A
26 supp
30 darkness
aiming for 26 supp and 47 darkness at the end.

Plan B
Full supp
then hopefully getting on a dragon raid sometime and getting a respec stone if I find it boring.

Plan C
Stay as I am as I won't get groups whatever spec as nobody likes me :(

Plan A is my personal favourite currently but mostly due to ignorance of the other possibilities. From reading a few guides about runemasters I see nobody has suggested a 44 supp. 30 darkness setup. Would this be anygood in rvr?

Ormorof

FH is my second home
44 supp 30 darkness would ONLY be good if you had an almost guaranteed debuff nuking assist group as the 30+11 (+RR) will mean pretty low power cost on baseline nukes, however at lvl 40 going for 30 dark, 26 supp again is only going to work if you have a "dedicated" xp group to get you to 50 due to lower lvl DD's (unless you want to use baselines :p )

Full suppresion is still not a bad spec, you get the 8s pbt at 34 supp which will make grouping better (especially DF tank groups) and your spec DD's will still be better than baselines

however those two ways work best when dealing with pre-set groups
if you are going to end up soloing alot runecarving becomes very useful due to the bolt damage, especially when there are few groups around due to people prefering alternative methods of xp (ie buffbots, modernagrav etc)

Cadelin

Resident Freddy
so full supp and I will be useful in a few groups and runecarving if I want to level forever :(
Why do I feel I will be asking lvl 50 warrior with buff bots if I can leech of them again. At least with my warrior I was able to help as I could guard a bit.

Azurat

Fledgling Freddie
50 sup 20 rc/dark is prolly the best specc for lvling at least. It´s perfectly viable in rvr also, nice to have in pbaoe groups and awesome for solo.Y ou can prolly join some dragon raid later if needed. There´s bound to be some at least.

DaggerElivager

Fledgling Freddie
Mystik was full supp for last few months of his life. ITs quite a fun spec and useful in rvr. You can give them pbt and its nice nuke for protecting seers cos it snares enemies. Also its not that bad in pve so i'd suggest the 50 supp :clap:

Asty

Fledgling Freddie
For TOA: full supp
For rvr: 48 rc, 24 dark

imo

Ormorof

FH is my second home
Asty said:
For TOA: full supp
For rvr: 48 rc, 24 dark

imo

imo for your "rvr" spec 48 RC, 22 dark and 11 supp is better since you can provide normal bt, nearsight to irritate other casters/healers, and you get the first confusion which helps against theurg pets :p

Cadelin

Resident Freddy
Thanks all.
Its pretty clear that everybody agrees full supp is going to make my life easiest getting to 50. I still like the looks of the 47 darkness 26 supp as my final spec as I have seen one of these guys in action in DF not only would he rip apart diamond mobs but he also managed to kill a few albs that had jumped us before I could even get close enough to hit them with my warrior. I realise that this was probably a stupid alb having very bad resists but its not like stupid albs are uncommon. :D

Tuppe

Fledgling Freddie
every rm line is fine in some situation, just keep in mind dont spread points too wide.
if you want be active in rvr, rc line is in some situation THE line, like someone allready say, 48 rc and rest darkness give you debuff nuker option aka mids gimp version of old mana chanter.

rc line offer gtaeo in keep situations, best aedd, bolts (mainly against other casters) spec line dd whit slowest castingtime in 3 realms :)

darkness is nuker line, fast dd:s whit less utility, "old school rvr line"

supp line offer 6sec pbt, snare dd, snare aedd, nearsight.

hmm dunno what way you wanna play but every line offer something just keep atleast 1 line lvl47, debuff nuker? rc line 48 rest darkness.

runemaster these days is class what prolly not get any nerf, onlu love what come in several years is same what come in all 3 realms, same whit nerfs.
stabile class to play, mids 2nd speed class what handy in some situations, cannot go wrong :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom