[Run trough]

Fixs run trough or not?

• Yes, fix the run trough caster, and get out of sight ("bug"?)!

Votes: 157 49.7%
  • No, don't fix it, it's part of the game.

Votes: 88 27.8%
  • Focus on other big bugs first, the run trough can come later.

Votes: 71 22.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

AngelHeal

Part of the furniture
Lately all mellee people are crying because they dunno how to /face and casters run in circles...
But lets no forget, the run trough bug is also here ><...

fix run trough bug ? or must casters stop QQ'ing?

fettoken

I am a FH squatter
If you dont know how to face someone you´ll have to suit yourself for being really stupid. But for the ppl runthrough, its a pathetic way to try and beat someone that they normally cant.

Gahn

Resident Freddy
Abusing strafe is a retarded thing, needs fixing :eek:

Nausilus^^

Can't get enough of FH
Rightnow'ed strafe abuse once, and the reply was that it wasn't possible to fix it. Same with run-through, it's just a part of the game.. stop whining and deal with it.

Jobbegea

Loyal Freddie
AngelHeal said:
Lately all mellee people are crying because they dunno how to /face and casters run in circles...

fyi, /face aint working aswell. try to play a tank and /facing a good strafing caster, you see you hardly hit it. try to aim manual.

could do to make every attack/spell some 10 pbaoeradius.
tanks will hit the casters.
and casters are able to cast spells on the runtrough tanks

Belomar

Part of the furniture
There already is a poll on this issue in the Excalibur RvR forum, get some own material, mmk?

Oh, and this is a trough:
Trough.jpg

;)

edp33

Fledgling Freddie
They should fix run-through and slow down the casting speed on lifetaps at the same time.

Gear

Can't get enough of FH
To "fix" run through you have to introduce colission control. You don't really want that to happen lag-wise.

lairiodd

One of Freddy's beloved
Or you could just handle /face server side. Have a rule if you are /facing someone and they are within melee range, then remove the direction check.

Awarkle

Fledgling Freddie
the way to deal with run through is walk backwards while spamming face

Job

The Carl Pilkington of Freddyshouse
Nope the ONLY way is as mentioned , no need for direction at less that 10 units, run through is abused to buggery and I don't even see how it can be called abuse, you'd be an idiot not to use it.

Gamah

Banned
Awarkle said:
the way to deal with run through is walk backwards while spamming face

Does not solve the problem for casters though, which is mainly who it is used against :D

Puppet

Part of the furniture
fettoken said:
If you dont know how to face someone you´ll have to suit yourself for being really stupid. But for the ppl runthrough, its a pathetic way to try and beat someone that they normally cant.

Same could be said about MOC+SOI+Lifetap+ML9-Pet. Pathetic way to beat someone when they normally can't.

Ballard

Fledgling Freddie
Puppet said:
Same could be said about MOC+SOI+Lifetap+ML9-Pet. Pathetic way to beat someone when they normally can't.

You can not use SOI anc MOC together anymore, in fact you havent been able to for some time.

Belomar

Part of the furniture
Puppet said:
That's a stupid argument, and you know it--the abilities you name are just that, abilities that are coded as being part of the game. Run-through, strafing and other forms of lagabuse are ways to exploit game mechanics and game architecture.

Puppet

Part of the furniture
Belomar said:
That's a stupid argument, and you know it--the abilities you name are just that, abilities that are coded as being part of the game. Run-through, strafing and other forms of lagabuse are ways to exploit game mechanics and game architecture.

I know there's a difference between the two (three, four) listed things. But with SOI+MOC+Lifetap+ML9-Pet an enemy tank (hell make it two) might aswell sit down.

So what the one I responding to was basically meaning: We make a list of stuff, and if I use it, I *should* win 100% of the times. Due to runthrough and god-knows what, he wins 'only' 97%.

Which rises the question at me: Why play at all, simply give a list of Ra's up and down and we play it on paper? You dont have MOC up? Soz I had charge up, gimme 1K. Next run !

In the end, running through casts is very annoying for casters, and on the other hand, casters strafing like mad to avoid getting hit by melee, is very annoying for tanks.

Evens it out quite abit? If they removed both, it would be quite nice love for my Vampiir, meaning I would *ALWAYS* land Eyeshot on caster, instead of Vampiric Faint, ooops OOV, Vampiric Faint, OOV, OOV, Vampiric Faint, OOV.

UndyingAngel

Can't get enough of FH
They should Fix the walkthough and the Streafing.. but I also think.. casters should get the same penalty as melee fighters.. the faster they cast they less dmg they do!

Bloodaxe_Springskalle

Fledgling Freddie
fettoken said:

LOL......lol..... are u Seinfeld in disguise?

Larc

Fledgling Freddie
I think it's good that the run-through thing exists. If casters always had a free cc cast, a melee would never ever have a chance to kill a caster.

Ballard

Fledgling Freddie
UndyingAngel said:
They should Fix the walkthough and the Streafing.. but I also think.. casters should get the same penalty as melee fighters.. the faster they cast they less dmg they do!

Yes and tanks should also be able to be interupted :)

Ame

Fledgling Freddie
UndyingAngel said:
Does that mean instant spells do 0 damage? <looks gleeful>

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom