Help Run Forest Run!

Rubric

Part of the furniture
Or should i say run rubric run. Now i have given up the fags a pair of running shows are on order. I have a training plan to run 5k in about 9 weeks. The thing is i need to find a watch or stopwatch that has a countdown timer that enables me to program in say a 90 sec countdown then a 60 second then back to the 90 again and so on. I have looked around but i don't seem to be able to find anything that says it actually does this. does anyone know of anything?

Frizz

Can't get enough of FH
Rubric, why do you think you need to do these alternating countdowns?

They're probably hard to find (I've never heard of it) because no-one does this.

pcg79

One of Freddy's beloved
dunno how much you wanna spend but the more expensive running watches should do this.
polar rs200, nike vapor, for example.
have a look specifically for running watches

Rubric

Part of the furniture
dunno how much you wanna spend but the more expensive running watches should do this.
polar rs200, nike vapor, for example.
have a look specifically for running watches

Yeah looked at them just none actually seem to say they do it. not sure what the feature would be called which doesn't help.

Rubric

Part of the furniture

They're probably hard to find (I've never heard of it) because no-one does this.

I need it for the 90 secs walking 60 secs running repititions i will be doing in the early training.

dont want to spend too much as it will only be for the early training. normal countdown would be fine but it changes to stuff like 2 mins walk 5 mins run 3 mins walk 5 mins run 6 mins walk 2 mins run type stuff.

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
Most mobile phones will have a countdown timer/stopwatch built in.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Most mobile phones will have a countdown timer/stopwatch built in.

Thing is though, most of them just have a one button no edit stopwatch/countdown..er.

Why on can't just run/walk "about" 60-90 is beyond me. Same as with "i need a 100 pushups, 99 or 101...nou vai!!"

Fweddy

FH is my second home
Buy two cheap countdown timers. Set one to 60 seconds, one to 90 seconds and alternate using each one. You could even buy different coloured stop watches to make it even easier.

Arnie 2Tone

Fledgling Freddie
I'd just buy any old stopwatch stopwatch and set it for 30s intervals. Run for 2 beeps, walk for 3, repeat. Anything else is just an over-engineered solution in my opinion :)

tris-

Failed Geordie and Parmothief

athletes do.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
I'd just buy any old stopwatch stopwatch and set it for 30s intervals. Run for 2 beeps, walk for 3, repeat. Anything else is just an over-engineered solution in my opinion :)

You think too logically for this place! :D

What you need is a conveyor bel...*runs*

Furr

Can't get enough of FH
If you haven't run for long time its going to be absolute murder, make sure to start off light, maybe 20mins simple jogging to allow your body over several weeks even months to strengthen your knees, shins, ankles etc. Then there's the toughening up of your skin on the feet so for the first month or so your going to get blisters. But even though its hard wok running is well worth it, the degree to which you feel all round "better" after just a few weeks is pretty cool.

Rubric

Part of the furniture
Thanks for the input as always guys.

I have this couch to 5k plan Furr it basically first week is 5 min walk and then run/walk in 60 second bursts and it basically builds up from there.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom