rules & kill/revive thing

A

alch

Hiya,

I've just read the rules for the league, and I noticed the kill/revive cheat/bug isn't mentioned anywhere. I personally consider it a bug, and thus exploiting it is cheating, but there are clans that use this in wars (and thus don't consider it cheating). It should be explicitly added to the rules that it'll not be tolerated, in my opinion. Better to add it now then when it's too late I'd say.

Greets,
alch

C

.cage

if someone's low on health, and you're gonna waste your entire bar healing them, you kill them and res them - common sense, not a cheat or bug.

O

old.Anatoly

I think it also recharges the bar of the person being killed/revived so a soldier with a PF could fire much faster, or an eng could plant more dynamite.

Might be a bit tricky to enforce though :(

A

alch

clarification

Sorry I wasn't clear. I do not mean the kill/revive thing that medics use when a player is below like 60 health. I do mean the kill/revive thing where any class gets a full energy bar and thus can plant, e.g., 3 dynamites, or throw 10 airstrikes, or shoot panzerfausts in rapid succession (until he runs out).

It shouldn't be hard to enforce since it's quite easy to spot. Either the lieutenant/engineer/soldier gets killed by a teammate (the medic probably) repeatedly, or kills himself repeatedly (using /kill). The first generates a TK message (which should arise suspicion if it happens a few times in a short period of time), the latter shows "X killed himself." (same deal).

O

old.Radiohead

My opinion... (like it is on clanbase) let's not allow ANY kill revive, so i mean ANY, the only thing that you should allow is to kill yourself so you spawn again (like a sniper who becomes... a luit etc)

So it is on clanbase... if the admin see that you don't follow the rule, you can get a warning, 2nd warning and you are out...

It's the only way, killing a luit because he's 50H, then getting full ammo = cheating... so there is no way that you can allow to kill revive badly hurted teammates, it's ALWAYS an advantage that can't be allowed IMHO...

C

.cage

how's it cheating? It's kinda the same argument as saying the bfg is cheating. I can see how res'ing people so they can throw multiple air strikes is beyond lame, but killing people to save on your bar so you can give out health is just common sense, and it's been coded into the game, and all players can take advantage of it, therefore it isn't cheating.

B

bigbb

This is it, in essence there's nothing wrong with the tactic itself. It's the stopping llama'ish use of it to an unfair advantage.

W

WFJuNkY

Originally posted by Radiohead
My opinion... (like it is on clanbase) let's not allow ANY kill revive, can't be allowed IMHO...

ehm, explain to me then, why the hell is the medic in the game if u cant revive people? that's just plain stupid =/

i agree it's lame to have a lt spam millions of airstrikes, but reviving someone is in the game, i mean come on, what else should a medic do?
not like he has much other good uses that another class cant do better =/

12mavatar

There is no way the admin can watch everyone all the time so best thing to do is all not use it.

it is taking advantage of something the programmers overlooked and not really cheating, it was not purposefully written into the code of the program either.

but ffs if everone took advantage of all the bugs/overlooked things in RTCW there would be no point playing in a league game it would be full of lamers, basically whoever knows all the stupid tricks would win.

i hope the panzer/grenade wall jump trick is going to be out lawed like jolt have done but a leg over the wall is ok.

at the end of the day its up to the clans out there to decide what they consider lame/not lame

Simply ban it !

G

greendemon

The way I see it, a cheat is doing something that the game or map isn't designed to do. In other words exploiting a map bug.
I mean how far do you want to take this? Would anyone like to examine my autoexec.cfg to see if there are any scripts in there that might give me an edge?
C'mon guys ffs, let's just get on and enjoy the league.

O

old.Radiohead

look it's simple if you kill revive, you fuck the game up, you can allow like 1 luit and 5 meds, and TK the luit so you have ammo... any decent clan knows that sucks...

But what you can do about it... if you do allow TK... if the luit is at 60H you kill him and revive him... you can say, hey k but he won't give me ammo, well that's bullshit because 10 secs later he does... (or give it to another teammate)

Same shit with the soldier carrying a panzerfaust... you can say he's low on health so i TK him, then it's possible to shoot like 2 panzers in 5 secs...

Anyway whatever the rules are, if Kill revive is allowed, then expect a LOT of panzers etc fucking up the game...

Or in a map like castle, expect airstrikes (with binoculars) CONSTANTLY over the coffin, you can do it... if you are allowed to do it... why not do it?

Just follow clanbase and DON'T allow any kill revive and you are safe...

You can't check it some say... well might be true, but you can ask the players to make demos etc, just use the warning system... if it happens once... just give a warning... you see it twice (or 3 times...) he's out...

K

*Kornholio*

Isn't there a way to set the server to kick / ban people for 10 or so minutes if they tk 4 or more times ?? The complaint thing won't work obviously...

Then again, it would be pretty obvious if someone was doing this & if there's an admin ingame it wouldn't take them long to pick up on it...

S

syk.chak

The problem for me is, that while I agree with killing people below 50 health and reviving, this inevitably leads to regenerating their power bar, which is a lot more controversial (to some).

S

sabrex

Use the any tactical advantage available to you to win the game.
theres a sudden pause when you revive that leaves the 2 opponants vulnerable to attack when they do this.

Cotton onto the fact the medic is lethal for this and waste all medics!!

Any good team should be able to win with team work whatever that involves.

:) whatever rule for this enforced should be adhered too.

S

syk.chak

The following are not allowed:

Excessive/Abusive use of the kill/revive tactic - This is when a player dies and gets revived by the medic. Abuse of this tactic would be constitue a player constantly dieing and reviving to gain advantage over the enemy. This rule is to the match admin's judgement and if the admin feels the tactic is being abused in any shape or form, they will take the appropriate action.

Panzerfaust/Grenade jumping

Any exploitation of map/game bugs

WTF does that mean? Does it mean we can do it, but if the admin thinks we do it too much, we get kicked (or whatever action)? Or does it mean we can't do it at all? We can do it as much as we want? Does it include a player killing himself, and a medic reviving? :p

K

*Kornholio*

I think it comes down to : Let's not be lame, and just play the game as it was intended...

B

bigbb

Originally posted by [SyK]Chak

WTF does that mean? Does it mean we can do it, but if the admin thinks we do it too much, we get kicked (or whatever action)? Or does it mean we can't do it at all? We can do it as much as we want? Does it include a player killing himself, and a medic reviving? :p

First of all, there's no need for the "WTF". That tactic may be used but, as the rule states excessive, meaning overuse of the tactic to gain advantage is not allowed. In other words you can do it, but not over and over again so you hold a position and stop the other team from getting anywhere.

I've said this is to the admin's judgement because, it is. If the admin feels the tactic is being abused in an unsporting manner, they can take action.

B

bigbb

I've amended the rule to make it a little clearer.

Excessive/Abusive use of the kill/revive tactic - This is when a player dies and gets revived by the medic. Players may use this tactic but it is to be used in a sensible and sporting manner. Meaning, using it in a modest manner to help out team mates on front line. Using it by constantly killing/reviving to hold a tactical advantage over the opponent will be considered cheating and action will be taken by the admin accordingly.

O

old..0.!Madskillz

If you open the original RTCW pakfile called "pak0.pk3" , you will se ALOT .cfg`s made by Activision

1: Open the pakfile
2: Goto : pistolas.cfg (example)
3: And you will see they have the "kill" thingy binded...

This is NOT a BUG, its part of the game so get used to it

:clap:

I have uploaded 1 of the original rtcw .cfg`s here : http://members.home.nl/sosa/rtcw/KillAndRevive/pistolas.cfg

12mavatar

nah i won't "get used to it" but you will get used to being kicked out the league if you do SIMPLE!

imo clans that use it are sad gits who cannot use there skillz at playing but rely on Taking advantage of game/maps bugs.

basically whoever knows all the stupid lame things and cheats and stuff will win the game if your clan falls into that slot then there should be 2 leagues set up,

1. for all the slimey twats who think all the lame tactics should be used. ( usually ppl who cannot play rtcw)

2. for all the decent respected clans who get through leagues not cheating.

me guesses which league you will pick.

your the one who wants to get used to it pal.

M

McBastard

C'mon

Originally posted by .0.!Madskillz
This is NOT a BUG, its part of the game so get used to it

Your evidence is that somebody has done "\bind k kill"

From that you conclude that action bar pumping is kosher.

Give me a break.

O

old..0.!Madskillz

I dont use the kill/revive thing coz my skillls are awesome at rtcw, i dont need it and i do not use it in any leagues because its also forbidden.

I dont mind if someone is using it, since i havent seen anywhere where it says its a bug or a cheat etc..
Till then its ok by me, there are 2 teams that can use it , not ONLY 1 team..

K

*Kornholio*

oh do shut up and go back to playing with your barbie dolls... twat.

M

McBastard

Originally posted by Kornholio[UC_UK]
No use running, you'll just die tired

I must be more tired than I care to admit. It kept coming through as

No nose running, you'll just die tired.

Surreal.

K

*Kornholio*

get some sleep / glasses / counselling / therapy :p

O

old..0.!Madskillz

why do always noobs reply *sigh*
Kornholio[UC_UK] you are a twat here, dont talk crap if you dont like someones posts.

p.s. i can teach you some nice skills tho, you only need to ask

Users who are viewing this thread