Rugby World Cup 2004 in Australia

D

dysfunction

Rugby World Cup 2003 in Australia

Will anyone here be watching the Rugby?

Just thought I'd create a non football thread...

The opening Ceremony was supposed to be quite spectacular..

M

mank

Watched the first half of the Australia v Argentina game, I don't understand Rugby properly though but it was fun. I'll watch the England game because I'll be glad to see someone proud to play for the country put some effort in it!

S

Sir Frizz

I'd actually like to see England pull a win. But they aren't allowed to beat South Africa if they do manage to do it. :p

D

darthshearer

I will be watching it! At least them lot wont cry when their mates cant play out!

O

Ono

SOUTH AFRICA ARE TEH SHIT!!!!1111

eNGERLAND 0WNZ J000!!!!!!!111 :clap: :clap:

D

Deadmanwalking

The opening ceremony was just like every other World cup/major sporting event thesedays. Even though the giant rugby player made from people was kinda nice.

The only problem i have is that every team when asked who would they want ti win if not themselves have all said "NOT ENGLAND, they are like the team that cannot win"

Now apart from the usual targeting of our players (Johnny Wilkinson) i am worried that the refs arn't going to be impartial, as they would rather anouther country wins than England. :(

D

dysfunction

Originally posted by Ono
SOUTH AFRICA ARE TEH SHIT!!!!1111

eNGERLAND 0WNZ J000!!!!!!!111 :clap: :clap:

LIAR!!!!11

SA just beat URU 75 to 6 points!!!

And they are gonna kick the crap out of Engerland!!

B

brp

Good start by England (84-6), glad to see Cohen get a couple of tries. Looking forward to the Yaapies next weekend, should be a good game, if they don't play like completely dirty b*stids we should take em. Lots of credit to Greenwood who wasn't afraid to check his tackle was still intact infront of all the people watching.
Well done guys and roll on Saturday.

Ben.

(oh, we're still in 2003 by the way dysfunction)

J

Jonaldo

Originally posted by dysfunction
LIAR!!!!11

SA just beat URU 75 to 6 points!!!

And they are gonna kick the crap out of Engerland!!
Not bad score, but not quite as good as Englands opening game.
So ENGLAND WILL WHOOP THOSE BOK ASSES!

M

Memphis2K

England played a lot better than SA even though their opponents were of about the same skill level. England played as a better coheasive unit, Wilkinson, Dawson, Cohen, Thompson, Back and Greenwood all put in MOtM performances and even though Robinson and Lewsey were quiet by their standards they also played well.

As I think was said on the commentary Cohen and Tindall showed why they have improved 150% in the last 18-24months. Cohen's footwork for his 2nd try was top class and Tindall's all-round play was impressive.

Bring on a nice whupping for the Boks :D

A

Aoami

Wilkinson is blantantly better at football than Beckham.

M

Memphis2K

Originally posted by Aoami
Wilkinson is blantantly better at football than Beckham.

/me votes for Wilkinson on the 'problem' left-side of midfield.

D

dysfunction

Originally posted by brp
(oh, we're still in 2003 by the way dysfunction)

Are we??

Bloody hell!! No wonder I arrive a day late for everything!

O

Ono

LMAO - South Africa are teh rascist apartheid losers!!!!

Well played England.

G

Gumbo

Well, we managed to play one half of Rugby anyway. We'll need to play 2 halves in the final, but I think it's looking good for England now.

We've got a couple of warm up games before we get there, so I'm still confident.

I'm also relieved that the game was generally played in good spirits. I was worried the Saffers would play like the idiots they were at Twickenham and deliberatly go out to injure our guys.

Good luck with the next few games SA, you're sure as hell gonna need it!

J

Jupitus

In a close game like that SA would have been just as worried about injuries as us... they now face NZ and Aus for the final where we get France and Wales.

Don't be complacent though......

B

brp

was doing other stuff today, so made sure I didn't know the score, videoed it and watched it this evening. Was a good game, and things were pretty even at half time (I think on the stats the South Ifricans were on top by a fraction). Again the winning factor was Mr Wilkinson who came away with 100% on his kicking, as opposed to the SA kicker who got about 20% accuracy (not world cup winning stuff)! Was great to see the tactical change once we were ahead and Johnny kicking 2 drop goals. I think Back is a great player, but just because he could drop kick a goal against the EyeTies didn't mean he should have tried that aweful attempt in this game! Well done to Greenwood for the only try.
Unless I'm reading my postery thing from the Times wrong, the worst game we will have now before the final will be France, so hopefully the team will keep level headed and not cause any upsets. They are doing well so far.

ben.

D

dysfunction

Originally posted by Ono
Hehe.

Dysfunction is teh wrong.

:(

Still have a good chance against NZ in the next round though! :(

D

Deadmanwalking

At least the South Africans didn't go the way of the aussies and start shouting and moaning about our "illegal" binding during mauls.

O

old.tRoG

Australia 33-16 Scotland

Bah. And they were doing so well up until half time, too :(

D

dysfunction

South Africa are out of the world cup too...

:(

D

dysfunction

Originally posted by Deadmanwalking
Thats because they suck Dysfunction :p

:eek:

Wales should (could have) beaten England today!

Oh well lets hope France pounds the living crap out of them instead!

:D

D

Deadmanwalking

HAH!!

That is all i have to say about the French.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom