Rugby v Football

Lamp

Gold Star Holder!!
soccer_rugby_difference.jpg

Nate

FH is my second home
1st pic: Check out my Metroid Impression, shit..I fell over!
2nd pic: Hey mate, you got something on your shirt.

Marc

FH is my second home
Im not condoning it in any way, but a lot of the time, when a footballer goes down and stays down, its sometimes to relieve the tempo out of the game. Slow the game down a little.

Wonk

Can't get enough of FH
the guy on the bottom piccie could easily be Jaap Stam ;)

Rubric

Part of the furniture
Throw the ball backwards to go forwards :eek7:

Sorry i just can't see the point.

CorNokZ

Currently a stay at home dad

And then when they finally tackle, everyone on the pitch jumps in to get a bit of the gay action in the huge pile :x

pikeh

Resident Freddy
the graphic designer side of my just screamed "COMIC SANS!!! COMIC SANS!!!"

Hawkwind

FH is my second home

Yeah, cos they never ever pass the ball sideways or backwards in football! :p

Really hate the way players act in football these days. No respect for the refs whatsoever. Play acting needs to stop. FA should be handing out bans for faking and diving based on Video Evidence. Played properly in the right spirit it is a beautiful game. Shame its mostly played by cnuts!

Heta

Fledgling Freddie
why not post the picture above with the footballer that got his head banged in the beginning of the game, ended up with a turban of a bandaged as he was bleeding somewhat like the rugby guy, then got showed off the field near the end cause the turban kept unraveling and there were blood everywhere

and another thing, when you are running as fast as you can, and someone stomp you on the ankle, it bloody hurts! specially when they have spikes

but yes, are a lot of actors out there, but imo it way less now then it used to be

Hawkwind

FH is my second home
why not post the picture above with the footballer that got his head banged in the beginning of the game, ended up with a turban of a bandaged as he was bleeding somewhat like the rugby guy, then got showed off the field near the end cause the turban kept unraveling and there were blood everywhere

The difference is that it happens every game in Rugby not once in a life time. Players regularly dislocate fingers and have them taped up and play on. Stamping or raking is not as bad now but still players come out of rucks with cuts to the head.

Heta

Fledgling Freddie
never seen rugby, just tought it was a game they played long ago, untill a few years back when I found out people actually play it still... kinda like criket

but yea, rugby players are hard, how many games / year do they play?

Rubric

Part of the furniture
Stuart Pearce tried to play with a broken leg.

Nuff said tbh.

Eeben

Fledgling Freddie
football players are just a bunch of girls :( really sad players like ronaldo is allowed on a field, he should be in hollywood tbh !

Marc

FH is my second home
Stuart Pearce tried to play with a broken leg.

Nuff said tbh.

A rugby player actually did! Well, arm. Captain Alan Prescott broke his arm in the 3rd minute of a game and refused to go off, leading his team for the next 77 minutes to victory over aus.

This is how Tom MItchell decribed the GB dressing room at that half-time break, " The British dressing room - all unbowed. Fitness of almost a supernatural quality was beginning to tell. I sat down beside the Captain. His arm merely carried several folds of bandaging. The doctor in attendance at the game was summoned. His verdict was a positive one, "This man cannot continue - and it must not be considered". But when the team rose to go out Alan led them. If he hadn't done so the game was over - the Quest for the Ashes blown away. He switched places with prop McTigue when he thought it was better to do so. He gathered the ball, he ran, he dictated the pattern of play and he tackled well with his good arm. Only those present at the game had any idea of the man's naked courage.

Thats how much it meant to him to beat the convicts

Hawkwind

FH is my second home
but yea, rugby players are hard, how many games / year do they play?

Guiness Premiership is 12 clubs - home and away games
Heineken Cup has 6 pools of 3/4 teams playing 6 games in pool then up to 4 more if finalists.

Plus full 7's season and Internationals for top players. Six nations is every year not like Euro's.

Basically they play less games than most top tier sides as there is not a domestic FA cup style comp. Premiership has two of those alone. But in fairness rugby is a tougher game and a much more physical test for your body. So they should play less imo.

Heta

Fledgling Freddie
ofc they should, I just wonderd how many games they played as NFL only do 18 games if they go to the finals afaik

soze

I am a FH squatter
Martin Keown played a suspected 60 minutes with a fractured bone in his leg the front one can't remember the name. Thats hard core ;) And he has bleed on the field more times that i can remember. Lets not forget now if a player cuts his head its not his choise to go off the field the rules state he can not play on with blood showing IE still bleeding or blood on his shirt shorts face ect.

While rugby is not my game i respect the way they have intergrated technology and the fact the players respect the ref something we lack in football.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom