rsi

Wij

I am a FH squatter
Does anyone know anything about RSI ?

My right hand and forearm have been feeling numb and tingly for about a week and I wake up most nights with my arm completely without feeling and inable to lift itself. I have to massage it with the left arm for about 10 mins.

Yes, I know, Doctor !

But any advice from you ?

:(

Munkey

Can't get enough of FH
stop choking the chicken!

or at least get the missus to do it for you instead

Brynn

Can't get enough of FH
does your computer chair have elbow pad kind of things?

My left arm would be like how you meansioned, it was because my computer chair doesn't have that padding. And my arm was rubbing on the molded plastic, and in the rubbing was rubbing a nerve.

Yaka

Part of the furniture
my wrist in all the years of gaming with keyboard and mice have only hurt once when using the wireless logitech mx 700 mouse.

having said that everyone else in the house cant use there pcs long as me.
all of em complain about painful wrists when typing.

but waking up with the arm hurting? defo go see a doc yer numnut

kanonfodda

Fledgling Freddie
One of the women in my office had a similar problem, turned out to be a nerve thing if I remember rightly.

Definately see a doctor, try padding, as has been suggested, and make sure the arm is not in any draughts etc

Tenko

Fledgling Freddie
Boring I know but my job involves preventing this at any cost, working in a large government office.

Flick through this http://www.hse.gov.uk/pubns/indg36.pdf from the Health and Safety Executive*. Alot of RSI problems are avoidable with minor changes to your workstation/Pit.

;)

*Please Note: This is a VERY boring document, but if there's anything you don't already know it may put off getting arthritic joints for a few more years

TdC

Trem's hunky sex love muffin
I found that this helped me: use mouse in right hand at home, left hand at work. if I go right hand all the time I get huuge pain in my upper right arm :(

Gef

Fledgling Freddie
I had a play with one of those Powerball things sibanac, they are great fun, a guy at work goes rock climbing a lot and he uses it to strengthen his wrists. But I can see many uses, plus its entertaining at the same time. I couldnt do it for more than 3-4 mins at a time, makes your tendons feel like they burn and your whole hand is shaking for 10 mins after;)

Wij

I am a FH squatter
The doc said it's probably tendonitis and prescribed a horse-dose of Ibrubprofen and told me to use my arm lots. Just taken half the prescribed dose (cos I've never taken it before) and I can't feel my face. Totally spaced. I wonder if I'm intolerant to it ? Who cares, feels great at the minute :D

If I don't feel better in a week he said to come back. I think I'll be able to float back tbh :)

Brynn

Can't get enough of FH
Wij said:
The doc said it's probably tendonitis and prescribed a horse-dose of Ibrubprofen and told me to use my arm lots. Just taken half the prescribed dose (cos I've never taken it before) and I can't feel my face. Totally spaced. I wonder if I'm intolerant to it ? Who cares, feels great at the minute :D

If I don't feel better in a week he said to come back. I think I'll be able to float back tbh :)

I think you have just been given a doctors note to wank, like you have never wanked before

Bodhi

Once agreed with Scouse and a LibDem at same time
Wij said:

If you don't use all of your prescription can I have the rest?

TdC

when I broke my collar bone I was on huuuuuge codine pills. they went great with a slug of whiskey. talk about purple sparks and spacing out. still, I was a bit nuts at the time. I'd not do it again ;)

Wij

I am a FH squatter
Bodhi said:
If you don't use all of your prescription can I have the rest?

5 to be taken daily.

Anally.

ON A BIG FIST !!!1

:eek6:

Wazzerphuk

FH is my second home
codeine can be rather dangerous, especially with alcohol :D

*spank andeh*

Danya

Fledgling Freddie
Brynn said:
does your computer chair have elbow pad kind of things?

My left arm would be like how you meansioned, it was because my computer chair doesn't have that padding. And my arm was rubbing on the molded plastic, and in the rubbing was rubbing a nerve.
I had probs with an armrest like that - solved it in a different way, just took the damn thing off. Much more comfortable without anything there.

TdC

Swift^ said:
codeine can be rather dangerous, especially with alcohol :D

*spank andeh*

hey, it was an accident ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom