RSI prevention program

Ingafgrinn Macabre

Can't get enough of FH
Heya guys and gals.

I'm looking for an RSI prevention program, you know, one of those programs that interrupt you momentarily and tells you to go take a piss or something.

I however have a tendency to always press the "not now" button when they pop up so I'm looking for one that actually locks the system and doesn't respond on mouse or keyboard input so you cannot work around it.
Do any of you know of such a program?

Thanks in advance ;)

Bahumat

FH is my second home
Ingafgrinn Macabre said:
Heya guys and gals.

I'm looking for an RSI prevention program, you know, one of those programs that interrupt you momentarily and tells you to go take a piss or something.

I however have a tendency to always press the "not now" button when they pop up so I'm looking for one that actually locks the system and doesn't respond on mouse or keyboard input so you cannot work around it.
Do any of you know of such a program?

Thanks in advance ;)

dont be such a girl, just play till you cant move your fingers anymore, then goto the second hand shop :)

Equador

Fledgling Freddie
While I don't know a program like that, I have heard of special "clocks" that go in between the plug and socket, and you can set a timer on that ( for an hour, for instance ) and once the hour is over it simply stops letting through electricity. So if you'd put one of those between your monitor and socket you can't just "click it away" :p

Karl

Fledgling Freddie
One of the ladies at my work has real trouble with RSI, she is about 30 and now cant actually use a keyboard or mouse....

She actually had to leave my place of work, is now working for a charity doing nothing with computers...

If you are worries about RSI i suggest you really cut down on your computer time per day... RSI can be really bad later on in life, that lady would often wake up in pure pain during the night after a day of working on a keyboard.

The best way is to use the off switch im afraid, no matter how often you go and make a coffee or take a pis.. the only realy solution is to use a computer less.

Ezteq

Queen of OT
lol just get a GF they have a variaty of pop ups including "are you still on that bloody pc?? get off your arse and take the rubbish out!" also "if you dont move now you'll not be getting any for a week" or the more drastic "if you dont move now youll not get any for a month" and also you can set it on to nag mode where it just wont leave you alone till you turn the pc off and go help fold laundry.

Karl

Fledgling Freddie
surley the finger work required by a girfriend will give RSI anyway!!

I know mine will!!

Lamp

Gold Star Holder!!
Anyone else sit on the bog for so long that pins and needles set in ?

Ezteq

Queen of OT
Lamp said:
Anyone else sit on the bog for so long that pins and needles set in ?
lol worse if your a girl with a short skirt on, was down the pub aaages ago and this lass came out of the kazi with a short short skirt on and you could see the ring imprint on her butt lol

Ingafgrinn Macabre

Can't get enough of FH
Thanks for the replies guys but was hoping for an actual program :p

Equador said:
While I don't know a program like that, I have heard of special "clocks" that go in between the plug and socket, and you can set a timer on that ( for an hour, for instance ) and once the hour is over it simply stops letting through electricity. So if you'd put one of those between your monitor and socket you can't just "click it away"
hmmm... would work but I'd rather not lose all my workdata ;)
Karl said:
One of the ladies at my work has real trouble with RSI, she is about 30 and now cant actually use a keyboard or mouse....

She actually had to leave my place of work, is now working for a charity doing nothing with computers...

If you are worries about RSI i suggest you really cut down on your computer time per day... RSI can be really bad later on in life, that lady would often wake up in pure pain during the night after a day of working on a keyboard.

The best way is to use the off switch im afraid, no matter how often you go and make a coffee or take a pis.. the only realy solution is to use a computer less.
Would love to sometimes but the thing is that I'm atm in school, final year design and engineering, which means approximately 90% computerwork, 10% coffeework :p
That's why I'd love a program helping me prevent it. Already use a trackman instead of a mouse etc.
Ezteq said:
lol just get a GF they have a variaty of pop ups including "are you still on that bloody pc?? get off your arse and take the rubbish out!" also "if you dont move now you'll not be getting any for a week" or the more drastic "if you dont move now youll not get any for a month" and also you can set it on to nag mode where it just wont leave you alone till you turn the pc off and go help fold laundry.
Working on it ;)

lilmissnaughty

Fledgling Freddie
Ezteq said:

lol damn u got to this post before me an stole the words right outta my mouth:D
will only add that if necessary he can upgrade to the wife version as the inclusion of a wedding band boosts the nag output threefold from what ive seen of married friends :p

Lomme

Fledgling Freddie
had no idea what RSI was, so had to google it :p
anyway, found this, which is a rather informative site for anyone else as clueless as me :p

tris-

Failed Geordie and Parmothief
do you know anyone who does VB programming?

could maybe throw together a quick little program. something that has a timer in. after so long it will make a full screen window which you cant control. which then sets another timer for how ever long you want a break.

lilmissnaughty

Fledgling Freddie
anyone here develop rsi from excessive masturbation?
could u enlighten us for the safety of others as to what the cut off point is where it becomes excessive.
make a web faq or summit to help ur fellow man:p

tris-

Failed Geordie and Parmothief
i never found a point where too much exists in that area.

tbh, usually keep going till i fall asleep if im really bored and have nothing to do. i also use a full arm motion rather than a hand shaking. stops use of wrist and develops the bicep and shoulder muscles

Equador

Fledgling Freddie
Ingafgrinn Macabre said:
hmmm... would work but I'd rather not lose all my workdata ;)

You'd put the thing between your monitor and socket, so only the monitor goes dark :p Until you reset the clock ofc.

Lamp

Gold Star Holder!!
On the topic of excessive masturbation, when does blindness set it ? Is it before your willy falls off, and will it occur after or before the vinegar strokes ?

Ingafgrinn Macabre

Can't get enough of FH
Lomme said:
had no idea what RSI was, so had to google it :p
anyway, found this, which is a rather informative site for anyone else as clueless as me :p
Nice find! thanks :D
It has a link to a lot of keycombo's for windows which I didn't know yet ;)

Haggus

Can't get enough of FH
I had it once, I think :/

wondered what the fuck it was but I couldn't open doors or turn on taps, open drawers, wank :(, have sex and most baddist is use the compurter :/

I was a twat though and I pushed on during the pain and tried to still play. It also went away after abit.

I'm not sure I had it but it fucking hurt and wouldn't let me play puter!

B

Benedictine

Like someone said about gfs theres lots of ways to reduce playing time....

Take my wife....

Please take my wife. :drink:

Ingafgrinn Macabre

Can't get enough of FH
Benedictine said:
Like someone said about gfs theres lots of ways to reduce playing time....

Take my wife....

Please take my wife. :drink:
sooooo wrong in sooooo many ways.... but totally reppable ;)
:drink: :cheers:

Bluevixen

Fledgling Freddie
Haggus said:
I had it once, I think :/

wondered what the fuck it was but I couldn't open doors or turn on taps, open drawers, wank :(, have sex and most baddist is use the compurter :/

I was a twat though and I pushed on during the pain and tried to still play. It also went away after abit.

I'm not sure I had it but it fucking hurt and wouldn't let me play puter!

RSI causes a weakness in you hands often due to a trapped/damaged nerve . See also Carpel Tunnel Syndrome. You often get pins and needles (tingling) in your hands due to the trapped nerve.

However, you can also get the tingling from a stiff muscle in your arm/neck/shoulder trapping a nerve there. This can be cured with rest or some physio on the area.

A quick test for Carpel Tunnel Syndrome!. Put a piece of paper between your fingers and hold the paper with your fingers. Now try to pull the paper away. If pulling the paper away is very easy and you get ZERO resistance from your gripping fingers then you have weakness in your hands.

Ingafgrinn Macabre

Can't get enough of FH
Bluevixen said:
RSI causes a weakness in you hands often due to a trapped/damaged nerve . See also Carpel Tunnel Syndrome. You often get pins and needles (tingling) in your hands due to the trapped nerve.

However, you can also get the tingling from a stiff muscle in your arm/neck/shoulder trapping a nerve there. This can be cured with rest or some physio on the area.

A quick test for Carpel Tunnel Syndrome!. Put a piece of paper between your fingers and hold the paper with your fingers. Now try to pull the paper away. If pulling the paper away is very easy and you get ZERO resistance from your gripping fingers then you have weakness in your hands.
RSI can show itself in many many ways. I have a mild form of it but I have no loss of muscle function. It hurts sometimes though like you lifted more than you can handle.
Also, that test of you would show a false positive after an overactive day in the gym, and a false negative in my case.

By the way, Carpaltunnel syndrom is not the same as RSI. It is just 1 form of RSI but can also be had without having RSI

Ingafgrinn Macabre

Can't get enough of FH
Found another list of all shortcuts.
I edited it a bit and added it as a .zip file here.

Attachments

• WinXP Shortcuts.zip
    10.3 KB · Views: 2

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom