Rr5

O

old.Emma

just a little question...

if when you hit RR5 as a melee class your dps is increase by .3 and your unbuffed af is increased

what happens as a caster then ?

.3 dps wont make any difference at all.. as we dont melee :(
and our af is seriously capped anyway thanks to most of the epic armour being only af48 or 49 apart from one item i believe ?

O

old.Belorfyn

Nothing as far as I know. I've been thinking about this too.

Should give something though, maybe character could be treated as level 51 when checking spell damage (and resists) against other player (similar to melee damage increase) and maybe even when checking others damage on you.
Maybe not only damage but mezzes etc too (resisting again) since some classes (like healers) aren't very damage oriented.
As spiritmaster, I wouldn't mind one level higher pet either :)

[edit]
Was there some email to send questions for US "Grab Bag" to ? I suppose we can send questions there too.
[/edit]

M

Meatballs

same changes as for melee classes, weapon increases by .3 dps (WOOT), and next patch the epic armour and last tier/type cloth material is bumped up from 49->51af like it should be.

p.s. thats still not a huge increase, another caster nerf in disguise imo!!!

G

Generic Poster

I've always thought that players should get more for their RRs.

Something like, with every RR you have a 5% bonus to your attack/defence. Two players with the same RR, would not notice the difference, as the attack bonus of one, is countered by the defence bonus of the other.

If you have a RR2 fighting a RR5, the latter will have a 15% bonus against the RR2 (RR2 has a 5% bonus and the RR5 has 20%).

In an extreme case, a RR10 will have a 45% bonus against a RR1.

K

Kagato.

Originally posted by Meatballs
same changes as for melee classes, weapon increases by .3 dps (WOOT), and next patch the epic armour and last tier/type cloth material is bumped up from 49->51af like it should be.

p.s. thats still not a huge increase, another caster nerf in disguise imo!!!

How can it be a nerf? your not having anything taken away from you, its just that a change they have made that benefits melee types doesn't directly benefit you as much. Its by no means a nerf.

D

Dook_Pug

Originally posted by Kagato.

How can it be a nerf? your not having anything taken away from you, its just that a change they have made that benefits melee types doesn't directly benefit you as much. Its by no means a nerf.

...details.

There is no formal definition of the word 'nerf', many people use it in many different ways to describe various setbacks and weaknesses in systems and classes.

Stop being picky :p

D

Dook_Pug

Going on topic now...(heh)

I'd like to get a further af/absorb shield at RR5, but then I guess that would make bolts even more redundant then they currently are so...Nah.

Maybe the ability to use more focus levels on staves, less chance at being interrupted by 'lower than RR5s' and 'to hit' bonuses/penalties being lowered/raised accordingly.

O

old.mattshanes

Or maybe to be able to see infs at rr5 eh dook?:D

M

Meatballs

Originally posted by Kagato.

Its a nerf because I will take more damage, and my damage output remains the same. My defence has been weakened/taken away from and therefore I can conclude it is a nerf.

M

Meatballs

Originally posted by Generic Poster
I've always thought that players should get more for their RRs.

Something like, with every RR you have a 5% bonus to your attack/defence. Two players with the same RR, would not notice the difference, as the attack bonus of one, is countered by the defence bonus of the other.

If you have a RR2 fighting a RR5, the latter will have a 15% bonus against the RR2 (RR2 has a 5% bonus and the RR5 has 20%).

In an extreme case, a RR10 will have a 45% bonus against a RR1.

So people who play the game for more time get huge advantages over more casual players? Things like IP and Purge already grant these kind of advantages, Levels was another example of this before patch, still is although not so great.

K

Kagato.

Originally posted by Meatballs

Its a nerf because I will take more damage, and my damage output remains the same. My defence has been weakened/taken away from and therefore I can conclude it is a nerf.

How has your defense been weakend? its exactly the same as it always has been, if insignificantly improved a touch even, and your melee damage has been improved a touch, your simply not a class though that gets benefit from it, but the improvement is there.

I admit its sucky your epic armours arn't all level 50 though, but by sounds of it they fix that anyway.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom