rps for clerics

B

Ba6yGirl

now that ive finally reached lvl 50 wOOt 2 meh :))
where should i spend my rps for RVR now??

ive got mcl but have had suggestions for BoF/Purge etc etc
SO in order of importance what do u reckon i should get and why??

ta

F

FeraMcFlurry

did'nt get a word of that-ill study it harder :)

C

ChillyDawg

buy BoF asap, grous LUUURRRVE BoF, and dont ever. purge is handy, but get bof first.

buy serenity as well as its very useful (increases pwr regen rate)

also perhaps toughness (increases HP by 3 or 5% per level cant remember)

perhaps also buy etheral bond or something, increses your pwr by 5 or 3% per level, useful clerics as healing is a pretty power hungry spell.

another one would be wild healing, grants a 5% chance to "crit" heal on a heal, including instas. works the same as crit hitting with a sword: you hit for 500, you critical hit for a further 360 (maximum 99% crit i BELIEVE)

cant think of anyhting else really.

but those should be fine for the first few RRs.

my cleric is rr3l9 atm and has most of those, pretty useful

hope thats helped

Chilly

D

Danya

bof, purge, mcl2, raging power, toughness, aug const, aug dex, serenity, wild healing, moc are all good, other than bof first the order isn;t that big a deal. Also toughness is more effective per level than aug con.

N

-Nxs-

Its also going to depend on who your are RvRing with - if you have a specific guild group, ask them what RA's they would like for the group, BoF is going to be a must, Raging power will also REALLY help.

B

Ba6yGirl

thank u again for all ur feedback - really appreciate the help
:wub:

O

old.CrazyMuppet

MoC is very nice for when your group is getting twatted by savages. :)

A

amazingsteve

Focus on active RAs mostly. tougness/aug con aren´t gonna help u. If u get hit by a savage for 500dmg, the extra 30 HPs u get from RAs ain't gonna save u :)

A

andrilyn

My advice is, dont get Purge, Most of the time when your mezzed and you use purge they are just going to slam or cast stun/root on you.
If purge was on a faster cooldown timer or less points I'd get it again but as of now things like mastery of healing and master of the arts is much better to have than purge.
And if your in a good RvR group you wont be needing it either.
Purge helped me maybe 1 out of 10 fights, but todays biggest problem is the interrupts so I suggest get Moc asap.

O

old.Vae

IMO:

BoF without a doubt - Just buy it and don't ask any more questions :p

Then probably Purge - If you get messed then you can purge and start healing, insta healing using BoF etc - if you don't move until you heal then you might not get attention anyway. If you don't have purge you have to wait to be hit since mez lasts so long on you anyway and you are a primary target. Of course if you are the assist trains first target then nothings going to save you :)

MCL is probably next and my preference would be to get MCL2 and Raging Power as well which so far all comes to RR4L9. With that and a power pot I can res 6 people or have 3 full bars of mana for healing. Especially in the nice long fights the amount of mana available really matters for the win.

Moc is nice but just too damn expensive - 24 points in all including Aug acuity 3.

You might want to try Battery of Life as another effective insta (even though it has a small heal pool for its cost) and to use just before you get messed but then again aa2, Wild healing and mastery of healing might be better.

I used to have AA2, WH2, MoH2, Serenity2 but respecced to get Purge and Raging Power since they are so useful and I don't regret it for one instant.

O

old.windforce

nr1: BOF, its one of the best RAs

when you look at the role of a cleric (healing) the second important thing is mana. you cannot have enough mana

So concentrate on things that increase you mana or the regaining of it

MCL2 is really good for a cleric, after that either serenity or raging power

Depending on how hardcore RvR you are yo should take purge after mcl2 or after rp, serenity2

K

kestral

Buy passive RA's till you have enough to respec and get the active ones. Then you can start rebuilding on the passive ones again.

K

Kagato.

As Kes says, theres no point sitting on alot of realm levels to buy active ra's when you get a couple of free RA respecs anyway. Buy some useful passive RA's like serenity, mastery of healing and mcl (not passive but cheap) and then when you have enough points respec for BoF and Purge. It wont take long to get enough points anyway, specially if you played through the battlegrounds.

If you run in emain then you'll probably want to go through the BoF, Purge, MCL, Raging power route, but if you run in small groups then you may want to consider more BoF, Purge, MCL and the old cleric passives again (serenity 2, etherial bond, mastery of healing, wild healing etc). Raging Power and MCL 2 are ok, but if your being hit your not going to be able to cast heal spells regardless so the etc power is pointless and you can still use power potions from alchemists.

If you get BoF then Purge and any of the ra's mentioned in this thread though you wont be doing bad. :)

O

ormagaa

Originally posted by andrilyn
My advice is, dont get Purge
And if your in a good RvR group you wont be needing it either.

xDDDDDDDDDDDDDD
keep them free rps coming

Get mcl, bof, purge, moc, mota2, mcl2, rp.

3 14 10 24 4 6 10

8L1

S

speshneeds

imo :p

mcl, BoF, Purge, mcl2, Raging power then prolly get saving for MoC or smt

Users who are viewing this thread