RPG-guild recruiting

Hrogar

Fledgling Freddie
Me and some RL-friends are going to start a serious roleplayingguild on a PvP-server when World of Warcraft hit us. We will be playing for The Alliance, and all races and classes loyal to its cause will be welcome. There's already a CoC worked out, and a backgroundstory is in progress.

We are now starting to take in applications from serious, mature roleplayers from all over Europe. If you want to join in and help us start this thing up or just want some good company to start off with feel free to pm me here or in-game.

Kind regards

Hrogar

(Midgard - Excalibur on DAoC)

Ballock

Fledgling Freddie
Hi Hrogar!

Just wondering. Whats the word on the PvP serer? Will it be like in Daoc? Or will it be Alliance vs Horde, but you can kill and be killed anytime by the opposite side?

Good luck with the guild

haarewin

Fledgling Freddie
Ballock said:
Hi Hrogar!

Just wondering. Whats the word on the PvP serer? Will it be like in Daoc? Or will it be Alliance vs Horde, but you can kill and be killed anytime by the opposite side?

Good luck with the guild

its strange.
you can kill people from the horde if you are alliance, and vice versa. if they are in contested territory, they are fair game.
im not high enough yet to tell how hard it is to get into the homelands (however, ive seen a troll in elf lands, but no idea what level he was ;) )

AhoyHoy

Fledgling Freddie
im playing on a normal server, and randomly saw a troll inside the gates of stormwind ( dead ofcourse ) , must have run for ages to get there lol

Ormorof

FH is my second home
haarewin said:
its strange.
you can kill people from the horde if you are alliance, and vice versa. if they are in contested territory, they are fair game.
im not high enough yet to tell how hard it is to get into the homelands (however, ive seen a troll in elf lands, but no idea what level he was ;) )

even homelands are contested territory at least on pvp server, there was a load of alliance that managed to slip into mulgore and were killing all the lowbies there (including me :D )

doubt its that different on non-PvP server, though it may be restricted to contested territory

Jonaldo

Can't get enough of FH
So it's not just free for all like Camlann then? You run around and get ganked by a random high level person who likes to annoy people? Alliance can't kill Alliance for example?

AhoyHoy

Fledgling Freddie
nope, you cant kill your own side, so theres less carnage.

also, theres a lot less rewards for killing other players, so unlike camlann, you cant just level up off PvP kills

Whisperess

Can't get enough of FH
Jonaldo said:
So it's not just free for all like Camlann then? You run around and get ganked by a random high level person who likes to annoy people? Alliance can't kill Alliance for example?
Kinda defeats the entire point with Warcraft if it were so, don't you think?

Hrogar

Fledgling Freddie
Hi Ballock!

Pardon the late reply - haven't checked this thread for some time. I don't know much about the difference between servertypes, but the guys who replied above seems to have some good info about it. If it's as easy to kill other players as stated above we might go on a PvE-server instead - hate being ganked by leetists while exing.
Anyone know how big the uncontested zones (safezones) are? Like 10% of the map and only lowbiemobs?

Ah well, I'll try and get an alt into <The Dwarven Army> for sure Ballock, cya there mate :)

Kind regards

Hrogar

Shrye

One of Freddy's beloved
Quite alot of misconceptions in this thread about the PvP server rules - has any of you even taken the time to figure out what it actually involves, let alone played on one?

Actually, you're safe from the enemy forces as long as you're in the home territory if you wish to be so. Just don't toggle your PvP flag on, don't help NPCs or other people if they're engaged in PvP battle (wether you attack, buff or heal, it all counts as the same). However, in contested and enemy territory, you're free game for everyone of the opposing force.

Hrogar

Fledgling Freddie
That much I know - but how big are those zones? Is it possible to level up to a decent lvl (say 40-50) in the safe zones?

Lumikki

Fledgling Freddie
I just whooped some horde ass yesterday when they came bossing around near Auberdine in Darkshore :D

Tinu

Fledgling Freddie
Hrogar said:
That much I know - but how big are those zones? Is it possible to level up to a decent lvl (say 40-50) in the safe zones?

Nope.

Tinu

Fledgling Freddie
Gef said:
There are a lot of instanced dungeons, these are safe areas for high level exp..

He didn´t ask for highlvl areas to xp but if he could xp high(40-50) without going into contested area´s and AFAIK that is not possible.
But if you could confirm that you can jump from instance to instance to xp up high then that would be great info.
:wub:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom