RP stealing?

O

old.Det

I was running thru emain today when i saw an alb fighting a mid. I targeted the alb went in and hit him, the alb was low health to begin with. I never conned the mid he was fighting.

After the alb was dead a member of Svea Ulvar who had witnessed this asked why i rp stealed from the other mid, i never thought of it like xp stealing and got annoyed at this. I was told that all i think of rp's, i dont care for other realm mates and that kind of behaviour will lead to me not getting any grps.

So what im wondering about is: Is there some kind of unwritten rules in RvR like those when you exp? When seeing someone fighting mobs you always stand back a while looking how he is doing if he yells for help you help otherwise you leave him be. To go around hitting others mobs for no reason is harrasment. Does the same apply to rvr, should i con the mid and the alb looking how the fight is going before helping out?

How about if a grp is fighting another grp of albs/hibs? should my grp then hang back trying to see how it will turn out before engaging?

Until now ive just gone in hitting any alb/hib i see even if others are already hitting him/her, I've never checked how much hp the middie has before hitting the enemy. The same has been done to me and i never thought twice about it. If this behaviour is generally considered rude i will do my best to change.

I

ImLestat

Lol !!! This is definitely the first time I've ever EVER heard the term RP stealing. You just go ahead and act as you usually do. There is NO thing like rp stealing.

S

SilverHood

rp stealing, lol

If someone views it that way, then they are most liekly dueling

They are the enemy, kill them as quickly as possible, before they kill you

<Full Stop>

G

Glyph_mid

It was me fighting a cleric, or more, having fun with her (she didnt know how to instant mezz me?).
So i ran around her kissed her alot while she hit me for 35 + 15add, then she started smiting and i decided to finish her off.
While she was dying Detrim and someone else came along, and normally while fighting a cleric, help is always appriciated, but in this case i won easily, but Detrim could never have known

I always appriciated help in RvR, no matter if im winning or not, since it just shows that the guy cares about a fellow mid.
But i cant speak for the SU member, the person might got other views than me

I

ivan_tribbiani

RvR --> Realm vs Realm.... by definition implies Teamwork<as a realm> be it Zerg or group work. Otherwise it would have been called PvP. Thus RP stealing is a nonexistant term <i cant even define that properly>
I can see why the guy would be upset --> he got a little less RP, but getting mad at someone helping you in RvR is ridiculous. Im sure he [SU guy] would love to see you standing by while the Cleric takes him apart and your comment..... "Sorry bud i didnt want to be known as RP stealer/leecher"

O

old.Morchaoron

My rule is:
Kill every PC that is killable as long as they give rps, no matter if someone else is fighting or toying with him or whatever.

And if you want to fight a IRC arranged duel or whatever fight it somewhere out of sight where I can't interrupt :p

I go to emain for a good reason, not to mow the grass

B

bonesnap

Sad to hear ... i am always happy when someone help me smash down a ugly alb/hib. Rp stealing cant exist because we are 1 realm vs another. Mostly zerg or camping amg/mmg are based on help eachother. Prob it was a sb who have hunted him for awhile i guess..then it can be pretty sad when a horde come and kill it.
Rp stealing cant exist..end of story.

Bonesnap 50 skald Proud member of Svea Ulvar.

F

Freia

The only time i got somewhat, hmm what word should i use.. disappointed about someone "helping" me when fighting another player was when some bluecon luri sniper shot me and i mezzed, rushed up to him and was winning the fight and i thought "cool!! my second solo kill in rvr ever" and then some orange con skald rushes up and finishes the luris last 60% hp with 2 blows :/
But i dont really blame him for it (cant remember who it was anyways).

That said, i think there are a lot of rules in pve that we totally forget about that really should be used in rvr, like dont break mez, all hit same target, keep aggro off healers/casters (which ofcourse is a tiny bit harder in rvr hehe :p but we always have mez/root/stun to use). Imo we should try use more common rules from pve even tho its harder in rvr because we arnt fighting mindless ai. :)

And no, there are no "rules" about rp stealing that i ever heard of, altho ofcourse one could try to keep ones head cool and check who is winning before helping out in 1 on 1 situations :)

W

<Wels>

hey thats my kobold, I saw him first lay off :D

O

old.Det

Can never overstate things enough so here goes:
The rp stealing comments where made by one person and wasnt the opinion of su as a guild. The majority of the people I've met from SU have been great people and great players.

K

Kedda

Well the term RP stealing does exist but i don't think alot of people care about it.
There are right and wrong times to "help" someone. If a fighter class is fighting someone and losing thats the right time to help. But if you see a assassin class attacking a caster and the assassin is winning and you can't see a singel enemy exept the caster that is the wrong time to "help".

Thats RP stealing and i know it's RvR but i still think you should keep some PvE rules in mind when you go to RvR people have the right to get pissed of if you do something like that.

This hasen't happen to me yet but i dont think i would love it if someone would "help" me when i was winning a fight in 1on1..

Just whanted to say that i don't know if this was the case but i assume it was 1on1 no one would make that type of coment when a realm is zerging another

S

su_zog

Thanks Det - warms my heart :)
Personally I think going out in the frontier you are fair game for anyone or anything, and the only thing more fun than bashing an alb/hib, is bashing more than one or doing it with a realmmate (the more the merrier? ;))

To me killing enemies is not about RP, but rather...killing the enemies I guess. Even if I was winning a fight I'd gladly accept some help - those few extra seconds close to a Hibbie for example might force me to develop an affinity to trees or some other nasty thing. Nay - kill them fast and be done with it!

(besides with realm abilities like ignore pain etc as well as potential stealthers out there, you can't always know what is a winning fight or not.)

O

old.Khain

Personal, I think its madness not to jump in.

Its RVR its they way its played.

for all anyone know thier is a Stealth at the back just waying to see if the Alb will win if they look like they are not then bang your dead, or their could be 15 albs coming fomr that person yelling help. You need to drop them and drop them fast.

Anycase the fights are that fast you dont not realy have time to sit back and look to see who is going to win what damge is been done or if XXX is stund etc.....

HEH RP Stealing, could be a person that its their first time to emain :)

O

old.Thiralith

"I was told that all i think of rp's" , hehe, why does he mention it himself then if he doesn't think of rp's himself?

C

cHodAX

I nuke any enemy that moves, that is the way we are supposed to play the game. 'RP' Stealing is barmy and whoever accused you of it is a disgrace to your realm, you on the otherhand just did your job /salute.

T

_tindel_

I always get very happy when someone helps me, its very rare :(

K

kain_pravus

RP stealing... Theres no such thing, if it moves or even resembles an alb tin can/hib tree hugger then feel free to smack it into a fine jelly like past

O

Ozwaldo

Originally posted by thats_me

This hasen't happen to me yet but i dont think i would love it if someone would "help" me when i was winning a fight in 1on1..

Not helping, you its killing the enemy, if you had full health and the mid/hib needed 1 hit to finish him I wouldnt hesitate to give it the final whack.

Your comment is a silly comment and is one of the reasons why we need 2/1 odds or run away in fear from the big ugly trolls

S

sharpbits

If you ask me any enemy is for killing at any time... Come and steal my RPs if you like theres plenty of albs to go round.

F

Fafnir

Hmmm, whot about thoose nasty that sometimes comin and steal your rp when your stupid enemy hit you with a ae mezz. Is there a way to aviod this??? :) Or when one stuns the enemy among aggro to him mobs, and they go in a do 50% or more damage. Hey its my rp... :) Found out in Albion there are thoose cocktratice lure your enemy close to them let the bird mezz them as you go for the kill. :)

Btw me is back from me holidays.

Users who are viewing this thread