Router Firmware

T

throdgrain

Ive been having some problems connecting to RtCW-ET with mmy netgear router, and it seems I may have to update the firmware.
Thing is, how do I do that ?
I downloaded a zip file, but where does it go?
Help me out chaps :)

W

Will

From when I did it...

Open the zip, there will be two files inside. FTP into your router, and drop them in.

I'd recommend checking that on the Netgear site before you break stuff. And write down anything you have configured in your router.

C

Cdr

Taken from releasenotes.pdf

To reach the Upgrade menu, click Maintenance from the navigation bar on the left, and then click the
UPGRADE heading. To upload new firmware:
1. Download and unzip the new software file from NETGEAR.
2. In the Software Upgrade menu, click the Browse button and browse to the location of the binary (.BIN)
upgrade file.
3. Click Upload.
Note: When uploading software to the Model DG814 gateway, it is important not to interrupt the Web browser
by closing the window, clicking a link, or loading a new page. If the browser is interrupted, it may corrupt the
software. When the upload is complete, your gateway will automatically restart.

Hope this helps :D

T

throdgrain

Mnay thanks :) I couldnt open the .pdf file cos im a noob, what program opens that ?

T

throdgrain

Cheers !
you can tell I reformatted recently can't you :(

C

Chameleon

Your brain or your hard drive mate? :p

Hope it solves your et problem! Is it that beta one or have they released it in alpha now?

Must go ......... my head needs a defrag ;)

T

throdgrain

No m8, Im missing something rather obvious to everyone else, but invisible to me .
I cant find the navigation bar on the left, to quote the instructions :(

C

Cdr

Oh - ummm - I havent a clue then :(

Fraid I have a Belkin router - the only help I could offer was the extraction of the instructions :(

S

smurkin

Originally posted by throdgrain
No m8, Im missing something rather obvious to everyone else, but invisible to me .
I cant find the navigation bar on the left, to quote the instructions :(

Throd, I have the same router...are you having problems with acrobat or the router page ?

I updated recently...I just used the method cdr outlined above..just save the file and maintenance>upgrade in the router web page...remember to set the idle timeout to zero (or the router will go to sleep after the allocated time - in basic settings)

I am surprised you are having problems connecting to ET...imo the most likely reason for problems is the timeout...or...if your trying to access low ping only servers, the high ping error message (which is bullshit) :/

L

leggy

Throdster:

Open internet explorer and type in the IP address 192.168.0.1 into the address bar. It'll ask you for password details... enter this:

user: Admin
pass: password

When the page opens there will be a link to maintenance on the left. Click it.

There will be an option for you to browse for the file on the now recently opened webpage. Browse for it and apply. give it 5 seconds and viola!

Hope that wasn't too patronising.

Leggy

T

throdgrain

That wasnt too patronising at all Leggy, in fact it was EXACTLY what I hoped someone would tell me, thanks a million m8 :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom