Rolling a PURE RVR Char

Dakkath

Can't get enough of FH
:flame: Need opinions and ideas here as I'm outta inspiration...

If you were going to roll a 100%, Grade A, RPing maniac of a char, what would it be and why...

I rolled me a Pally, but non det tanks are kinda lacking...
I rolled an Earth Wiz but noone wants to grp it...
I rolled a smite cleric, no love there...

Do I really need to roll a merc, rejuv cleric, mini or sorc to get a grp these days?

We really do seem to be turning into a 4 class realm

<sits back and watches the flames roll in>

Chimaira

Can't get enough of FH
pala lacks det but are needed but there are so many around.

Roll Merc their pwn xD

Jenkz

Fledgling Freddie
mercs are a thing of the past, roll a spirit cab or sorc ;x

palas, clerics, always will be wanted, though you need at least ML8 on pala and ML5 on cleric really.

Corran

Part of the furniture
Dakkath said:
Do I really need to roll a merc, rejuv cleric, mini or sorc to get a grp these days?

Merc, cleric, theurg, mini, sorc, cabby (if you willing to set grps up yourself), pally, armsman (poler mostly), wizard (ice/fire but set grps up yourself again).

Dont really leave out many classes but will take effort from YOUR behalf. If you dont set up groups dont expect an instant invite really!

Eroda

Fledgling Freddie
I think a minstrel would be a good choice. You get to take part in stealth wars and group rvr then :)

Jenkz

Fledgling Freddie
Eroda said:
I think a minstrel would be a good choice. You get to take part in stealth wars and group rvr then :)

Aye, but im not entirely sure how viable/required they will be in 1fg gank squads come NF - with loss of AP, IP costing a fortune, passive truesight, removal of chokepoints in NF their use in the stealth war (or the existance of stealth war) may be diminished as well.

They are the only alb class with FZ for 1fg rvr tho, and AM for stealth wars will help - but will see i guess.

But yea, pala, sorc, cleric, mincer, and the above classes corran listed are all pretty rvr viable.

Cant really expect groups on an earth wiz, they have always been absolutely usless. Rumble was only earth wiz who managed to play successfully.

Ilum

Can't get enough of FH
Jenkz said:
Aye, but im not entirely sure how viable/required they will be in 1fg gank squads come NF - with loss of AP, IP costing a fortune, passive truesight, removal of chokepoints in NF their use in the stealth war (or the existance of stealth war) may be diminished as well.

They are the only alb class with FZ for 1fg rvr tho, and AM for stealth wars will help - but will see i guess.

How does losing AP and IP effect them in 1fg groups? Getting SOS on lower timer, AM as well just improves their utility imo. They may be a bit nerfed solo tho. Clerics is the only class that you simply can not skip in a group, Paladin / Minstrel / Sorcerer cover base utilities and are unlikely to be skipped. 2 clerics 1 Paladin 1 Minstrel 1 Sorcerer is the typical 5-man base of any Alb group. The rest can vary.

Vindicator

One of Freddy's beloved
Dakkath said:
:flame: Need opinions and ideas here as I'm outta inspiration...

If you were going to roll a 100%, Grade A, RPing maniac of a char, what would it be and why...

I rolled me a Pally, but non det tanks are kinda lacking...
I rolled a smite cleric, no love there...

Try Think of a Class you will play in NF. Because if you have to level him-Get him Artifacts-get ml8 min- lvl the artifacts and get rr5 you will have alot to do and NF will most certainly be here by then depending on your play style ^^.

So really this opens up pretty much every Class to you but for NF / Group combat the best choice's would be.

A Cleric- Depends if ya like heal'in and shit
A Sorc- If your not any good at this your group will die, so you better have skilz
A Minstrel- Its very important your good at this while not as much as a sorc thou. Fun class thou

Those 3 are a constant to any group really. Heals/ CC / Speed, the basis's. After that its very much open to debate etc.

A Merc would be good in a an offensively set group but lots of mercs is not good because of grapple / BG.

An Arms would be good as a BG'er / Offensive tank.

Reaver would be a Great BG'er / Offensive tank

Paladin is needed if playing in a tank group for deffinet and if a caster groups wants to win they need at least 1 BG'er and slammer ;).

.......... I could go on but I think you get what I mean here, every Class will be viable in certain ways with NF and the changing of those RA'S.

Personally I think the Following Class's are going to wtfpwnomgorz in NF generally.

Matter Cabby
Scout
Reaver
Painworking Necro :eek: <bonus points if you can tell me why :D>

Jenkz

Fledgling Freddie
How does losing AP and IP effect them in 1fg groups?

with loss of AP, IP costing a fortune, passive truesight, removal of chokepoints in NF their use in the stealth war

Doesnt, never said it did, doesnt help them solo/in stealth groups though.

You get to take part in stealth wars and group rvr then

Escape

Can't get enough of FH
Support classes are always needed; Cleric, Minstrel, Sorc... and Theu to some extent. Offensive classes are the ones that change to match 'fotm' setups. Choose those carefully, before investing any time in it. Cabalist, Icewiz, Merc - each work well in their own groups and you want to decide which setup you'll be playing in. So you need to find a guild/group to play with and see what they need. Without a guild/group, it doesn't matter which class you roll as random groups will take anything.

Or you could respec your cleric to 40R/36Smite and rvr with him instead. Clerics will always be needed and the higher RR the better with NF coming.

Sycho

Can't get enough of FH
Merc,theurg,caba,sorc,minstrel and inf.

Sadly that's the truth ;/

But with upcoming patches it's going to hard whatever you roll.

Mercs aren't a thing of the past either you just have to run different types of groups now or even work out ways to deal with Bodyguard(which i have) but grapple you can't counter(only by grappling them i think?).

Amuse

One of Freddy's beloved
Jenkz said:

palas, clerics, always will be wanted, though you need at least ML8 on pala and ML5 on cleric really.

Pallys needs ML8 to be WANTED in groups.. but pallys withoute MLs are also wanted.. the MLs in albion isnt realy that high.. hard to find a BG tank..

And as a cleric, you only need ML1 realy.. the group diseas cure..

ML5 for keep takes, but there is always other clerics around with mana font, so not realy a "need to have" skill.

Balbor

Fledgling Freddie
in NF you can port to keeps so doesn't really matter if your not FOTM. try to play your character they way you want, you can just stand in the keep and AOE bast everything with spells or siege weapons if you like.

Balbor

Fledgling Freddie
Amuse said:
Pallys needs ML8 to be WANTED in groups.. but pallys withoute MLs are also wanted.. the MLs in albion isnt realy that high.. hard to find a BG tank..

And as a cleric, you only need ML1 realy.. the group diseas cure..

ML5 for keep takes, but there is always other clerics around with mana font, so not realy a "need to have" skill.

some master levels only reliy at least one person having it so don't get drawn into the can't RvR unless RR5 ML5 min comments

SoulFly

Can't get enough of FH
Minstrels are useless in NF when it comes to stealthing.

Dreami

Fledgling Freddie
Jenkz said:

Aye thing of the past. That's probably why we farmed around 50k RP yesterday in 3-4h.

Jenkz

Fledgling Freddie
Thats your high RR group, though :x

Bit difficult for some guy posting on FH asking what char to play and saying roll a merc cause you can farm 50k rp in 3hr.

Sure mercs are not usless, just they are not the ONLY option anymore - which they were basically pre ToA (cast speed, cast damage, resist pierce, extra HPs helped casters somewhat), and I wouldnt say they are the most destructive setup anymore either.

Kalthorine

Fledgling Freddie
jnh said:
the problem is you think paladins are a tank :\
Excellent point jnh... perhaps a better description of a pally would be a blockbot-chantychap-ENDfont-backuprez. Bit of a mouthful tho :D

Martok

Part of the furniture
hay guys if us TLW can run pbaoe groups with succsess you lot blody well can too :flame:

but nah roll spirit cabby imo they are fun specialy with a sorc friend.

Sobek

Fledgling Freddie
SoulFly said:
If you want to stealth around without IP and AP, go ahead :x

Not to forget 800 range passive TS 8]

50% ip on 15min timer, dont mind that, pbaoe pet mezz, goodbye hunter pet, then the hunter/ranger can put what.. 2-3 arrows into you.. for what 150-300 a go? Archers need to sacrifice ALOT for perma truesight.. high rr archers are gonna be nasty.. low rr, is gonna be a hell for them :rolleyes:

NeonBlue

Fledgling Freddie
Equendil said:
Who died and made spirit cabbies FOTM ?

dunno but kinda sad...that Albion has only just realised the potential of cabbies....

always liked duoing with urs Equendil...shame we didnt get to do it more often...and shame i never got mine 50

Equendil

Fledgling Freddie
NeonBlue said:
dunno but kinda sad...that Albion has only just realised the potential of cabbies....

always liked duoing with urs Equendil...shame we didnt get to do it more often...and shame i never got mine 50

You delete characters too fast :)

How's life in Midgard ?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom