Help roller coaster fear

tris-

Failed Geordie and Parmothief
anyone got some top tips to getting over this?

ive only managed the following roller coasters -

wooden big dipper
cork screw
thunder mountain (or something, at flamingo land)

what im scared of is the initial hill bit, its a horrible feeling. like i will fall out one way or another. usually when im under some heavy Gs i cant breath either which makes me panic a bit.

this summer i just want to get over it and hopefully try out some more hardcore rides.

my aim is to eventually go on this -

Bullet (Flamingo Land Theme Park & Zoo)

megadave

I am a FH squatter
Bill Murray is awesome :D

I'd agree doing it is probably the best way, atleast rollercoasters isnt really something that'll affect your life :)

Marc

FH is my second home
You hate roller coasters, but you love flying. Am I right? Im the opposite lol.

Only way to overcome any fear is face it.

Meggey

Fledgling Freddie
Bach seed remedy, they sel it @ chemists. You spray it on your tongue and it relieves nerves anxiety etc. I'm going to get some when i do my driving test. I dont know if it works but i work in a chemist and alot of people buy it for flying, doing tests etc. Its supposed to be really good.

Any ride in the world i could go on i love them. I usedto be like yourself and couldnt go on rides. Just think to yourelf its only a ride, and it will ony last one minute. Thats how i overcome the fear, and when you get the off you think WOW. Reece is the same as you (Laddey). We went to alton rides not so long ago, and that place has some massive rides. I managed to get him on a few and he enjoyed himself, others i couldnt tempt him.

Next time you go to a theme park though try the spray i said.

You ever been to Florida, WOW the rides there are out of this world. Wouldn't recommend it though if youve got a fear or rides.

Levin

Can't get enough of FH
Or you could do the sensible thing...

... stay on the fucking ground!!!!!111 Seriously, why risk your life in a stupid... contraption built by man, and bound to lose a bolt on the 30 546th ride.. which happens to be just the one you were on!

It's madness... and NO it's NOT SPARTA! Spartans would stay on the ground too. :(

Ezteq

Queen of OT
lol i go grandpa simpson whenever i do stuff like this, i just sit there and think "meh" and make a really unimpressed face even if im scared/excited whatever i just act all grumpy and not bothered i find it really really helps.

it helped me to go on this bastard and tbh that was one scarey mofo!

Dreamworld - Big 6 Thrill Rides - Tower of Terror

Meggey

Fledgling Freddie
Or you could do the sensible thing...

... stay on the fucking ground!!!!!111 Seriously, why risk your life in a stupid... contraption built by man, and bound to lose a bolt on the 30 546th ride.. which happens to be just the one you were on!

It's madness... and NO it's NOT SPARTA! Spartans would stay on the ground too. :(

Very unlikely to happen

Ezteq

Queen of OT
NOO0oooooo rofl

you evil bastard lol

thats like getting a little kid to watch Jaws then taking them swiming

Lamp

Gold Star Holder!!
thats like getting a little kid to watch Jaws then taking them swiming

How else are you going to out-swim a shark if you don't take them to swimming lessons ? Contrary to popular myth, punching a great white shark on the nose aint going to stop it chasing you

Ezteq

Queen of OT
How else are you going to out-swim a shark if you don't take them to swimming lessons ? Contrary to popular myth, punching a great white shark on the nose aint going to stop it chasing you

you just add a little tonic :)

YouTube - sharks Mike Rutzen
[youtubevid]G4LgFyDkWoU[/youtubevid]

(google shark tonic immobility for more amazing videos!)

Ingafgrinn Macabre

Can't get enough of FH
Dude, those things are made according to strict safety regulations. Nothing can go wrong.
So, don't worry, sit back and relax, and remember, don't puke at the top of the looping, because it'll just hit you in the face 20 meter lower :)

Ezteq

Queen of OT
rofl ewww

yeah Trissy-baby dont worry about it, i mean shit think how many times youve been on an aeroplane tbh! and you drive a car dont you, i mean god thats dangerous! and you live in Middlesbrough...thats really dangerous :p

Levin

Can't get enough of FH
Dude, those things are made according to strict safety regulations. Nothing can go wrong.

Famous last words. :)

Several things HAVE gone wrong at various theme parks around the world. Among others at our very own Liseberg here in Gothenburg. No fatalities that I can remember, but being being stuck upside down for hours etc is bad enough imo. And in Canada we visited a place where they had had a fatal accident some years before.

Marc

FH is my second home
There have been a few fatalities at blackpool pleasure beach. One resulted in a ride being shut down and dismantled, the others were the fault of the passenger, ie, fucking about, trying to stand up etc when you should be sat down at all times.

Laddey

FH is my second home
There have been a few fatalities at blackpool pleasure beach. One resulted in a ride being shut down and dismantled, the others were the fault of the passenger, ie, fucking about, trying to stand up etc when you should be sat down at all times.

One young lad lost his head

Golena

Fledgling Freddie
The thing about the first bit on rollercoasters is by the time you get to that bit your fear is rather meaningless because getting out isn't something that's going to look much more appealing.

What your actually doing is psyching yourself out in the queue. If you go with mates, just don't look at the ride while waiting for it. Find something to chat about that distracts you until your firmly fastened in and can't do crap about it anway. If you get off any enjoyed it the second time will be much easier. If you hated it, well stay on the ground.

Golena

Fledgling Freddie
Famous last words. :)

Several things HAVE gone wrong at various theme parks around the world. Among others at our very own Liseberg here in Gothenburg. No fatalities that I can remember, but being being stuck upside down for hours etc is bad enough imo. And in Canada we visited a place where they had had a fatal accident some years before.

If you've ever got in a car then this argument sort of loses it's point. Yeah things can go wrong, but like flying in a plane you only hear about it because it gets made a big deal off the one time in 1,000,000 that it actually happens.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Megadave fail, megafail i guess, that's no rollercoaster and that's a WOMAN not a fat kid.

Christ almighty.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom