Roleplay?

Mairghead

Fledgling Freddie
A well established Hibernian on Excal told me recently that there is no such thing as roleplay on that server and that folks actively hate it.

Is that really the case? No roleplay whatsoever in any shape or form in a guild somewhere?

I'm not looking to join a guild with my /levelled alts on Hib Excal as I and a few friends have a tiny guild there already, but I'm just wondering if the number of like-minded souls on the server is really as low as people seem to be telling me?

Boni

Fledgling Freddie
Its all true, excalibur is filled with powergamers who dislike roleplaying and roleplayers.

MTMag

Fledgling Freddie
Mairghead said:
A well established Hibernian on Excal told me recently that there is no such thing as roleplay on that server and that folks actively hate it.

Is that really the case? No roleplay whatsoever in any shape or form in a guild somewhere?

I'm not looking to join a guild with my /levelled alts on Hib Excal as I and a few friends have a tiny guild there already, but I'm just wondering if the number of like-minded souls on the server is really as low as people seem to be telling me?
When I first came to DAoC, I wasn't sure what to expect but I had a mental image of it being not unlike a huge tabletop D&D game (oh how wrong I was). What I got was a bunch of lvl50's saying no bodyguard no group and an army of leet speakers whos idea of fun is to sit by Fins 24/7 and sneer at everyone for asking what they are doing.

I know there are a few people on hib excal who enjoy roleplay but there is never any cause to lose yourself in the character in this game as the second you group up with other people (that is supposing you meet there ever more stringant requirement levels) you get people asking why you are talking like that and then when you answer you get giggled at and told to grow up by 10 year old leet speaking goits.

I seem to gone a bit off topic there. suffice to say Roleplay has been crushed out of the game and not just on excal by the diversity of players in both attitude and age. just take a look at all those buffbots and ask yourself are these people actually prepared to interact with others on the server except for when/ what suits them ?

oblimov

Luver of Buckfast
what was the name of that guild again that was all roleplayers on hib excal?

has some really really nice people in that guild and all they did was RP all day

I quite like RPing but yeah you dont really get the opportunity to do it without peeps screaming l33t lfg and talking about RL

although sometimes when the goa events come the rp is good :D

gunner440

Hey Daddy Altman
pagan death cult is a roleplay guild

they all play the role of idiots especially nuked cos he likes limp bizkit

except brack

oh and skovhugger

Nuked

Fledgling Freddie
hi i'm nuked and i like limp bizkit! i roleplay as 1 of the band members, i especially like playing drums n stuff

oblimov

Luver of Buckfast
i wub u gunz

and u luv roleplay or else u wouldnt wear that dress at the weekends

Muhadib

Fledgling Freddie
hmmmm, is it just me, or are there more who think that RP is still alive.
Well, i started not that long ago and i loved(still love) the quests.
My gf always asked me if i really read all those message i get while doing the quest and she asked my why i even bother!
I bother because behind every quest is a story behind.
Some of them are quite interesting.

Well, i guess there are cpl of ppl who enjoy RP.
Me myself come from MUD's and AD&D so I am already addicted to roleplay.

And there are still some RP events.
I loved the hunt for Eltir our luri betrayer. :p
IMO, it makes this game more fun to role play.

In the end, the pure ones who play DAoC for rvr you will never see RP.
Cause in rvr there is no time for such things.

Still wondering if the guild 'random roleplayers' just is called that way or if they really are role players.

Ajeroth

Fledgling Freddie
I'm sure Na Fianna used to be a roleplay guild, although not quite as strictly IC permanently like the Order of the Knights Templar. No idea whether they still are.

Chensin, ML10 spymaster
Serusen, ML8 Sojourner

Vodkafairy

Fledgling Freddie
Ajeroth said:
I'm sure Na Fianna used to be a roleplay guild, although not quite as strictly IC permanently like the Order of the Knights Templar. No idea whether they still are.

Chensin, ML10 spymaster
Serusen, ML8 Sojourner

nf never really was a roleplaying guild and it died a long time ago. there was a roleplaying guild called the Kindred, but they died out when the core quit and people started joining other guilds.

there's a roleplaying guild in alb/exc (forgot name) but that's as far as it goes for RP on excal i think :x

Shirel

Fledgling Freddie
Vodkafairy said:
nf never really was a roleplaying guild and it died a long time ago. there was a roleplaying guild called the Kindred, but they died out when the core quit and people started joining other guilds.

Effendor will be upset to hear you saying Na Fianna is no more ;) And, no we were never a roleplaying guild.

Ziz

Fledgling Freddie
give roleplay QQ

i spend most time not in school or on DAoC roleplaying now gimme some DAoC roleplaying to

Danya

Fledgling Freddie
gunner440 said:
pagan death cult is a roleplay guild

they all play the role of idiots especially nuked cos he likes limp bizkit

except brack

oh and skovhugger
:<
I hate you now gunz. :eek:

gunner440

Hey Daddy Altman
but danya you are teh s3x.

you are obviously not included in the idiot category

<3

Kiiz

Fledgling Freddie
Nuked said:
hi i'm nuked and i like limp bizkit! i roleplay as 1 of the band members, i especially like playing drums n stuff

can i join? iv been told i look like brad pitt, so make we can start a boy band?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom