Roleplay guild

Seia

Fledgling Freddie
Hey I just joined this site so umm...Hi. Anyway I played Daoc yonks ago and my dad is currently trying to re-activate our account so currently I cannot play :mad: tragic hmm? Anywho the reason I stopped playing before was because the europian version of daoc had no roleplay server, wich i thrive off so i thought why not start a rp guild??? Gasp! what if no one joined so I came here to get your opinion?

Nxs

One of Freddy's beloved
Albion, Prydwen - Order of The Knights Templar

The best roleplaying guild on any server i've been on - sadly it was just too much for me to roleplay all the time.

Although there is no roleplay server as such, prydwen does seam to have more roleplayers in my opinion,

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
the choir on alb/excal (a bit smaller than the order of the knights templar mind you) and artisans of willow on hib/pryd are some others - are there any mid RP guilds?

Vesania

Fledgling Freddie
I think there are some other RP guilds out there as well as us Templars. Rosicrucians used to be one - I think they are still going.

It all really depends on your taste and playing style. However, if Alb/Pry is your destination, don't hesitate to get in touch with a Templar if you'd like to explore that possibility. I hope you have fun wherever you end up! :D

blejs

Loyal Freddie
amazons of midgard on mid/pryd i think are roleplayers to

Nxs

One of Freddy's beloved
Flimgoblin said:
the choir on alb/excal (a bit smaller than the order of the knights templar mind you) and artisans of willow on hib/pryd are some others - are there any mid RP guilds?

nerf your sig, i have to terminal serve onto our proxy to get to these boards, its only 800x600 res and your sig screws that up... /slap hehe

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
Nxs said:
nerf your sig, i have to terminal serve onto our proxy to get to these boards, its only 800x600 res and your sig screws that up... /slap hehe

blame archeon :) I think it probably is time to change it though ;)

Darkchylde

Fledgling Freddie
I would love to play in a roleplay guild on mid/exc if anyone is interested in making one

fl3a

Can't get enough of FH
join sign of the hammer on camlann, they roleplay lotr!

Archeon

Fledgling Freddie
Flimgoblin said:
blame archeon :)

Oh sure, its my fault you steal my quotes. Damned theif, i'm going to hunt you down and steal your milk-money! :p

Oidche

Fledgling Freddie
fl3a said:
join sign of the hammer on camlann, they roleplay lotr!

Since we're not in middle earth, that must be the most crappy roleplaying guild ever :) And what is roleplaying, naming yourself Aragorm, Llegolas and Grandalf? :p

Medea

Fledgling Freddie
<curtsies>
Greetings! As a few pointed out the Order of the Knights Templar may be a good place for you to find company for your adventures and your nights on the town!

Look forward to meeting you, should you decide to venture our way.

Oro

Fledgling Freddie
While things Templars do does not suit everyone (myself included, though I still have a char in there - I let rip at them at times ;)) they remain one of the best PvE guilds on Alb/Pryd and if you can handle permanent roleplay might be a good choice.

Rosicrucians are still around, have spoken to them recently on some of the silliness I've organised and yes, all seem thoroughly nice peeps.

I think you'll find there are roleplayers in most guilds. Just not permanently on roleplay as it were.

Seia

Fledgling Freddie
There is also another option of ordering an american version of the game, I do belife that already has roleplay servers? Or would it not work on my computer for some reason?

Oidche

Fledgling Freddie
Lots of players from the UK and some other countries (Netherlands for instance) play on the US servers. Should work just fine.

Velimos McDuff

Fledgling Freddie
It should work.. but there american why on earth would you want to play with them :flame: The prob is with playing on US servers is if your from europe you have to ither stay up late or get up realy early to get a group as there peek time is in our earlyer morning...

Seia

Fledgling Freddie
Oh good point... Hmm maybe some people stay up late or wake up realy early oll just have to be extra nice to them? :)

Aran Thule

Fledgling Freddie
Hiya, sorry i havent spoken before but i normally only skim through FH forum and hadnt seen this thread.

As someone mentioned the Artisans of Willow are a roleplay guild on Hibernia/Prydwen.
If you fancy giving the green fields a go then give us a shout, hib/pry might be underpopulated but we have a very nice community and tend to use prydwen.net rather then FH.

AoW also have thier own forums with several stories running.
Feel free to visit the Willow Tavern at Http://www.tavernsofcamelot.com
Blood Price is almost finished and is a very good read in my opinion (but then im biased<grin>)

Danya

Fledgling Freddie
Nxs said:
Albion, Prydwen - Order of The Knights Templar

The best roleplaying guild on any server i've been on - sadly it was just too much for me to roleplay all the time.

Although there is no roleplay server as such, prydwen does seam to have more roleplayers in my opinion,
Templars are just just a front for a devious cybersex gang! :eek:

Turamber

Part of the furniture
Wouldn't recommend the US servers for roleplay. Even with dedicated servers intended for roleplay use there is very little of it that goes on. In any event most roleplay in online games seems to fall into the lowest common denominator of 'who is shagging who'.

Another problem that raises it's head is foreign nationals and lesser educated people roleplaying with pseudo-intellectuals. "Roleplay" can descend into arguments over grammar and the usage of abbreviations which the foreigners et al think are English, but the pseudo-intellectuals get into a tizz about.

I still think the best roleplaying is done face-to-face. If you are going to play a computer game just play the game for what it is.

Darkchylde

Fledgling Freddie
roleplaying in a computer game gives it that little extra something... :)

cougar

Fledgling Freddie
Darkchylde said:
roleplaying in a computer game gives it that little extra something... :)

cant roleplay irl all the time,atleast gives some comfort while u wait for next vampire live

Escape

Can't get enough of FH
What Turamber said... Alot of 'roleplayers' get mixed up with online relationships and you'll see others trying to outsmart lesser roleplayers so they can feel smug until they logout.

You don't need to be in a roleplay guild to roleplay. I'll RP when I feel like it and depending on the situation(my buffbot is a hardcore roleplayer though oO). It's probably dangerous to roleplay fulltime, so I prefer to keep a balance.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom