Rogue Trooper

inactionman

Can't get enough of FH
Got this for my PC yesterday, been a while since I last played an FPS (Quake 4, which was meh). Was a fan of 2000AD in my youth, and it definitely fits in with what I remember (and is better than the demo of the Dredd game I played). Hoping for a ABC Warriors game now, or a Strontium Dogs one.

It's fun, but you can tell it was designed with consoles in mind (it's pretty easy, got a fair way through in a single sitting, and I've only had to reload in a timed section). Seems a nice mix of action, stealth and tactics, not bad for £18.

I like the enhancements your Biochip buddies give you (your rifle can become a Sentry gun, your helmet can create a holo diversion, your backpack manufactures ammo, etc.), especially like the fact that you basically have one gun (with a bunch of addons to make it a shotgun, grenade launcher, sniper rifle, missile launcher, or meh beam weapon) which can be silenced for a accuracy/range penalty, plus a pistol (for when your gun is a turret), and make any ammo you like based on the salvage you collect.

Anyone else picked it up?

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
I've been waiting to see a proper review. My 2000AD fanboi gland wants me to go out and get this, but Dredd v. Death was pish so I didn't want to get burned again.

inactionman

Can't get enough of FH
I had exactly the same thoughts, but then I realised that it was only £18, and if I didn't like it, I could always give it to a nephew!

inactionman

Can't get enough of FH
Wow, it is short. First proper boss fight is the last boss! Finished it on my second sitting (~8 hours played). Hmmm....

Fun game, but far too short!

Users who are viewing this thread