Roger Wilco Base Station Hosting?

O

old.psyder

Does anyone know any peeps who do Roger Wilco Hosting?

It would be nice to have a central Base Station because if our cable players are away we can't communicate (NAT and Firewall problems).

Cheers

psyder

P.S. I would post this on the rtcw.co.uk forums but they is down :(

W

wildthang

I believe that dedicated public servers used to be available where you could host your channel free of charge. However, good old GameSpy decided that it wasn't in their best interests to provide this service and took the public dedicated wilco servers down. There was some talk of a deal being reached to get a server running again, but that was a few months ago and I've not heared bugger all since.

If you do find anything, gimme a shout matey as I'd love to have this option for hosting Wilco too.

B

bigbb

BW used to, but that died some time ago. I'll sniff about as well.

O

old.psyder

Easy Guys,

Thanks for the replies :)

I got this message from lchost.co.uk but it don't seem to work for me :(

The server is running on the address storm.lchost.co.uk - to ensure you don't run into other people, simply affix a 'channel name' on the end of the address to get your own place to communicate. Plus, if the first person entering the channel uses a password, a password gets set for the duration of their visit which all other entrants have to use. An example of a proper
address for you to use might be:

storm.lchost.co.uk/the-rtcw-clan

or whatever takes your fancy. Note that all of the above should be entered in the address/hostname box in roger wilco.

Will keep on searching :)

Cheers

psyder

P.S. Are there any alternatives to Wilco that might be hosted somewhere?

W

wildthang

Thanks for the heads up on that one.. didn't work for me either unfortunately. The search continues.

N

nocte

erm... what was the whole point in your post ShadowBlood??

Users who are viewing this thread