ROG pays off!

C

Cap'n Sissyfoo

Woah! There I was thinking that the ROG drops were generally pretty shoddy, like that staff I got that has +3 to soul rending and +3 to smiting :rolleyes:, but last night my friend got an UBER drop!

I don't remember the stats exactly but here goes...

Plate chest piece
+19 con
+4 shield
~something~
~something~

Pretty bog standard...nowt special there. But...

AF 102!!
Qua 98!!
Bon 35%!!

Holy scha-MOLY!! Has anyone ever had a ROG drop coming close to that level of quality? I was really impressed with that drop!

F

Flimgoblin

think they can be quite good if they drop from high level monsters....

but nice :)

B

Belomar

See Pin's thread on the SS Alliance raid into Krondon last night. We got some really nice items, including a 100% af 102 (non-ROG) leather jerkin. Best ROG drop of the night must have been the 53 utility ring with 19 con, 7% heat/matter/crush. Ubah!

S

Sibanac

It droped of a none named around the cabalist Tower in dales, we also had a pretty nice flail (imbue and util) and a bunch of lesser crap

D

dakeyras

Got 2 pieces of af98/98% qual/35 bonus leather drop in 1 kill from Telsar. As he was orange to 44 I was quite impressed with the qual and bonus. Some nice stat rings aswell.

Drop rates for the lower nameds like Devmer/Telsar/Gorvas seem low but some of the stuff is really good for the 40's as you save cash for buying your SC suit.

W

-Wedge-

I've had AF102, 98% Qual Plate & Chain drops... No 99% yet, but most of the stats on it are crap...

One thing its nice for, salvaging... 200g for a body-piece is nice ;)

P

Pin

In general, ROG armour and weapons are somewhat below par. Sometimes you get really lucky on stats or quality, but as they can't have procs or charges added (ROG doesn't provide those itself) you can generally do a whole lot better with crafted.

Jewelry, on the other hand, can be excellent. Particularly in Albion where we're short on things like rings and belts and most SC templates end up using DF rings at 36 util and granite belt at 32 util :rolleyes:

So last night we were pleasantly surprised by this ring while raiding Krondon which would make it into almost anyone's SC template:

Effect 1: 7 Heat Resist
Effect 2: 7 Matter Resist
Effect 3: 7 Crush Resist
Effect 4: 19 Constitution
Utility: 54.7

Rule is, the higher level the mobs, the better the stats you get. There is variance on what you get (though this is greatly reduced in future patches along with the drop rate, level of bonuses and quality of items) so sometimes you win the lottery ;)

We also got another ring of ~45 util, a couple of belts at 40+, and some jewels ~50.

(Armour and weapons are still best salvaged ;) )

J

Jiggs

have seen three nice pieces: a belt with +5reju, Con and 2 resists, a jem which had +5air on it and some AF102 98% studded sleeves (also from tesla or whatever he is called) whihc i gave to a scout in guild, better than epic ones iirc

A

**Aligro**

Originally posted by Sissyfoo
Woah! There I was thinking that the ROG drops were generally pretty shoddy, like that staff I got that has +3 to soul rending and +3 to smiting :rolleyes:, but last night my friend got an UBER drop!

I don't remember the stats exactly but here goes...

Plate chest piece
+19 con
+4 shield
~something~
~something~

Pretty bog standard...nowt special there. But...

AF 102!!
Qua 98!!
Bon 35%!!

Holy scha-MOLY!! Has anyone ever had a ROG drop coming close to that level of quality? I was really impressed with that drop!

hoges/lindons?

B

belth

Telsar drops nice leather for mostly friars, I think I've 3 pieces of 98 qua and 1 93 qua one... All but 1 has friar-skills :p Tough kill due to being quite heavily buffed mob. He drops a variety of non-unique rings too, around 32 uv all, which isn't that good for a lvl49/50 ring :( They're class-specific though.

D

Danya

Pin, there's Scurceol's Belt, it's decent. ;)
As for rings, yeah albion has nothing decent really.

P

Pin

Originally posted by Danyan
Pin, there's Scurceol's Belt, it's decent. ;)
As for rings, yeah albion has nothing decent really.

Yes, Scurceol's belt (both versions) is decent. Shame the resists on it clash somewhat with th epygmy jewel, DF necklace and bracer quest bracers. Oh, and then there's the current problems with actually getting it. Ahh well... next patch :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom