Rant rofl

tris-

Failed Geordie and Parmothief
anyone see the show about benefits system? some crack head bint defrauded it. then applied for a different benefit. got found guilty in court. her punishment is to pay £9 a week from hew new benefit!

no wonder everyone is a fucking useless bastard these days. you dont need to do anything. she even said im just gonna do it to get whats owed. she told the assesors she isnt going to look for work. still got it. still fuckin got the money shot right in her aids infested ring piece.

i have to wonder why am i bothering working shit job after shit job for the last 5 years? i could just sit at home and inject heroin all day on behalf of the government.

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
Yep I saw it. What a fucking waste of time. If you are found guilty of defrauding the system you should be forced to pay it back and be denied access to the system.

Think of the cost of the investigation as well, all for £9 a week.

Laddey

FH is my second home
I got caught pissing down a guinel once. I got an £80 fine and had to pay it back in 2 weeks, i had no job and no income!

Wasters

tris-

i cant believe it my self, its just fucking terrible. keeping in mind that qatada **** whos getitng benefits too.

the investigators wage is probably more than 9 AN HOUR, never mind paying back 9 A WEEK.
add to that she defrauded 1,500 off the tax payer.

Mey

Part of the furniture
I have been of the opinion for quite some time now that there should be conditions for benefits. Firstly you have had to pay into the system for a mininum of 6 months before you can claim from it, secondly once claiming from the system you are required to work for the benefit of the public for 18 hours (6 hours a day for 3 days the other 2 days being used for applying/looking for future employment) (Additional labour for public parks/gardens, additional street sweepers, public toilet cleaning etc..). Finally at the end of the year anniversiary of your first beneft claim (in that term of unemployment) your benefits drop by some randomly generated percentage (lets say 10%) if you have failed to find employment during that time.

Bahumat

FH is my second home
I have been of the opinion for quite some time now that there should be conditions for benefits. Firstly you have had to pay into the system for a mininum of 6 months before you can claim from it, secondly once claiming from the system you are required to work for the benefit of the public for 18 hours (6 hours a day for 3 days the other 2 days being used for applying/looking for future employment) (Additional labour for public parks/gardens, additional street sweepers, public toilet cleaning etc..). Finally at the end of the year anniversiary of your first beneft claim (in that term of unemployment) your benefits drop by some randomly generated percentage (lets say 10%) if you have failed to find employment during that time.

That's a nice idea, but there's too many "but what about...." things to mess it up. Sucks that they get away with all this fraud.

Maeloch

Part of the furniture
I didn't see this, but saw the one last week about the guy from South Wales and his 20 kids. He'd been claiming sickness benifit for the last 6yrs due to 'alcoholism' and 30grand a year in kiddie allowance. Nice work if you can get it.

Some of them were good kids, but the lads were going around flogging stolen metal down the local knackers yard. Halfway thru the documentary, all the plumbing 'mysteriously' went 'missing' from their house. After half a week with no water, they council had to find them all emergency housing at tax payers expense.

Was fucking hilarious prog if anyone saw it, but you'd be shouting at the TV.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
I think it should be like this(disability etc not included):

You work.
You pay taxes.
You loose job.
You get paid support for the amount of taxes you've paid.
When money gone(amount you've gathered by working), it's gone, nada for you.

Student gets free housing(if attends school regularly) and enough money for food.

It's simple and works.

Uara

Part of the furniture
Thats fine if you've been working for a fair amount of time and you've managed to build up a fair cushion of taxes to get back to you.

But then you've got the problem that if your relatively young then your going to be boned, as you won't have had much of a chance to build up this cushion. Even if your looking for a job your still going to be bent over and raped by tht system

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Thats fine if you've been working for a fair amount of time and you've managed to build up a fair cushion of taxes to get back to you.

But then you've got the problem that if your relatively young then your going to be boned, as you won't have had much of a chance to build up this cushion. Even if your looking for a job your still going to be bent over and raped by tht system

Then you better make sure you work long enough to get a cushion that's big enough.

There's ofcourse a need for "leaving school" package, that you can find a job to begin with, but then on end it's go time.

Thorwyn

FH is my second home
You work.
You pay taxes.
You loose job.
You get paid support for the amount of taxes you've paid.
When money gone(amount you've gathered by working), it's gone, nada for you.

This would be ok if there was enough work for everbody and if you (i.e. the person in question) were always in control of your job situation. However, that´s not how it is.
There IS not enough work for everybody. The idea of full-employment for everybody is a myth. This tit-for-tat solution is just not fair, because it doesn´t take the circumstances into consideration.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
This would be ok if there was enough work for everbody and if you (i.e. the person in question) were always in control of your job situation. However, that´s not how it is.
There IS not enough work for everybody. The idea of full-employment for everybody is a myth. This tit-for-tat solution is just not fair, because it doesn´t take the circumstances into consideration.

And yet at times you're fcked 'cause the system isn't like that.

Point and baseline is; it's never gonna work with any system 'cause exceptions and different "situations" exist.

Only way for the system to work would be to increase the amount of civil servants handling the applications to make sure each case takes "moral and such other sobby stories" into consideration.

And the job situation is just what i tried to explain to some people before, but they don't listen 'cause "there's always jobs to be done" ;)

old.windforce

Part of the furniture
I wonder what % of taxes is actually given back to the people. I read somewhere that it is less then 60%.

tris-

there is always jobs to be done in most cases.

clean toilets
serve fast food
street cleaner

shit jobs, no doubt. thats why they always need people.

Uara

Part of the furniture
But then people go, oh I wouldnt want to do shitty jobs like that. However they're never skilled enough to do any proper jobs so they just scrounge off the state. They should just accept they need to do shitty jobs for a while.

Himse

FH is my second home
People think they are too good to do jobs like that.

When half the people are just nobs who think they should be earning ATLEAST 30k a year if not 40 in some high flying job when they got E's and F's at GCSE with no alevels or anything.

On the other hand, if people got those grades, just get on with it and work hard, they deserve to be in a high payed job.

Thorwyn

FH is my second home
Point and baseline is; it's never gonna work with any system 'cause exceptions and different "situations" exist.

But that´s not a matter of exceptions. It´s a known fact that if you have reached a certain age and lose your job (which is mostly not your fault), you simply won´t get a new job.

The question is: do we accept that a couple of leeches are blattanlty abusing the system, or are we willing to deny the innocent/willing people their share of wellfare, just to make sure the leeches aren´t gonna get more than they deserve?

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Not gonna go into the "there's always jobs" thing again...too troublesome.

But that´s not a matter of exceptions. It´s a known fact that if you have reached a certain age and lose your job (which is mostly not your fault), you simply won´t get a new job.

The question is: do we accept that a couple of leeches are blattanlty abusing the system, or are we willing to deny the innocent/willing people their share of wellfare, just to make sure the leeches aren´t gonna get more than they deserve?

Exactly.

Either way there's problems with the system, like i said. Unless, there's enough people to check all cases individually instead of through charts and protocols.

Uara

Part of the furniture
I dont think at the present moment in time any government is going to sort out the benefit situation. Unless of course they go with the idea of going fuck it, lets not give anyone any benefits what so-ever, they have to survive by their own means.

But thats not going to happen...

tris-

People think they are too good to do jobs like that.

my mam and dad worked these jobs and now my mam has ended up with 2 degrees and a high end job with the NHS. my dad has 2 foundation degrees and a skilled job. i think its these type of shit jobs that make you keep on pushing it with succeeding. you soon learn that youve gotta make things happen, because theres no fucking way you wanna do it forever!

ive been done this kinda shit for the last years now and theres no way i wanna do it again after this summer.

one time i was jet washing big bins for 8 hours a day!

Mey

Part of the furniture
But atleast you were working and making money.

I suppose the one bonus is people living on benefits are more likely to die early.

Winner!

Himse

FH is my second home
my mam and dad worked these jobs and now my mam has ended up with 2 degrees and a high end job with the NHS. my dad has 2 foundation degrees and a skilled job. i think its these type of shit jobs that make you keep on pushing it with succeeding. you soon learn that youve gotta make things happen, because theres no fucking way you wanna do it forever!

ive been done this kinda shit for the last years now and theres no way i wanna do it again after this summer.

one time i was jet washing big bins for 8 hours a day!

exactly, much respect to your parents.

they have actually TRIED to make a living, and suceeded out of it, others just give up before they even start and just make that weekly trip to the job centre to get their cash.

its waste.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Sh*t jobs should go for students and AUTOMATICALLY to unemployed who don't have training.

For example, i couldn't find any jobs like that, basic "give cash for labor", and government didn't offer any 'cause i had previous work experience.

I'm above no work, but the gov here atleast doesn't help you get them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom