Rocket Racing

Draylor

Part of the furniture
Yup, definitely cool.

The obvious reaction is 'hah, never gonna happen': but the same was true of the X-Prize which has of course been claimed.

Even if it is possible it seems like it would be too expensive, and probably too dangerous to be attempted more than once.

TdC

Trem's hunky sex love muffin
*wood*

I certainly see that happening :) also, for the first time in my life I saw commercial possibilities flash before me. "flaming XRace crashes part 43" anyone? :/

as a technology speedup it actually may well work, just like the races of today for cars and motorcycles influence the tech of tomorrow. Imo the faster this happens the better ;)

WPKenny

Resident Freddy
Looking at those pictures it just reminded me of a toy that was around when I was younger. Can't for the life of me remember the details but I'm sure it was based on rocket planes painted up in similar colours.

EDIT: I think I remember! They were polystyrene planes that had a hole in the middle. You put them on a blow pipe and shot them accross the room. /me goes googling.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Actualy they've done some jetplane racing in nevada if memory serves me correctly. Hope this catches fire...well...not the planes!

Whipped

Part of the furniture
Kinda just an extension of the Red Bull Air Races, which have been quite entertaining.

Would be some spectacular crashes though, although this may lead to developments of survivable plane crashes :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom