No idea Road Planning at its Finest...

Access Denied

It was like that when I got here...
Sounds like a good idea to me. Only a complete moron would just keep going at a blind junction. But then, sadly that describes 90% of the motorists in Britain.

Tom

I am a FH squatter
Many roundabouts have fences reducing visibility, oddly enough to improve traffic flow.

Wazzerphuk

FH is my second home
I also want to stab the person who synced the traffic lights on the A3 southbound between Elephant and Castle and Clapham.

They've done it in such a way that driving down this stretch of straight road takes around 20 minutes instead of 5 because you're forced to stop at nearly every junction, despite the fact there's very little traffic joining the road. This is particularly shit late at night and wastes so much time it's ridiculous. I don't get why they can't change the timings at night when it's less busy so there's actually some form of flow without you stopping every 20 seconds.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Many roundabouts have fences reducing visibility, oddly enough to improve traffic flow.

They're all over Nottingham even in the areas which have 40mph average speed cameras on dual carriageway. They do induce a feeling of being unsafe as you're approaching roundabouts. And we all know how humans react when forced out of their comfort zone...

I know the bird in the planning office responsible for this. I'd be absolutely staggered if she could hold a pen, never mind pronounce, spell or say her own name.

Tom

I am a FH squatter
I can see why they do it on roundabouts. At peak times, with clear views, you end up with a constant flow of traffic from one exit to the next. The barriers just slow traffic down so that people entering the roundabout from another exit have a better chance to proceed.

Gwadien

Uneducated Northern Cretin
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-surrey-16949122

So wait, their idea to improve the junction was to REMOVE VISIBILITY?!

Who the fuck comes up with such mental ideas?

There's one similar to this near me, to be fair, it was a good move, because it was a dead-straight road to the round about, and before they put up the thing that removes visibility, people were speeding down there, and causing accidents.. I mean, people will HAVE to slow down, then check, and if they have a accident at a slower speed, less chance of fatalities, but if you're going racer-boy mode around the round about, and then have an accident, you're fucked.

People should l2drive, and slow the fuck down at round abouts, it also caused a problem in the sense that there was a cautious driver in front, and then someone who wants to go faster behind them, the cautious driver slows down at the round about, whilst the guy behind speeds up, because he feels HE can make it.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
people will HAVE to slow down

They don't. People will have to choose to slow down to lower their chance of an accident. Those that don't make that choice will have an increased chance of accident.

I think the tactic will balance itself out - the majority will slow down, the minority won't. IMO there'll be at least as many accidents as before, but with the additional problem that the drive will become less pleasant for the majority as they get mollycoddled and forced to drive in a certain way....

Wazzerphuk

FH is my second home
But the changes have seen a rise in the increase in accidents. This was the point. :)

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Yup. Six in three weeks is a lot.

Generally, anything that gives humans less information is bad.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom