RM Question?

moeri

Fledgling Freddie
Hi,
Decided to try Excal and choose Mid as my realm. Rolled a RM yesterday and need some input on him. My end spec will be 47 dark/ 26 supp. I researched the viable specs through VN Boards knowing the yanks are a patch or two ahead. Seemed to be a viable class to play but not enjoying at all atm. Considering this class is the Nuker?? of Midgard then why so little damage? Resists are crazy 7 out of 10 snares resisted when first using it. Taking on con mobs:
Green: Bolt/Spec DD Will JUST!!! kill it before it reaches me.No snare wtf should i have to?
Blue: Melee involved mob arrives at my feet with a thrid of health still. If snare works can finish him without melee.
Yellow: Argghh!!! Talkin using most my power snaring atleast twice melee a givin and running to guards an option.
Oranges: :puke:

This is me currently at Lvl9. No BB involved, no uber gear just some gold a generous soul gave me to start. I'm doing kill tasks atm and need a high end RM to tell me it gets better!!! I dont expect to pwned everything i see and know resists are part of the game but its soul destroying atm. Are Rms needed(nearsightsight/pbt) in mid/excal or dead(melee for da win)?

Thanks for any input given.
PS /who all 395
/who runemaster 14 :eek6:

PPS My hotbar is set qickcast/minor runebot/lesser raven bolt/ entrapping rune/ rune of pitch/ debuffs.

ruudoniac

Fledgling Freddie
dunno much about RMs especially darkness specced one - all i now is that the most damage is done by runecarving rm's bolts - imo a nice specc to try is to go supression till u get grp pbt and go runecarving all the other points - but w8 for a rm to post cuz i am not so sure ;)

Big Ugly

Fledgling Freddie
i've never had a high lvl RM, but tried out one for thid....

bolt, nuke+resist debuff, nuke nuke seemed to work for me on blues/yellows..altho some kiting was requiered with higher yellows...so had to through in a root, run away a bit, nuke nuke dead

Lawless

Fledgling Freddie
<-- play dark rm atm 50dark/20sup, make around 500+ damg each nuke, and around 2sec cast time, thats with the 10% debuff.

Yes Rm are the next fotm class imo, i 3 shoot a thane unbuffed (both) and could easely kill a tank in 5+sec with caped speed (aint close to cap atm, still working on artis)

and looking at PvE, with my 11.3 damg add, and my nice dd+debuff nuke + the normal cold nuke, i can kill a red in 4-6 nukes, get him to around 50% before he get close up, then root, and bring him down... sometimes u arnt lucky tho, they can resist 99% of your nukes, but hey, thats my old fashion luck :eek7:

anyway, rm owns even with staff witht the dmg add :twak:

let those hibs/albs feel the freezing cold of your nukes :m00:

good luck lvling, its always a biatch! without PL in moderna, still 45-50 is most boring thing u can do

Got any questions msg me, mostly on my rm, Laishia

should add, most dmg i done in rvr is 1,4k.... didnt get ss tho =( dont like that, still 1,1k aint rare happens quite alot, like epic albs :worthy:

moeri

Fledgling Freddie
Thanks for quick responses. :)

Im currently full darkness. Had set my mind on spec for BG1 at Lvl24 for 21 dark/ 11 supp. Had a really icky feeling each lvl passing maybe RC may have been the way till 20 then respect? Probably soldier on with him. Just heard read alot of negative things about high spec RC.

Bjo

Fledgling Freddie
Since day one I've been 47RC 26Supp and I have never looked back on it, the bolts gives you good distance both in RvR and PvE, it is not common for me to take down oj mobs in 2 bolts (depending on hp/buffs and the array of realm abilities you have- having Wild Power 3 and Mastery of Magery 3 RA's help me out a lot here being a r6l2 RM). Plus you get the 10 second blade turn here which does provide some utility to RvR and PvE groups. Plus the GTAoE you recieve at lvl 43 is great for keep battles, as is the AoE spears you get.

This is still a sturdy spec giving you a broad range of utilities, plus when New Frontiers comes you'll be your guilds best friend becuase of all the keep action involved.

Anyway I hope you enjoy ur RM mate, I rarely get to use mine anymore but that'll all change soon I hope :)

Anyway if you wanna pm me in game feel free on my rm (Bjodald) or my healer (Bjos)

Snikch

Fledgling Freddie
Lawless said:
should add, most dmg i done in rvr is 1,4k.... didnt get ss tho =( dont like that, still 1,1k aint rare happens quite alot, like epic albs :worthy:

Erm impossible to make that damage with dark dd, even versus a level 1. Cap without +damage is 696. With 10% + damage it gets 760. Perfect crit on that is 380 so 1140 should be max. Or perhaps you are refering to bolts then i withdraw =).

I dont think rms ever will be fotm especially not darkness rms. For example, people will probably call darkness sm's spec for a gimpspec in group, still they get nearly the same damage (with lifetap mind you), a pet ghetto aoe mez and dex/qui debuff with a low str/con debuff in suppression.
Dark rms if 50/20 does get a nice damage add but id much rather have a dex/qui debuff and we also get group bubble and very ghetto nearsight.

Rms might get the potential soon, especially the suppression spec and darkcarver spec. I do however have this feeling that they need to be run in set groups to be really efficient. A friendly warning is that you and the thanes will be good friends at mpk since runemasters arent considered that good on mid/excal.

we do level nice without buffbots however, the runes of destruction line is good for soloing. Either bolt bolt root bolt bolt dd until dead on oranges and bolt bolt dd dd on yellows. It get easier when you level up a bit. Havent tried suppression in leveling but it should be pretty hard to level fast with. Darkness if fine aswell if you hit coldweak mobs.

GL mate

rivan

Fledgling Freddie
If you want to level solo as you are, spec into your Darkness, with just enough in Supp for Bladeturn. Darkness is ok if you hunt around for cold-weak mobs, but you lack the range of Runecarving, so you're less likely to finish off your mob before it gets to twatting distance.

Runecarving is the daddy of Runie soloing. Spec-Bolt, Base-Bolt, Spec DD once or twice and you'll drop your yellows, especially if you can find energy weak mobs. Similarly with some oranges, Bolt, Bolt, DD... wash, root and repeat. Despite what some people say, it's perfectly groupable too- you have your Debuffs, your base Speed, your Damage output.. and you can hold your own. I don't think there is such a thing as an ungroupable Runie, within reason.

Supp is nion impossible to solo with, in my experience. I had trouble even with greens in some situations. Really only for grouping, or backing up your main spec. Don't expect to be soloing oranges with it.

Lawless

Fledgling Freddie
Snikch said:
760. Perfect crit on that is 380 so 1140 should be max.

why is it 380? so far i made 99% crit dmg of base value a coupled of times, and btw, master of magery... :cheers:

and something called artis aswell

Gama

Fledgling Freddie
PvE crits can get up to 99% extra damage, but crits are capped at 50% versus other players, except zerkers when in vendo mode, and DoT spells with wild arcana RA....

Makarilli

Fledgling Freddie
I am not going to talk about crits, best choice, items or what else but simply tell my experience with a runie, the gamefun ;) because that is what really matters :) No fun, no gain.

I am a 47 RC 26 Supp Kobolt-runie and finding this to be the ultimate fun but getting him to 50 was not easy doing it without a BB or PL and most of the time playing him alone until I at 38 could go to H in Malmø and later lair. Doing a runie is a long hard road that way, it was a struggle with countless deaths but it left me with some pride and not totally without fun.
If you are going to do it mostly alone you will need to find the spots with slow approaching mobs who do not baf and add, fair spawn time and max con yellow and keep farming. Use the DaoC-book to find the mobs, avoid dungeons unless in grp.
The reward, if you like the runie, comes in RvR :wij: Even you will die alot the few occasions when you see your ae hit 20-40 enemies or a short serie of bolts finish off an attacker is ultimately joy. But as said it is not easy getting there and when playing RvR you need a good grp who knows you are fragile but also you can be a great support.
My personly experience also tells me you cannot be "casual" as Rm in RvR, letting the grp carry you around while you watch tv or go for a toast, you need to be very focused as an easy prey.
Runies are hard but very enjoyable and besides that they are very cute :clap:
Good luck with him m8, dont give up.

Trylle^nzi

Fledgling Freddie
Now I know that u're pretty much hooked up on the RM class(or might be..)

The fact is, that Runemasters aren't the first to get groups in RvR, even if they have 6sec pbt. Not saying that RMs aren't used at all in rvr, have seen some now and then, think it have been a little better with ToA.

So my first thought was, you speak alot about "nuking". Why not reroll(ye inno its a pain) from RM to SM? Go with Darkness specced SM untill lvl 40 or so. The SMs darkness line is just awesome! that lifetap nuke is too evil :) + you have your pet which can take a hit or 2(maybe more) for you.

I've seen a Black Company guy(Soulspirit) taken out a con red centaur without moving at all :)

Hope you pick the "right" class from the start.

Shrye

One of Freddy's beloved
Trylle^nzi said:
I've seen a Black Company guy(Soulspirit) taken out a con red centaur without moving at all :)

You can solo Nightmares in DF consistently as well, with a buffed dark sm.

Ralgedi Smurf

One of Freddy's beloved
Shrye said:
You can solo Nightmares in DF consistently as well, with a buffed dark sm.

yep you can even solo a few on the same time, quite fun tbh :)

Think max i survived was 5 red/orange/purple marhs/nightmares/succubu's but that was while leeching on a powerfont/heal font but still quite tough :)

Anyway about the RM, rm's are a really fun class to play enjoyed mine from the first lvl's and all the way to 50 :)

I have tried most specs viable for a rm and the spec i find most funny in general is 48RC rest dark, But some time back we had some fixed rm groups, and back then i was 50dark, and that was the best RvR fun i ever had!

So stick with your RM its great fun, but if you wanner try a SM its great fun aswell :)

Gl m8!

Indrid

Fledgling Freddie
all chars can be crappy at low lvls, atleast without a bb.

My runie is lvl 50, tried all specs, full RC, 47EC 26Sup, 50 Sup, 20 RC, 47 dark 26sup.

Atm im dark 47, 26sup. The nukes are insane. im capped with artifacts cast speed etc, and have buffbot, i can nuke purple mobs for 1k+ damage in Dodens Gruva with crit. Im only 4l7 but still nuke hard like hell, only have wild power 2. RC spec is really nice in rvr, but not in group rvr, bolts can be blocked, bolts can easy miss, but yeh, they do insane damage, and u can almost 2shoot every char without a shield in the game (casters 1shot), shield tanks can block ur bolts. Sup spec is v/nice for solo, cause u can snare the mobs AND root them + u have a nice nearsight and confusion that kills pets. Tho if u want to nuke hard with sup u need a dark SM with u to debuff energy. Dark runies, there u have your own debuff 10%, and u have the hardest nukes in midgard. Either go 47 for the last DD, or go 50 for the best AE. Its really nice to use when the hibs box up. The pbt aint used much in rvr anyway, in caster groups there are usually no skalds so u will have to play speed. And to use pbt in fights now that casters is fotm, aint that good. maybe help from a couple of tanks that slam, but it takes lots of power, and u will be main damage dealer/nuker so u need power.

if u take my advice u should go Dark 47(or50) and rest in sup. Then u will have nice nukes, u have confusion and nearsight a little snare and u have single fend, group fend (and 10sec pbt if u go 26). For solo and mostly group rvr u only use groupfend/single fend. Also when mezzed the fend wont help ur teammates (pbt).

RC is fun, but not _that_ good, nice bolts and nice debuff for teammates. Sup is also fun but better in pve for the fend. Dark is imo the most uber, nice damage and all the extra benefits, EXCEPT GTAoE for milegate camping and finding stealthers. But u can live without it....

Djiin/Indriid

Blitzing

Fledgling Freddie
Snikch said:
Erm impossible to make that damage with dark dd, even versus a level 1. Cap without +damage is 696. With 10% + damage it gets 760. Perfect crit on that is 380 so 1140 should be max. Or perhaps you are refering to bolts then i withdraw =).

I dont think rms ever will be fotm especially not darkness rms. For example, people will probably call darkness sm's spec for a gimpspec in group, still they get nearly the same damage (with lifetap mind you), a pet ghetto aoe mez and dex/qui debuff with a low str/con debuff in suppression.
Dark rms if 50/20 does get a nice damage add but id much rather have a dex/qui debuff and we also get group bubble and very ghetto nearsight.

Rms might get the potential soon, especially the suppression spec and darkcarver spec. I do however have this feeling that they need to be run in set groups to be really efficient. A friendly warning is that you and the thanes will be good friends at mpk since runemasters arent considered that good on mid/excal.

we do level nice without buffbots however, the runes of destruction line is good for soloing. Either bolt bolt root bolt bolt dd until dead on oranges and bolt bolt dd dd on yellows. It get easier when you level up a bit. Havent tried suppression in leveling but it should be pretty hard to level fast with. Darkness if fine aswell if you hit coldweak mobs.

GL mate
i must say, i have tried both RC and Dark RM and i like the Dark the best, the nukes are much faster and better damage, i had a lot of times where my bolts just say they miss. and yes more than 1100 damage is posible, with some good crit, i have dóne both 1300 and 1400

Indrid

Fledgling Freddie
Gama said:
PvE crits can get up to 99% extra damage, but crits are capped at 50% versus other players, except zerkers when in vendo mode, and DoT spells with wild arcana RA....

thats wrong. PvE crit can be more than 100%.. last night in Dodens i nuked a mob for 445damage and critted for 455 damage. I will try to get a screenie next time it happens. cause ive seen it happens many times like 3xx damage and 4xx damage in crit. Cant say ive seen it in PvP tho. But in pve its possible with harder nukes than that :)

Shrye

One of Freddy's beloved
Indrid said:
thats wrong. PvE crit can be more than 100%.. last night in Dodens i nuked a mob for 445damage and critted for 455 damage. I will try to get a screenie next time it happens. cause ive seen it happens many times like 3xx damage and 4xx damage in crit. Cant say ive seen it in PvP tho. But in pve its possible with harder nukes than that :)

More like you've misread it and switched those two numbers - first person I've heard, claiming crits can be above 100% ;) (which they can't, unless a bug is at work :p)

harebear

Fledgling Freddie
48rc 22dark 11sup i found quite nice, bolts are really cool and debuffs great.. can take down most people in a few hits, especially fully ToAed max cast speed etc casters r0x :clap:

living

Fledgling Freddie
I most say until level 20 u wanna go with Runecarving, i tried all specs up to lvl 10 back when we dident have the /level command, and both dark and supp dosent do enough damage at those levels, however the spec bolt in RC will (unless u get those misses, then u really gotta be a fast runner)

Bolts are great fun once u get the hang of it, (level 5 will suck but it gets better at level 6 if i remember correctly).

IMO go Runecarving, atleast until level 20.

[CE]Hjendug

Fledgling Freddie
Shrye said:
More like you've misread it and switched those two numbers - first person I've heard, claiming crits can be above 100% ;) (which they can't, unless a bug is at work :p)

On my healer i healed for 5xx and crittet for 7xx
But i dont know if it goes in the same cataghory as dmg

Runolas

Fledgling Freddie
harebear said:
48rc 22dark 11sup i found quite nice, bolts are really cool and debuffs great.. can take down most people in a few hits, especially fully ToAed max cast speed etc casters r0x :clap:

Jupp, that is the same spec I have on Uger - totally rox imo. I was 47RC/26SUPP before, but cold debuffing the baseline dark dd is uber.

Vindicator

One of Freddy's beloved
Indrid said:

You read it wrong mate.

pve = 99% damage crits
RvR= 50% Damage Crits unless in Vendo form then 99%

If you have a screen shot please do show because then you are playing a super Character Capable of 50% more Damage than the rest of us mere mortals :D

Lothandar

Fledgling Freddie
moeri said:
PS /who all 395
/who runemaster 14 :eek6:

PPS My hotbar is set qickcast/minor runebot/lesser raven bolt/ entrapping rune/ rune of pitch/ debuffs.

Can't be arsed to read the entire thread but what did you expect from a lvl 9 uncapped ickle cloth char? :).

Nothing special in yellows reaching you to melee. Low cast speed, low piety, low level.

Grymdaal

Fledgling Freddie
if u want fast levelling upto 20 then re-roll Rune Carving, think i took mine from 1-20 in less than 12hrs... using Aegirhamn Kill Tasks... since most of the mobs you KT are blue green (even grey) 2 bolts = dead mob.. onto next one.. then re-roll at 20 to Dark/supp whatever... but seriously RC is the way to go b4 20...the bolts dmg make up for the lack of Pie and cast speed in pure dmg..

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom