RL Event - Savage Conclave

D

dozigden

Those of you playing on Prydwen may have notice there were very few Savage Conclave members about this weekend - We had our first RL event. While not every body could come we did get a good turn out and we all had good fun. We had people flying in, and they even managed to (just) fly back. Much Alchohol was consumed and we basicaly spent the entire weekend talking about DAoC!

If any other guilds are thinking about doing something like this I would STRONGLY recommend it - it's great fun - and very strange - all those people you know but have never met.

So, without further ado, some pictures:- (im easy to spot - ive got the red hat on and later the black one - I'll leave other guild members to decide if they want to identify themselves)

Welcome to DAoC Anonymous
aa.jpg

The Gang
SCpreview.jpg

Dozi is stunned - how did someone get his camera off him - this wasnt meant to happen!
dozistun.jpg

The guild gets some serious practice in for the PvP server... ...On tekken.
practice.jpg

Sparky had a Gauntlet arcade machine(!)
guantlet.jpg

:D This is where most mids are when the albs stage Relic Raids. :D
raidtime.jpg

Thanks to all the SC who could come - sorry to all the SC who couldnt - and the rest of you get out there and run some RL events!

S

SFXman

Damn, it would take a lot of guts to meet all the people in my guild, or anyone you know only over the internet to be exact.
Could be a very scary experience but then again I do believe it would be quite entertaining. Just that it needs to be a LAN!
Of course this is only possible if your guild is more localized and not spread across separate countries. For example my D1/2/LoD guild thought of doing it and even my UO guild did even though we were spread across more than one country... who knows.
Also, damn those people look old (most), I guess all the younger people weren't allowed to go :p

Y

Yussef

Oh god, not pictures, god no

<runs off screaming like a little girl>

L

LunarDarkShadow

Oh my!!! The Mids are in suburbia!!! Who let them through the border gates??

Where are your women? Don't tell me , you've come for ours!

<gathers up the women of Albion to hide them in a secure and secret hideout>

Well done to you, Savage Conclave! There can't be many guilds that would be able to bring everyone together in real life. PL have talked about it many times, but haven't managed to pull it off yet.

Respect...

/salute

T

the_smurflord

Actually, SC aren't the only ones to do with. My old guild, Dark Wombles, has done this on many occasions and it worked brilliantly. Many of them are now friends in real life as well as on-line now.
I can certainly recommend it to any guild, but it does carry risks. You will certainly never look at someone in-game the same way again.

V

VidX

Had a minature Hib/Prydwen RL gathering over the weekend too.

Was 7 of us who gathered in Belfast, 1 travelling from Edinburgh, one from Glasgow, and another from Cardiff. The rest were from around the Belfast area.

Had a good laugh, lots of beer and vodka drank, not alot of sleep done, and a shedload of curry and chinese food eaten.

Brilliant fun. Planning another one, probably a different venue.

M

Myshra

lan events are the best. a men :)

as for the piccies.. your all wearing the same shirt? do tell more ;)

D

Danya

guantlet.jpg

Is that Sparky in the cream jacket playing gauntlet there?! OMG!

O

old.job

OOH No ,not for me, don't wanna spoil the illusion.

How many of your Guild play female characters, but are really hairy ass blokes?

Good to see such a strong guild though, hats off to you for doing it.

D

dozigden

We had Tshirts made up with everyones names on them - it made life a lot easier while everyone learned who was who - and no thats not Sparky - just his guantlet machine!

S

slapmesilly..

I can't believe those are the people I had so many good times with :D

K

Kagato.

Well done ! bet it took some organising to pull that of successfully! Good that everyone enjoyed it too, As it happens I know a fair number of my guild in real life anyway (work mates and suchlike) but im sure a real life party would be a blast.

Just one thing, where did he get the Gauntlet machine ? I want one !

:clap:

B

Bleri McThrust

:)

Did this ourselves once before with our old LoM guild. Its a scary thing to start with but sure does cement long lasting friendships.

One thing to remember though is that your not meeting someone you dont know in a one to one situation but a whole bunch of people.

BTW are there no women in your guild ?? Or even no couples ??

K

kestral

Hey this was wonderful, thanks so much for sharing. Where did you all meet up at?

As for SFXman's remark,
Also, damn those people look old (most), I guess all the younger people weren't allowed to go.

Mature SFXman, mature, it's why the game is fun, it's not all a bunch of screaming kids running rampant through the streets (not always anyway).

Quite glad to hear you all had a good time. :)

O

old.Trine Aquavit

Yep, mature is the word. I recently did a poll of our guild members. Of those that responded we only had one Wee Wolf (under 18), as compared to 3 Wreches of Winder (over 35). I myself turn into a Cave Trow (31-35) next week. Over half the responses were Great Worgs (18-25).

And as for women? Well we do have some but I think women are generally less comfortable travelling miles round the world to meet up with a bunch of strange blokes they've only met over the internet - go figure ;).

S

slapmesilly..

Guess who the bloke under 18 was :rolleyes:
And NO, I'm not 8, I'm 16.. so quit yer whining :p

Besides, age hardly matters.

O

old.Ayam Ganbatte

Jinkies cavie, that looks like a lot of fun.

Feelgood post of the month goes to Savage Conclave!

G

Glyph_mid

To put a nick on a face
on this picture: http://www.savageconclave.com/publish/SCpreview.jpg

Im the 2. guy from the left on the top line, im looking downwards, and i just got a haircut (alot of hair is missing)
Im also on the picture with tekken, on the farthest right

Great event for sure, can only recommend it for others.
I came all the from Denmark with 3 others, and then we met 4 other in the airport in England who came from denmark and sweden. We all met in farborough, and by saturday we were all there.

D

dozigden

As an additional:

This guy turned up at the BBQ but no one knew who he was, anyone got any ideas? :D

jedi.jpg

H

Hufner

Purple Warriors/Talon's Reach did this earlier as well - with a bit higher female participation :)
It's really great fun!

N

nobrot

Heh, good job, and the pics are great.. sooo pleased I am not the only "older" player...,

J

Jupitus

Originally posted by Glyph_mid
We all met in farborough, and by saturday we were all there.

/em stealths quietly and begins the short run to camp the Farnborough MMG

Aaaaarrrggghhhhhhh incoming!!!!!!

Hehe... looks like you had a blast guys... reading the thread immediately made me think it was time we tried to get something going soon for PL soon too :)

/salute the Gauntlet machine

I bet old Sparky raked it in on the night ;) :p

D

dozigden

Actually he had the machine on "free play" rather disappointed really I thought he has more enterprising than that!

reading the thread immediately made me think it was time we tried to get something going soon for PL soon too

Ah ha! time to infiltrate the PL ranks!

O

old.tuppe

wery good idea, and rise cap for this :)
dunno how hard its organise in our guild?
mostly it depends offcourse how far is people coming.
choose land where is most player? or what is centre?
but indeed nice read this kind happenings!
more this.

O

old.Noita

Excellent stuff and well done to you all... not sure I'd be brave enough to do that though... turn up and be the only grrrrl amongst the assembled throng of EoO would be a bit of a risk :)

Congratulations :)

C

-chancer-

nice one we do this about 3 times a year we all group up in a place near nottingham its our old CS clan that now playes CS, Q3, BF1942, DAOC, etc etc we normally get about 50 people to turn up and its great to meet people after talking to them online

T

Tenko

:clap:

Well done, you'd never know passing you in the street that you were a bunch of scary internet psychos :p

Maybe we should pester GOA into doing a "Round Table" style event like Mythic did a few months back.

O

old.tRoG

of course, i wouldnt be allowed to go, the wife would consider that 'sad'....

erk, here she comes!

*dives off the comp*

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom