RIP Muhammad Ali

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
Shame, couldn't live forever though I suppose. Another one gone to 2016.

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
OMG so sad, best actor ever, he really inspired me, I will listen to all his albums now.

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
Be careful not to cut yourself on all that edginess. Ali was probably the single greatest sportsman of the last century. Of the *century*, not just the years when he was active but the entire century. If anyone's death deserves a bit of attention it's him (more so than anyone else this year).

Calaen

I am a massive cock who isn't firing atm!
He was more than a sportsman. He stood up for what he believed in and had everything he'd worked for taken away because of it. Not many would do that.

Tom

I am a FH squatter
Unfortunately he had some rather backward views when it came to race, religion and equality, informed mostly (understandably so) by the way black people were treated in the US. If you watch his interviews with Parkinson where he discusses mixing of races and how women should dress, you come away with a slightly different opinion of the man. I don't doubt he was a great sportsman and clearly extremely intelligent, but I can't quite get over his personal views.

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
Be careful not to cut yourself on all that edginess. Ali was probably the single greatest sportsman of the last century. Of the *century*, not just the years when he was active but the entire century. If anyone's death deserves a bit of attention it's him (more so than anyone else this year).

Oh be quite you whiny little loner. Few people actually give a toss but pretend to all over social media. Same as when anyone dies, nobody will give a fuck in a week, they will have moved onto something else to pretend to care about. This outpouring of faux grief every time someone old dies is ridiculous. People die ffs, get over it.

Jupitus

Old and short, no wonder I'm grumpy!
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Oh be quite you whiny little loner. Few people actually give a toss but pretend to all over social media. Same as when anyone dies, nobody will give a fuck in a week, they will have moved onto something else to pretend to care about. This outpouring of faux grief every time someone old dies is ridiculous. People die ffs, get over it.

Raven - with respect if that's your viewpoint then fine, but I don't see why you seem to expect everyone to share it and throw insults at them when they don't.

RIP Ali - I remember all the talk of him when I was growing up fondly.

Gwadien

Uneducated Northern Cretin

I won't grieve for Ali, I won't lose sleep over him dying but its just a bit shit for someone to die who's an absolute legend.

RIP old fucked up man :)

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
Maybe give "desperately trying to look cool on the internet" a break for a few seconds and realise how much of a twat you're making out of yourself (yet again) in this thread. Think what you like but Ali is a bona fide legend and to not acknowledge that and instead make some flippant remark in an RIP thread is low even for you.

dysfunction

FH is my second home
Unfortunately he had some rather backward views when it came to race, religion and equality, informed mostly (understandably so) by the way black people were treated in the US. If you watch his interviews with Parkinson where he discusses mixing of races and how women should dress, you come away with a slightly different opinion of the man. I don't doubt he was a great sportsman and clearly extremely intelligent, but I can't quite get over his personal views.

Those were early interviews and I believ his views changed for the better as he got older...

Job

The Carl Pilkington of Freddyshouse
Alis views on race stemmed from being treated like a second class human being even after winning Olympic Gold, he joined Islam because of it and everything he said was true about white and black people.

sayward

Resident Freddy
His views were a sign of the times.

And 75 is not old not nowadays.

RIP no surprise tho. The surprise is he lasted that long.

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
His views were a sign of the times.

And 75 is not old not nowadays.

RIP no surprise tho. The surprise is he lasted that long.

Aye, he'd been fighting Parkinson's for like 32 years? or something.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom