Ring (Ringu)

S

SFXman

Originally posted by The Real Redi
Ps - if you've only seen the remake, you're missing out. It's like comparing "Hawk the Slayer" to "Kill Bill" - don't know what it is, but the japs have the most amazing ability to scare me
Not missing jack imho. I have seen the originals (all three) and The Ring.
The remake is scarier imho... can't wait for the hollywood sequel (remake of Ring 2, although I heard they might do it diffferently...)...
The originals were extremely boring throughout most of the movie, there were very few scary moments when you take all the three japanese films in total.

G

Graknak

Ringu, Ringu 2 and Ringu 0 where nice, better then the summed-up-we-don't-understand-spaghettie-like-plots-yank-version.
However i advice you folks not to see Ring: Spiral caus it's really bad, still not as bad as the yank version but bad enough to earn second place.
Still it's cheap to buy the 4 DvD box here in Holland for just 20 euros so....
(For the record in order of chronology: Ringu:0, Ringu, Ringu:2, Ringu: Spiral)

S

SFXman

I just can't believe how people can believe this...
The japanese ones weren't horrifying and they had some excruciatingly boring scenes, lots of them actually.

Hmm... got to find this "Spiral"... EDIT: Spiral is actually called Rasen and is by a completely different director... different kind of movie really, except it intertwines with the Ringu series...

Some info on The Ring 2:

"DreamWorks has announced a November 10, 2004 release date for the film."
"The sequel will NOT have anything to do with the Japanese sequels. "
"GORE VERBINSKI NOT TO RETURN FOR SEQUEL. 5 November, 2004. Both Variety and TheHollywoodReporter.com report that Verbinski will not be returning for The Ring 2."

The series Ringu 0, Ringu and Ringu 2 are their own series.

Rasen/Spiral and Ring: Virus are different takes on the source for all the Ring movies which is a series of 4 novels...

So, basically we have 4 separate The Ring series, the american, the japanese, ring: virus and then ring: spiral...

O

old.Tohtori

Originally posted by SFXman
I just can't believe how people can believe this...
The japanese ones weren't horrifying and they had some excruciatingly boring scenes, lots of them actually.

You're afraid of the yanks, others are afraid of the originals.

Deal with it and don't be a dick.

S

SFXman

Originally posted by old.Tohtori
You're afraid of the yanks, others are afraid of the originals.

Deal with it and don't be a dick.
Basically I have to see and not believe when it comes to horror.

O

old.Tohtori

Just was making a point about opinions. Don't be too zealot in protecting the american version over the japanese, that all.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom