RightNow? RightNow!

• Thread starter old.Aird Fitzdeagle
  • Start date
O

old.Aird Fitzdeagle

Well... I see a lot of complaints about GOA's customer service?
I used RN three times- and three times I got a reply/reaction within 24 hours.
Three times my problems were solved to my satisfaction.
And I know of several people (amongst them a guildmate) who made similar experiences with GOA's CS.

Well - In a fit of frustration I had destroyed Fagan's ring... something you need for your Enchanter epic (who likes dying to bad tempered elves a dozen times?;))...

For about 16 levels I thought "well, might not need that thing anyway...plenty of nice Enchanter items out there..."

Well- two days ago I finally filed a little help request...
kinda forgot about the whole thing and went to hunt in Treibh with a guildmate... when all of a sudden Fagan's bodyguard appears! LOL!
Muttering about how hard it was to find that blasted Enchanter who lost Fagan's ring.

Where are the events? Well, I call that help RightAway and a little RP event. Me and my friend were completely stunned! :)

How simple would it have been to a) deny me the item (Verrant anyone? They show you the middle claw if you lose a lore item...)
or b) just to pop the thing in my inventory.

But no- they made a little rp event out of it. :)
Deeply appreciated!

Flame GOA as much as you want. Every company makes mistakes (what do you think a customer support is for?) but it seems that GOA is making an effort!
Now give me that RP-only server and I will be as happy as a little Lurikeen can be :)

Heads up, GOA! :clap:

Aird Fitzdeagle
Enchanter of 32 circles
High Elder
Ny Markee Shee
Hibernia/Prydwen

S

SFXman

I never had to use RightNow. What do you all use it for anyway?

V

Vell

I'm glad you had a good experience with Rightnow. It does seem that they are starting to get their act together.

I think the main gripe with the system is that you actually have to log out to use it - which is fine for asking general questions, but if, for example, you get sucked into a wall and can't get out, it is incredibly annoying to have to log out, use rightnow, and wait for them to get back to you. Game Stoppage issues should be dealt with immediately, not through Rightnow.

Personally, I haven't had a problem with Rightnow since the infamous stuck for seven days issue, I filed another question or two a month ago, and get a response pretty swiftly.

M

m-a-n-t-i-s

Sounds awesome to me.

Good work CS team :)

G

granny

Originally posted by Aird Fitzdeagle
Well- two days ago I finally filed a little help request...
kinda forgot about the whole thing and went to hunt in Treibh with a guildmate... when all of a sudden Fagan's bodyguard appears! LOL!
Muttering about how hard it was to find that blasted Enchanter who lost Fagan's ring.

That's excellent, nicely done GOA :clap:

BTW you don't have to log out to use RightNow... if you have 2 computers, which is the best way to play daoc, very handy for looking up maps, quests, mob info blah blah :)

O

old.HiredGoon

Recommended system spec should be stating 2 computers then :D

O

old.Andromalius

I had a problem with my lvl 5weapon on a berserker alt in orcanie. When the trainer gave it to me, my inventory was full so it dropped to the ground. And then I LD. Of course when back the weapon isn't there anymore.

I asked for it and the response was: "Sorry can't do, be careful next time".

So I guess there are people in CS that do their jobs, and others who don't.

S

SFXman

Originally posted by Andromalius
I had a problem with my lvl 5weapon on a berserker alt in orcanie. When the trainer gave it to me, my inventory was full so it dropped to the ground. And then I LD. Of course when back the weapon isn't there anymore.

I asked for it and the response was: "Sorry can't do, be careful next time".

So I guess there are people in CS that do their jobs, and others who don't.
Be careful next time?!?! How can you possible prevent an LD? :)
Damn, that was a quite bad response.

F

Flimgoblin

There's a difference between a vital quest item which means you can't do any of the higher level quests...

and losing a good weapon due to bad luck/crappy netdeath.

Still a bit mean to say no I'd say but hey.

T

Tasans

If you have 2 pc you buy 2 accounts and have your main with a trailer buff-healing machine

O

old.Aird Fitzdeagle

Don't you love it when you start a thread and it turns into something completely different? ;)

Anyone else with positive GOA CS experiences? (to bring you people back on track ;))

:m00:

S

SFXman

Originally posted by Tasans
If you have 2 pc you buy 2 accounts and have your main with a trailer buff-healing machine
Umm, where did this come from? Oh well, good idea :)
Imagine playing a L4x wiz/theur and then making him be the trailer of all the next archer/melee classes... you can solo your way to 30...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom