Right... this has to be a joke :p

S

SFXman

It's Finally Here! FilePlanet and Electronic Arts have teamed up to bring FilePlanet Subscribers an Exclusive Sneak Peek of Command & Conquer (TM) Generals! A limited number of downloads of the Generals Multiplayer Test are now available. All you need is a PC with a 2 Gigahertz or faster CPU, 512 MB of RAM, GeForce4 or more recent Direct3D-capable video card, a FilePlanet subscription, and a willingness to bring on the hurt with modern military hardware.

Craaazyyyyy.......

EDIT: Just noticed it is not a joke:
http://www.fileplanet.com/promotions/generals/
# To run the preview, your computer MUST be powered by at least a 2 gigahertz CPU, 512 MB of RAM, and GeForce4 or more recent Dircet3D-capable video card.

T

Teh Fonz!!1

Talk about pricing yourself outta the market.

B

Belsameth

you can be fairly sure the requirements will be toned down a bit for release...tho I imagine a GForce 3 and P4 will be minimum

S

SFXman

Well it is some super-early preview so they have not optimized it at all most likely... naturally they themselves have extremely good computers at Westwood so they leave optimization for last.
However that is still quite insane... one can't possibly make it run on a average PC when it comes out if it says you MUST have those to try the preview even if it has varying levels of detail and resolution...

B

Belsameth

the Doom 3 Alpha was just as bad...
besides that, we've passed the P3 era by now as well...
for quite some time I'd say ;)

S

SFXman

Bah, I don't play RTS games so it doesn't bother me but it just somehow struck my eye as I was browsing through the GameSpy news mail.

S

SFXman

Because I can't run that game and that preview is for subscribers only and even for them there is only a limited number of downloads...

S

SFXman

Well stop saying the words that a tourist has to know to survive in America. Yes, no and thanks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom