Right Now new questions

StGeorge

Fledgling Freddie
I'm prolly missing something here, but I can't see how to post a new question on RightNow. I've logged in using my game password and it sees ma as logged in, but all I can do is look at existing questions I have raised. Can anyone help?

Or does anyone know how to change my email address when the current one is no longer available. I did it through the subscription details but it has sent an email to my previous (now non-existant) email address :mad:

TIA

youngbaba

Fledgling Freddie
contact customer support via email regarding the email address. sorry cant remember the addy right now :S

i had the same problem with RightNow before, cant find the bloody new question button, think they removed it.

just go via email thats what i did, sorted my probs right out
think it might be support@goa.com, not sure tho

Draylor

Part of the furniture
No, they didnt remove it ;)

GOA decided to require you to search for an answer to your question using RightNow before your able to ask a question. Utterly stupid - but thats how it is.

Procedure to askfor support via RightNow:

1. Login
2. Search for an answer: doesnt matter what you search for.
3. The 'ask a question' button will appear, click it

GOA consider making RightNow difficult to use to be a GOOD thing :twak:
Zargar said:
If people are willing to go through the trouble of opening it, log in, send a description of the problem and know they will need to wait for an answer.....

Tijl

Loyal Freddie
Open a FAQ thread and the button should appear, its a great system rly :rolleyes:

Aremeriel

One of Freddy's beloved
Working with support myself, I think that system is very good. That you have to search for a solution before sending in a request. BUT, they should however notify you of it when you log in or something... ;)

Draylor

Part of the furniture
Yeah, thats the sort of opinion we expect from lazy tech support types.

In the real world people expect a better standard of service :)

Aremeriel

One of Freddy's beloved
Draylor said:
Yeah, thats the sort of opinion we expect from lazy tech support types.

Lazy tech support types??? You obviously have no idea what you're talking about.
Why invent the gun-powder more than once?

Draylor

Part of the furniture
:p Why are people that work in tech support *SO* easy to get a reaction out of. Always the same :fluffle:

The reason why its a very bad system for customers in this case is that the majority of times many (most?) people use RightNow its not to ask a simple question. Its to request support with in-game bugs, stuck characters, bugged encounters, subscription problems etc etc etc. None of which the pre-prepared answers in RightNow can cope with.

Ive lost count of the number of times Ive seen this question asked in-game, clearly many people have a problem using the system to find the 'Ask a question' button yet GOA dont consider having a more user friendly site worthwhile.

And all so that they have fewer support requests (or can get away with fewer support staff).

IainC

English WAR Community Manager
The reason it's done like that is that RightNow is a FAQ database as well as a reporting tool. Many questions - especially technical ones are already answered in there and many game issues are resolved in patch notes. Therefore the system makes you check the FAQs before submitting a question and thereby saving you and us some time.
OF course somethings can't be resolved through FAQs - stuck characters, reports of cheating etc however if we put in different ways of reporting these problems that didn't require you to go through RightNow, the system would be too complicated as you'd need to report different problems in different ways and probably using different tools or email addresses for each one. It's easier to put people to the minor inconvenience of having to click on a random question than to have multiple reporting methods.

As for the quote by Zargar. That's been taken out of context a little.
Zargar said:
For ourselves we really have the same problems as Mythic and every other company in this business. The real problems and the readworthy posts are too far between to warrant payed employees to go through them (yeah, I'm off duty at the moment). We need filters and one of them is the Eyes and Ears team who do a good job at alerting us when there is something we need to read up on and deal with. Another is Rightnow, which is really both a filter and mean of communication in itself. If people are willing to go through the trouble of opening it, log in, send a description of the problem and know they will need to wait for an answer, then it is usually because they really have something they want to say, somethng that we can read and evaluate.
What he's saying isn't that RightNow is deliberately intended to be difficult and time consuming to use - it isn't, it takes half a dozen mouse clicks and probably less than a couple of minutes to fill in the average RightNow query. However even that token amount of effort is enough to deter the frivolous or entirely pointless support requests we'd get if there was an 'instant' customer service tool. Trust me, I've seen the pointless spam that Mythic CSRs get dropped on them which is why we decided to go this route.

Draylor

Part of the furniture
The quote earlier is not out of context in any way. Its merely the RELEVANT section. "If people are willing to go to the trouble". Because asking for help due to bugs etc should cause additional 'trouble' for your customers: right?

Requiel said:
However even that token amount of effort is enough to deter the frivolous or entirely pointless support requests
And you know everyone that gives up on making a support request has a frivilous or pointless query?

Is a nice large warning "You must search for an answer before asking a question" really too much to ask for?

Aremeriel

One of Freddy's beloved
Draylor said:
:p Why are people that work in tech support *SO* easy to get a reaction out of. Always the same :fluffle:
Maybe we have a shorter fuse because we get to hear so much crap every day? My favourite crap is "I need a restore of a file I deleted 5 mins ago." "Sorry, but I can't do that. File system is backed up during the night, not in the day. The system can't handle backing up real time." "You must do it. I need that file! I've been working on it for several hours now!"
Some people just don't wanna understand that we can't run real-time backup on 500+ servers.

Draylor said:
The reason why its a very bad system for customers in this case is that the majority of times many (most?) people use RightNow its not to ask a simple question. Its to request support with in-game bugs, stuck characters, bugged encounters, subscription problems etc etc etc. None of which the pre-prepared answers in RightNow can cope with.
It doesn't take that much longer just pressing on the search button before posting a request...

Draylor said:
Ive lost count of the number of times Ive seen this question asked in-game, clearly many people have a problem using the system to find the 'Ask a question' button yet GOA dont consider having a more user friendly site worthwhile.
Which is why I said in a previous (LOL.. Almost wrote precious) post that they should notify users on login that in order to be able to request help, they'll have to do a search first.

Draylor

Part of the furniture
Aremeriel said:
It doesn't take that much longer just pressing on the search button before posting a request...
Correct: the time isnt an issue.

But not everyone accessing GOAs site has read every word theyve ever written to know exactly how RightNow works. Many have fairly poor English. The instructions on how to use it arent good enough.

But if it was clear you had to search before asking a question it would do nothing to reduce the number of support requests GOA receive: which is why I expect the procedure to ask questions via RightNow to remain poorly documented in the future ;)

Driwen

Fledgling Freddie
Draylor said:
But if it was clear you had to search before asking a question it would do nothing to reduce the number of support requests GOA receive: which is why I expect the procedure to ask questions via RightNow to remain poorly documented in the future ;)

uhm did you actually check right now before mentioning this as it is mentioned that you need to search before asking a question. Off course people still dont read stuff even if they run into a problem and I doubt this will change.

http://camelot-europe.goa.com/en/aide/popfaq.php

Draylor

Part of the furniture
Like I said: its not even remotely clear - people fail to read/notice/understand whats said there on a very regular basis. Exactly as GOA apparently want to happen

Daedalus

Can't get enough of FH
Aye. It implies that if you can't find the solution, contacting GoA is a possibility. Yes, I know that that's not what they meant, but that's how most users would pick that up.

It doesn't explicitly tell you that you need to search (and I believe open an article too) in order to ask a question through the RightNow system. Why not explicitly state so? Avoids confusion.

Also, I think that this is the way GoA intends it. Mainly because I did point out that it wasn't clear on how to submit a question for those that are first time visitors in the first 3 RightNow's I sent. Sure, they helped me with the question I sent in, usually within 12-74 hours, but simply ignored my point.

Driwen

Fledgling Freddie
Players with an active Dark Age of Camelot account will be able to ask questions directly to the Customer Support team if they fail to find an answer in our FAQs.

isnt that clear?

Aremeriel

One of Freddy's beloved
Driwen said:
isnt that clear?
Can't be much clearer really...

But people are lazy when they want help.. They don't read all that on the left there... Something I've experienced with support isn't just that people want help fast, they'd rather get it before they ask.... If they have to ask, it's already taken too long..

Draylor

Part of the furniture
Driwen said:
isnt that clear?
Obviously not - or this thread wouldnt exist.

Youve seen the standard of English many players on the 'English' servers have: its certainly not going to be clear to them.

Driwen

Fledgling Freddie
Draylor said:
Obviously not - or this thread wouldnt exist.

Youve seen the standard of English many players on the 'English' servers have: its certainly not going to be clear to them.

I think it is clear, they just dont read it. You might put it on a screen which you have to click through on with the line "Once you have read the above proceed" as button. However in 90% of the problems people will still have not get the idea of it, besides that it isnt that big a problem as people will ask why they cant ask a question in game or on a board and it is only a problem once (assuming people remember it).
Also with every possible system there are people who can manage to screw it up. And I actually doubt except removing the whole faq part out of the right now list will help this problem, BUT doing that is something that I dont think is wise as even for problems like getting stuck you might have an answer in it in faq (like tried to sit down and move away from the object, tried /stuck etc).

Boni

Fledgling Freddie
The 'ask a question first' thing should be dropped, its not clear, and is just another hurldle to jump. As someone who has played a lot in the last 2 years as GM and on the advisor list ALL that time, I get asked this question all the time 'Why cant I submit a question?'

The very first time I used the FAQ I got caught out myself, I searched for an answer in the FAQ, couldnt find it, gave up for a bit, then logged back on and decided to submit an answer. I couldnt, until I noticed the small print and went of and read some completely irellevent answers again.

Looking up an answer first isnt what most users would do if they think their answer isnt in the FAQ's. Its not logical to expect me to open up FAQ pages that are not relevent to my answer in order to progress.

Supplying extra steps along the way doesnt save us as the user time, yes it might save someone in tech support a few jobs (probably some trash, and a few that should have got to them...)

It makes the process more convoluted than you expect. Yes, given time, logic, a good understanding of english you might be able to jump from:-

'if they fail to find an answer in their FAQs' to 'I must look at one or more irellevent answers before I am permitted to subit a question'. But hey most of the user base are foreign or young or both...

Boni

Fledgling Freddie
Aremeriel said:
Can't be much clearer really...

it could be a LOT clearer, its quite a jump of logic in fact.

That sentance sounds like 'hey if you cant find an answer you can submit one'

NOT

'you have to read an answer before you submit a question'.

which apparantly is what it means.

Of course it couldnt be made that clear, if the message was clear that people had to read an answer first, then everyone would, which would defy the point of having this 'idiot filtering' step in the first place...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom