Sport Ricky Hatton

Marc

FH is my second home
lol

Heres a tip Ricky. You have a trainer, listen to him k?

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
Glad he has been knocked down a peg, you would think listening to the media over here before any of his fights that there is no chance he will lose.

Marc

FH is my second home
Glad he has been knocked down a peg, you would think listening to the media over here before any of his fights that there is no chance he will lose.

To be honest, Hatton has never needed to be knocked down a peg. He is a genuine guy with no airs or graces, and you will rarely hear him bad mouth an opponent, unless provoked.

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
It's the way he is potrayed as the messiah reborn by the british media, not a reflection on the man himself.

Marc

FH is my second home
It's the way he is potrayed as the messiah reborn by the british media, not a reflection on the man himself.

But then again, I dont really know where you are comming from. Can you give me some examples of the media portraying him as the messiah reborn? Fair enough, they will hype the fight, but in the weeks leading upto it, I dont recall any media outlets saying he was gonna smash Pacquiao.

Soulja_IA_

Can't get enough of FH
lol

Heres a tip Ricky. You have a trainer, listen to him k?

Thing about that tho is his trainer was saying one thing to him as "get in his face" but for interview later says he didn't listen to him.There also was unrest in the Hatton camp leading up to this contest between trainer and Hatton.

But if he really listened to his trainer it should of been "Don't take this guy on" the Pacman is a class boxer and I knew he be to much for Hatton especially with the Pacmans record through the weights has been impressive.You don't win 6 world titles through being shit.

Now Pacman and Mayweather jnr NOW that be a cracking fight.

To Hatton good luck in you retirement ;)

Soulja

Fast

Part of the furniture
Silly manc almost got himself killed :( Pacman was awesome, might of been different if Ricky had bothered to keep his hands up.

Shagrat

I am a FH squatter
punch in the 2nd round was just ouch....

must have felt like a bus ran into his face

Aoami

I am a FH squatter
God, can't believe i bothered to stay up to watch this. I know Manny is famous for his left hook but did Hatton think he was fighting a one-armed man or something?

Dukat

Resident Freddy
*awaits Ricky posting on here challenging Marc to a boxing match*

:D

CorNokZ

Currently a stay at home dad
I never watch boxing or care much for it, but I do know that if you're about to throw a punch you keep the other hand up so you don't get countered

But yeah.. Ouch :/

Fuggz

Fledgling Freddie
Such a bloody shame that Ricky took on this guy. The guy bloody hammered him. After watching the fight a few times I don't think Ricky would have stood a chance whatever he had tried. The guy was hitting him incredibly hard from all angles. Be interesting to see what Ricky decides now as to whether to keep going. The way he was outboxed and outpunched was so conclusive he would be bonkers to consider a rematch. Trouble is what will people remember Ricky for now? Over 40 straight wins or this diabolical pasting?

Aoami

I am a FH squatter
Such a bloody shame that Ricky took on this guy. The guy bloody hammered him. After watching the fight a few times I don't think Ricky would have stood a chance whatever he had tried. The guy was hitting him incredibly hard from all angles. Be interesting to see what Ricky decides now as to whether to keep going. The way he was outboxed and outpunched was so conclusive he would be bonkers to consider a rematch. Trouble is what will people remember Ricky for now? Over 40 straight wins or this diabolical pasting?

He could've tried boxing for a start.

Marc

FH is my second home
He could've tried boxing for a start.

Nail, head, hit.

A boxer at the top of their game, will always beat a fighter at the top of theirs. Thats why its called Boxing. The only exception to this rule was Tyson in his prime, who was more of a fighter, but also had the head movement, defense and angles to go with it, mainly because Cus D'amtao and Kevin Rooney sorted his defense out. Every other legend of the boxing ring has been a boxer, not a fighter.

Elkie

Can't get enough of FH
Just got back from Vegas, very disappointing I could write everything Ricky done wrong and why he lost but it's all pretty obvious. Still always fun.

Wonk

Can't get enough of FH
Nail, head, hit.

A boxer at the top of their game, will always beat a fighter at the top of theirs. Thats why its called Boxing. The only exception to this rule was Tyson in his prime, who was more of a fighter, but also had the head movement, defense and angles to go with it, mainly because Cus D'amtao and Kevin Rooney sorted his defense out. Every other legend of the boxing ring has been a boxer, not a fighter.

Don't forget Pepe.

Lamp

Gold Star Holder!!
Did someone die? Whats the big fucking deal? He got KO'd fair & square

There's always going to be someone who's younger, fitter, stronger, faster etc

Aoami

I am a FH squatter
The big deal is that Hatton is meant to be one of the best boxers about, but tried to brawl against the best pound-for-pound boxer about and got an absolute lesson.

tierk

Part of the furniture
The big deal is that Hatton is meant to be one of the best boxers about, but tried to brawl against the best pound-for-pound boxer about and got an absolute lesson.

Sorry but can anyone name me a fighter worth his salt that he has fought against and won?

Marc

FH is my second home
Sorry but can anyone name me a fighter worth his salt that he has fought against and won?

Kostya Tszyu, and thats about it. That was the pinnacle of his career as Tszyu was one of the best pound for pound boxers in the world.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom