Revisiting Quake

ChiefPFF

Fledgling Freddie
Hey all.

I just stumbled accross this site today and thought "damn that looks barrysworld" and was very happy to discover that it is! kind of :) Great to see you're still going. :)

Anyhoo, I have been away from QW for a long long time after seeing this site have have got myself up to date with fuhquake etc and now my sweaty palms are itching for some deathmatch! Problem is, I cant find any UK servers! I've googled for hours, and asked around on IRC but my attempts have only produced half a dozen servers. Please help!

Can anyone point me in the direction of an up-to-date UK server list or some active UK servers please? Its either that or ill just ahve to emullate some retro pings by playing US servers :)

Hope someone can help. Cheers.

S

sinner

hello mate

the short and simple answer is 'there aren't many UK qw servers left'. in fact half a dozen sounds about right.

For FFA i would recommend either quake.xs4all.nl (Flepser's serv in the Netherlands, excellent routing from the UK, I'm on 512kbps ADSL and get a 26 ping there usually), also clanwars.quakeworld.nl, qwduel, etc.

I run a small maxclients 12 FFA server which sometimes gets rather busy later at night, the address is thx.gg:27500

I'm assuming you've tried All-Seeing-Eye to locate UK servers? It lists pretty much every QW server world-wide as far as I can see :)

GL mate, let me know how you get on.

ChiefPFF

Fledgling Freddie
Yeah, I did use ASE but it didnt return many uk servers :). Thanks for the advice - I'd never really bothered looking at the scandanavian servers, but they seem good. Cheers mate. :D

PS: After playing for a short time, I realised that I'm bloody awful at quake now. :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom