returning to DAOC - old characters still there?

B

bigfootbigfoot

Hello, used to play DAOC untill about August 02, if i reactivate my account will my old characters be there still ?

I will probably come back to the game but would really like it if my old peeps are still there!

thanks

S

SFXman

They stay there for 6 months according to GOA.

R

Ragnarok1978

I reactivated after 4 months off, my chars were still there.

O

old.Trine Aquavit

The chars will still be there. Even past 6 months the chars will probably still be there. They take up a very small amount of disk space, so that if even one person comes back to the came after, say, 12 months it'll be worth the account - for the purposes of customer retention. While they reserve the right to delete characters after 6 months it's highly unlikely that they'll do it.

Same went for EQ: apparently they've never deleted a single character from any inactive account, and they've been going for 3-4 years.

B

Belsameth

Originally posted by old.Trine Aquavit
The chars will still be there. Even past 6 months the chars will probably still be there. They take up a very small amount of disk space, so that if even one person comes back to the came after, say, 12 months it'll be worth the account - for the purposes of customer retention. While they reserve the right to delete characters after 6 months it's highly unlikely that they'll do it.

Same went for EQ: apparently they've never deleted a single character from any inactive account, and they've been going for 3-4 years.

Mythic didn't either. Sanya said something along those lines in an SI announcement. a very good policy I think.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom