Returning players looking for advice

Airmid

Fledgling Freddie
Hi there, me and my husband are taking a break from WoW and thinking of returning to DAoC. We already have a skald and shaman at 50 with ToA gear (but no MLS), but were thinking of levelling two new characters together. Long term we're looking for two characters that will be useful in groups, but won't be gimped when running together as a duo.

What classes would you recommend? Also, is it dark age of castalot still, or do savages, zerkers etc find it easy to get into groups? Whats it like trying to level in the new Catacombs areas? Is it feasible to try and team a healer and a runemaster for example?

Also, whats the RvR like nowadays? I know clustering is coming up soon, but is there still realm-wide RvR? The PvP system in WoW was very disappointing, so I'm really here to get my teeth into pretty hardcore RvR. And looking a little ahead, are there any decent RvR guilds recruiting? We're looking for a guild that runs regularly in well formed groups using TS or ventrilo (although it will be a couple of weeks until we get to RvRing stage with our new characters, but we already have skald and shaman).

Thanks for the help :)

Contempt

Fledgling Freddie
lets see, in the old days there were like 10 random groups or so out all the time, now theres like 1-2 :p

Airmid

Fledgling Freddie
Not interested in random pick-up-groups tbh >.<

Airmid

Fledgling Freddie
So there's no guild groups out there? No organisation?

Kathal

Fledgling Freddie
Loads of GGs out there. Atm TDD is getting a FG rdy and afaik there is a few other guilds getting a grp rdy for clustering.
As for duoing I would recommend some kind of speed char + a nuker. RM + WL/Dark SM is a nice combo imo. I guess RM + Healer would work too when you get DI2.
If you want the albs/hibs to cry you make a WL and a healer (with DI2/3) ;)

TDD are recruiting so give any member a PM and ask for me, if you are interested.

PS. We use TS :)

Nul

Fledgling Freddie
I really like my WL. Will be easy xp as well.
My second choice would be a 2h troll bers. MoP 4, 50 hammer, 50 parry.
Really fun. Only have one in thid now tho.
Tested one on Gorre, the beta server, very fun. :)

We kinda outnumberd by the albs atm.
Was about 16 defenders (in BG) vs 70 attackers (guard spam) on Nott last weekend (late night).
We need everyone we can get. Hurry up XP now! :)

GL & WB

Airmid

Fledgling Freddie
Thanks guys you've given me a little more hope now ;)

I'm looking at an aug/pac healer for myself while levelling up, then will probably respec to mend/aug. My husband...who knows, he's much more a fan of casters so will probably go runemaster or warlock.

Also how does the whole catacombs instancing thing work? Are they better for pbaoe style groups or equally good for all kinds of groups?

Kathal

Fledgling Freddie
35 Mend: Second best insta grp heal, second best insta heal etc.
15 Aug: Second speed.
38 Pac: First insta AE mezz, Insta mezz, Yellow pom (for the healer), first insta AE stun, insta stun and ofc all the other nice tools :)

Then add a 50/20 WL and I'm sure you 2 can have a lot of fun.

Anyways that's the spec I would like the healer to have if I was to duo with one.

Nul

Fledgling Freddie
Airmid said:
Thanks guys you've given me a little more hope now ;)

I'm looking at an aug/pac healer for myself while levelling up, then will probably respec to mend/aug. My husband...who knows, he's much more a fan of casters so will probably go runemaster or warlock.

Also how does the whole catacombs instancing thing work? Are they better for pbaoe style groups or equally good for all kinds of groups?

I like cata. Made most of my exp there or in DF on my hib chars on prywden.
U also get aurlite that is like DF seals. U can buy stuff for em ~95% qual
that even have toa bonuses. Quite OK to lvl with.
End bosses in some instances also drop some neat items as well.
An instance means that u get ur own session of that dungeon. Only the one
in ur grp enters the same. No more crowded dungeons like Spindelhalla.
There is also instances where u get missions to kill like 15 <particular mob> and get some xp bonus for that. Check ingame /help. I think it describes it as well. (and hopfully better than me... :p)

Himse

FH is my second home
RC RM / Dark SM

debuff duo, nice dmg output etc, you may die alot etc. but hey :D

Naetha

Fledgling Freddie
How do buffbots work in instances? Can you get them in an instance with you? Do they have to be grouped with you to stay in the instance?

living

Fledgling Freddie
have to grp them to get them in there with u.. and when u disband them (while inside) they will get booted.. so BBS arent much help there.. Best way is to buff up using AE buffs (timered) before going in =)

But i wouldent lvl in instances if i had a BB.. or to say.. i did not.. had an active healer stunning for me the most of the time from 20-50 =)

Airmid

Fledgling Freddie
Gonna level a healer, dark sm and rc rm and see how that goes. We'll miss out on shammy spec buffs (SM will be on shammy account) but levelling should be fast in catas, and we'll still have healer base buffs and PoM.

Its nice being back in a game where people are generally polite and considerate (not to mention being able to speak English :eek: ) - I know every game/realm has its share of wankers, but thankfully Mid/Excal has so far been great :)

Castus

Can't get enough of FH
When you get to level 40 can i suggest u do rvr missions together.Take them from general Someone(near teleport stone) and choose assassin(if your not sure just pm Buuh hes ALWAYS doing them:p)Basically you get sent to one of the keeps to find an assassin near a tower = 300 rps and the xps also pretty good at 40.

Leel

Fledgling Freddie
If you're running caster and healer, for the purpose of having speed and mez, you can do pac healer and rm, or aug healer and dark sm. Aug healer gives resist vs sorcs, cabas and bainshees as an added bonus, and sm gets faster casting speed for mezing, though not insta.

Nightrider

Fledgling Freddie
I would recommend a shield warrior and supp spiritmaster duo for leveling, and a shield warrior battlemaster ML8+ and dark spiritmaster convoker ml8+ for RvR.

Im a warrior with bodygard and have had a lot of fun duoing with a dark spiritmaster.

papaboo

Fledgling Freddie
Returning players looking for advice

Advice?

Advice: Play something else :) DAoC is dead and will stay like that untill Mythic admits they screwed up by making New Frontiers and gives us the old back.

... Which of course won't happen.

Twinky

Fledgling Freddie
Castus said:
When you get to level 40 can i suggest u do rvr missions together.Take them from general Someone(near teleport stone) and choose assassin(if your not sure just pm Buuh hes ALWAYS doing them:P)Basically you get sent to one of the keeps to find an assassin near a tower = 300 rps and the xps also pretty good at 40.

haha :clap:

its like every time i switch from sb to bb i see chat spam from buuh all over the screen.. buuh says - assasination

Kathal

Fledgling Freddie
papaboo said:
Advice?

Advice: Play something else :) DAoC is dead and will stay like that untill Mythic admits they screwed up by making New Frontiers and gives us the old back.

... Which of course won't happen.
Thx for your reply. Now get lost and let the rest of us enjoy DAoC.

/dismiss

papaboo

Fledgling Freddie
Kathal said:
Thx for your reply. Now get lost and let the rest of us enjoy DAoC.

/dismiss

Megasozz to you mr LAPD Forum Squad commander

Since when can't I tell ppl that *I* think the game is completely dead?

Now get lost and let me express myself as I fucking want to.

/clap

Strega

Fledgling Freddie
Skald + Berserker is infact a great duo as mentioned earlier. Speed, insta mezz, dd's,SOS, Forceful Zephyr etc combined with a berserkers banelord abilities, charge, and the dmg output. If you do make a zerk, my advice would be to make it norse/dwarf with 10 points in str/con/qui and spec 50 Weapon 50 Left Axe 28 Parry. Dual wielding > 2h. You can easily do 800+ dmg mainhand, 400+ offhand with banespike up anyway on chain targets.

Bistrup666

Loyal Freddie
Airmid said:
Hi there, me and my husband are taking a break from WoW and thinking of returning to DAoC. We already have a skald and shaman at 50 with ToA gear (but no MLS), but were thinking of levelling two new characters together. Long term we're looking for two characters that will be useful in groups, but won't be gimped when running together as a duo.

What classes would you recommend? Also, is it dark age of castalot still, or do savages, zerkers etc find it easy to get into groups? Whats it like trying to level in the new Catacombs areas? Is it feasible to try and team a healer and a runemaster for example?

Also, whats the RvR like nowadays? I know clustering is coming up soon, but is there still realm-wide RvR? The PvP system in WoW was very disappointing, so I'm really here to get my teeth into pretty hardcore RvR. And looking a little ahead, are there any decent RvR guilds recruiting? We're looking for a guild that runs regularly in well formed groups using TS or ventrilo (although it will be a couple of weeks until we get to RvRing stage with our new characters, but we already have skald and shaman).

Thanks for the help :)

If your old was skald + shammy I would go with himse.

Rc or darkcarver rm and dark sm.

Very good duo team RvR and pretty nice pve too tho need pow.

Catacombs it very nice at higher lvl you wont lvl faster anywhere than on catacomb quest at 45-50 (and yes that includes pl in moderna).

If U "save" your quests in cata for higher lvl U can easy get 2 lvls in an evening like 48-50.

By saving I mean take quest but don't solve it ;)

The upside on catacombs quest is the xp is insane 1/4 - 1½ bub and a few isa even more. Most can be soloed without bb.

Btw light tanks as U mentione roll zerker as sav lack RA's atm hence no charge ect. might be it's gonna change with new patch ;)

Angrist

Part of the furniture
Castus said:
if your not sure just pm Buuh hes ALWAYS doing them:p)Basically you get sent to one of the keeps to find an assassin near a tower = 300 rps and the xps also pretty good at 40.

Not true he just makes 30k on missions before he join the fun with our grp, so far he made 14+ plat doing missions :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom